News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

Cool...love the light up panel...nice touch,, 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Luke51411

That looks and sounds amazing! WANT!

vigilante397

Quote from: Kyurie on May 02, 2015, 04:50:03 AM

I hope you realize how absolutely amazing this is, because I know everyone else does. Just wow. It's almost criminal to hide a circuit board that beautiful in a box, but fortunately the box is beautiful as well. Really excellent work. I love seeing your stuff, gives me a (pretty unattainable) standard to work toward 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Kyurie

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 02, 2015, 06:00:15 AM
Cool...love the light up panel...nice touch,, 8)

Thanks! The idea came suddenly - I didn't plan them in the beginning. But my wife said that it might be cool  :)

Quote from: duck_arse on May 02, 2015, 10:58:21 AM

wow.

Thank you! Then sanding and laquer finishing..

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 02, 2015, 12:33:54 PM
That looks and sounds amazing! WANT!

Thank you! I'm very happy  :)
http://mouselectronics.com/products/mezzanine/
we made Mezzanine's ebay page.

Quote from: vigilante397 on May 02, 2015, 02:04:49 PM
Quote from: Kyurie on May 02, 2015, 04:50:03 AM

I hope you realize how absolutely amazing this is, because I know everyone else does. Just wow. It's almost criminal to hide a circuit board that beautiful in a box, but fortunately the box is beautiful as well. Really excellent work. I love seeing your stuff, gives me a (pretty unattainable) standard to work toward 8)

Thank you so much! It is very exciting to read reviews, especially when the project was very long and was invested a lot of time and effort for engineering and design.
Спасибо большое!!!  :)

duck_arse

are you hand soldering those boards, Kyurie?

Luke51411

I feel like this is one of the rare cases I would justify spending that amount on a pedal (the price is right I'm just cheap ;D if anything the price is a bit low.) though I've just made some silly (read: awesome) purchases and will have to save up.

Luke51411

Not much compared to many of the recent posts but I'm proud of this one! 1776 multiplex jr delay. BUILD ONE! This is my third.

Cozybuilder

Luke- What a clever graphic, I love it!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Kyurie

Quote from: duck_arse on May 03, 2015, 10:28:59 AM
are you hand soldering those boards, Kyurie?

Yes. My friend (Anton 'ANTech') & me make pedals - He is electronic engeneer and solders SMD and I do all design, construction, wood, metal and final wiring job.

Govmnt_Lacky

Chuckbuick's excellent SMD A/DA Flanger. Rocks!!!

Sorry if the pics are HUGE!  :icon_eek:  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Zapp Brannigan

Hello, everyone! Goode Olde Zapp brings you some of his skills to be judged - germanium transistor-based overdrive (not fuzz, but a real overdrive\distortion pedal consisting of 3 hi-gain amplification stages without clipping diodes). It is built of Soviet mp28 and mp42 transistors, vintage Remix capacitors (except those in tonestack) and some parts from junkyard:

And the sound (bass guitar isn't good here, just don't pay attention):
http://www.filedropper.com/deathmetal

duck_arse

you can't fool me, zapp, they're not the same box. what sort is the sloper, mmmmm, styros, and very nice.

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: duck_arse on May 04, 2015, 11:19:12 AM
you can't fool me, zapp, they're not the same box. what sort is the sloper, mmmmm, styros, and very nice.

I don't fool you, I used that aluminium box as a bath to wash away flux from the PCB (there you can see some alcohol on the bottom on the first pic, not clear because it has almost evaporated). The overdrive itself lives in that black box below.

trad3mark

Another 27//54 build.

Its in no way the prettiest wiring, but its a second prototype. Made a few subtle changes. Different cathode caps so its a bit friendlier to bass heavy setups, different pot values to match output levels a bit better, 3d printed mounts for the tube socket, and LEDs added for each side.

The whole point of this build is to see if it would be worth doing a run of them. I've already had 3 people asking for one, and I've priced it up to get PCBs made. The PCB layout is infinitely neater, and gives me more space between the tube and board. So I'm pleased with the progress, but its still got a long way to go before I'd be comfortable putting them out there. But I'm making progress, right? Right!?

italianguy63

OK-- a teaser... I've been busy.

This is the prototype of my next "production" unit... it is "LaTunda"--

It is a true positive ground (charge pumped), Tycobrahe Octavia.  Complete with MPSA18 and 2N6519's.  Onboard pots, LED, and switch for the octave effect...  Currently working on the enclosure art and production...

Works great-- way cool.  Check out the black phenolic.

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Groovenut

ooooooooooh !!!! Very nice Mark!!!!!!!
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Cozybuilder

Looks fantastic inside, can't wait to see what you come up with for graphics!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

Quote from: Cozybuilder on May 05, 2015, 11:05:40 AM
Looks fantastic inside, can't wait to see what you come up with for graphics!

It won't disappoint.