News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeFX

Here's my most recent build. It a modified FDECK HPF preamp with input switcher and independent volume controls for doubling on bass. My wife did the artwork.

tasos

There you go!A feedback looper pedal.Super easy to build,this is actually a wiring project  ;D

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Mac Walker

Did a run of new style wedge enclosures, here is a finish sample in gold and silver.

These are available in the registered, for sale section.

And a customer example:

Pettol

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

peterg

A Big Muff Pi:

davent

Gorgeous inside and out Peter! No idea how you've done the top, an etch with multiple colours?

Clean, clean ,clean...
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

KSG

Hello, guys!
Here is my Big Muff Civil War (mentioned earlier) with LIVE LED:
http://youtu.be/k2_sLVcHPz0
It's pity, but camera of mobile phone cannot reliably display the play of colors...  :(
(Guitar player is my friend).
Use it or lose it.

storyboardist

Here's my latest build. Super OCD – a souped up OCD designed by Fred Briggs.

It also has an internal charge pump so you can switch between 9 and 18 volts

Guts - layout can be found on my blog.

diydave

Summer is ending, so are these:

A Chorus

Which is just a rehousing because I didn't like my first attempt for it.

A Triband equalizer with added gain/drive knob

roseblood11

Quote from: storyboardist on September 01, 2015, 10:22:35 AM
Here's my latest build. Super OCD – a souped up OCD designed by Fred Briggs.

Nice one!
Does someone here know Fred Briggs personally? He didn't post for a couple of years now...

Luke51411

Dead astronaut spitfire metal n blues with an added clean blend for a bass player. This is a rehouse so the wiring isn't too pretty.

bluebunny

^^  Cool paint job.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

KSG

Hello, guys!
Here is my FET X-amp overdrive. The main idea was borrowed from the amplifier Carvin: amplification, attenuation, then amplification and attenuation again several times for getting smooth and sweet overdrive. I used only 5 overdriving stages instead of 15 at original - I decided that it will be enough. I borrowed tonestack from BSIAB-II (with mids control knob), and also I added 3-position CUT toggle to eliminate harsh components of sound. FET-transistors are taken from broken condenser microphones: they are low noise and high gain and cost nothing.

guts:

Also here is internal switch FAT at the left corner of the PCB.

Use it or lose it.

Pojo

So here's a little project I've been messing around with for a while...like 8 or 9 months of constant tweaking. It's my own circuit but nothing terribly innovative. Just some common building blocks arranged in my own way and I've been really happy with the results. Here's a shot of my last 2 builds showing the guts and the completed top all at once. Basic idea is starting with a non inverting opamp stage with mosfet clippers wired up for ultra soft clipping in the feedback loop (credit to Mr Orman for this idea!). That gets cascaded into a pair of 2n5457 stages with careful attenuation and filtering between stages. The other half of the opamp wraps everything up with a run of the mill buffer for reliable interaction with whatever's downstream.

If you're curious what this all sounds like here are some clips demoing the mid gain tones here: https://soundcloud.com/pojofx/

Please excuse any weirdness in this post...I'm quite a few sheets to the wind on this fine early sat morning :)

Luke51411

WSG: Wow! That is very cool. You salvaged smd components?
Pojo: great design!

KSG

Luke51411: Yes, I often reuse SMD components from old cellular PCBs, I have a lot of them.
Use it or lose it.

Luke51411

Quote from: KSG on September 05, 2015, 09:58:31 AM
Luke51411: Yes, I often reuse SMD components from old cellular PCBs, I have a lot of them.
That's pretty neat! How do you salvage them? You're not desoldering one at a time are you :icon_eek: