Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 30, 2015, 05:29:37 PM
Arcadiator!

LOVE the Contra cheat code reference!

Awesome build!!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

plexi12000

wow---- "the smoker" is bad ass.  totally cool.

Luke51411

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 30, 2015, 08:49:29 PM
LOVE the Contra cheat code reference!

Awesome build!!
You need 30 lives when playing with this thing!

Mustachio

That Big Muff rehouse in the wedge is awesome Mac! Love the look, those enclosures you make look great!

Stevey The graphics on that delay came out great! Really well done I love the amber/orange led's.

Glops always love your style , post apocalyptic dystopian future!

Nice graphics on the big muff fuzz Luke , those diodes got legs down the boulevard haha.

Ooo that Tangerine is smoooooooove! Classy stuff David

That Arcadiator is cool stuff haha well done man!

I gotta finish up some pedals, it's been WAY too long since I've finished a build!

"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

darron

another wedge. shaun klinger did the guts in this one though:

text is white powder coating with clear over the top.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

italianguy63

Luke!  I see pink knobs!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Luke51411

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 01, 2015, 06:25:46 AM
Luke!  I see pink knobs!
Indeed. I figured that was as good a use as any.

peterg

Darron -  That is sweet! Love the synth knobs. Any gut shots?

darron

Quote from: peterg on June 01, 2015, 08:23:26 AM
Darron -  That is sweet! Love the synth knobs. Any gut shots?

like I said though, no credit to me for the guts. i just did the box:

Govmnt_Lacky

@darron

OK... I'll ask....

How did you powder coat the graphics? (i.e. lettering, pedal name, etc.)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

darron

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 01, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
@darron

OK... I'll ask....

How did you powder coat the graphics? (i.e. lettering, pedal name, etc.)

---    when spraying the base colour spray the top a bit thicker. don't need to bake it the full duration, just enough to come to temperature then maybe 5 mins more, not a full 10 or so.
---    then clear coat with powder - again spray the top pretty thick but not too thick to start going cloudy. again, don't need to bake this all the way.
---    laser engrave through all the layers at a slowish setting to keep the walls thick. it's blasting through a lot of powder by now. this was done at a speed of around 50% with full power @600dpi on a 25W epilog co2 laser.
---    carefully fill the graphics and wipe off as much excess as you can with a damp cloth. bake it but not all the way as before.
---    sand off all excess fill colour that's gone where you didn't want it to. where the artwork is thick be careful not to sand right though. same any acid etch. i didn't include areas in the artwork that were much thicker than plain lines to avoid sanding the middles out.
---    now the sheen of the first clear coat is ruined. rebaking won't fix it. so apply one last coat of clear powder and bake for the full duration recommended. this is coat number two so don't go too heavy. just enough coverage to not have spotty texture anywhere. as this is now the third coat of powder a lighter spray will avoid discolouring and the walls getting too thick and easy to damage where the bottom plate touches.
---    bake again (

Pettol

Kipper4

Here an optical tremolo in my new folded metal slope front enclosures
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Pettol

Got inspired by Mac Walkers bending brakes and Johns Lyons' hammer paint design and made this tonebender MKII (with Russian transistors).
Can't make up my mind - with our without the etched sign?

italianguy63

Definitely WITH.  Has a vintage look.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bloxstompboxes

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

rocket8810

+1001 ;D

really looks fantastic with the etched sign, and i absolutely love the color. awesome job.

Harry

Love the wedges, awesome work, guys.

deadastronaut

WITH...looks great. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//