News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quote from: ASchmalex on July 01, 2015, 08:49:34 PM
..... Excited to practice drilling more centered holes :)

-Alex

this excitement will pass. they are good looking things, the lpb1 look disturbs me, strangely. what are they pointing at? do they also excite at well drilled holes?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Fender3D

She says:

"pliers? up there!!"

duck  :icon_mrgreen:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

ASchmalex

Ha! I had some images cut out of some old school books (sorry to any book collectors) and this one was the closest to fitting the enclosure. I am pretty sure they were originally pointing at a cave entrance or possibly a stop sign, now they point at the level of boost. I know I have more pointing images that are just begging to be used, be prepared for future disturbance!

italianguy63

Quote from: ASchmalex on July 02, 2015, 02:02:48 PM
Ha! I had some images cut out of some old school books (sorry to any book collectors) and this one was the closest to fitting the enclosure. I am pretty sure they were originally pointing at a cave entrance or possibly a stop sign, now they point at the level of boost. I know I have more pointing images that are just begging to be used, be prepared for future disturbance!

I like the way this guy thinks.  He will fit in just fine here!

;D
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

jimilee

Slow gear clone -> Krypron phaser (mutron clone)-> deep blue delay->thomasH reverb, flipper switch between each effect and hidden leds. Hell of a build, crazy sounds.

duck_arse

glen baxter, he knows pointing.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: jimilee on July 03, 2015, 11:00:29 AM

Slow gear clone -> Krypron phaser (mutron clone)-> deep blue delay->thomasH reverb, flipper switch between each effect and hidden leds. Hell of a build, crazy sounds.

Impressive, but those toggles don't look long for this world...unless you have pointy shoes/boots and VERY good aim.

jimilee

Quote from: Mark Hammer on July 03, 2015, 11:54:39 AM

Impressive, but those toggles don't look long for this world...unless you have pointy shoes/boots and VERY good aim.
Right! I have tiny feet, but I really haven't put it to the test yet. It was more of a because I can type build.

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on July 03, 2015, 12:27:15 PM

Quote from: Mark Hammer on July 03, 2015, 11:54:39 AM

Right! Thank you. I have tiny feet, but I really haven't put it to the test yet. It was more of a because I can type build.

Mark Hammer

Well, from the looks of it, your status LEDs are shining through a graphic applied over top of the chassis.  If the toggle locations do pose a problem you could always use their current holes for the status LEDs, and move the toggles themselves back an inch or so, out of harm's way.  It looks like you have the room for it.

Alternatively, play with the nuts for the stompswitches and toggles, so that the toggles are as low to the surface of the box as you can get them, and the stompers as high off the box surface, when pushed down fully, as you can manage.

davent

Just go with the pointy shoes.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

italianguy63

+1 I like Dave's solution better.   :icon_mrgreen:
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Cozybuilder

A drag Gene Simmons?
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

davent

I think we're good to go with that particular shoe, up to size 14.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jimilee

Quote from: Mark Hammer on July 03, 2015, 01:25:34 PM
Well, from the looks of it, your status LEDs are shining through a graphic applied over top of the chassis.  If the toggle locations do pose a problem you could always use their current holes for the status LEDs, and move the toggles themselves back an inch or so, out of harm's way.  It looks like you have the room for it.

Alternatively, play with the nuts for the stompswitches and toggles, so that the toggles are as low to the surface of the box as you can get them, and the stompers as high off the box surface, when pushed down fully, as you can manage.
Great idea Mark, I didn't actually think about that, a little rewiring and we're good to go.

ASchmalex

vigilante397

Not sure if this "counts," but this is a commercial pedal I bought (Mooer Pure Octave) that I LOVED the sound of but HATED the look of, so I sanded it down and refinished it, and I consider it a huge improvement. With a Fuzz Factory in front of it (the only way to use it, in my opinion) with both upper and both lower octaves it sounds a bit like a church organ, so I nicknamed it ORGANIC. Hands down the best $60 I've ever spent and it will probably stay on my board forever.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

^ nice, much better than the horrible turd with a piece of sweetcorn stuck in it look...

better name too 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 06, 2015, 02:27:08 AM
Not sure if this "counts," but this is a commercial pedal I bought (Mooer Pure Octave) that I LOVED the sound of but HATED the look of, so I sanded it down and refinished it, and I consider it a huge improvement. With a Fuzz Factory in front of it (the only way to use it, in my opinion) with both upper and both lower octaves it sounds a bit like a church organ, so I nicknamed it ORGANIC. Hands down the best $60 I've ever spent and it will probably stay on my board forever.

A+ on the enclosure
C on the carpet, it does the job but nothing more  ;D