News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSG

QuoteHow do you salvage them?
- easy! It is necessary to heat both sides of component simultaneously with wide soldering tip.
When remove components with three terminals (e.g. SOT-23 package) simply use thin flexible stainless strip of shaving blade and quickly insert it between foil of PCB and terminal when solder is already molten.
;)
Use it or lose it.

Kyurie

Hi there!

Some new photos from Minsk with love :)
Guts of the new tube distortion by Mouse Electronics. Coming soon!

We made this with the custom ordered factory PCB's. Thanks for watching!

davent

Quote from: Luke51411 on September 05, 2015, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: KSG on September 05, 2015, 09:58:31 AM
Luke51411: Yes, I often reuse SMD components from old cellular PCBs, I have a lot of them.
That's pretty neat! How do you salvage them? You're not desoldering one at a time are you :icon_eek:

Propane torch and a smack??
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

tasos

Kyurie:That is truly awesome!Can't wait to see that boxed.You are posting it right?

snarblinge

Beautiful Kyurie, everything so perfectly placed, so satisfying to look at.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

peterc

Kyurie

That is a engineering masterpiece.....

What do the LEDs do?

Peter

Kyurie

QuoteKyurie:That is truly awesome!Can't wait to see that boxed.You are posting it right?

Thank you!
Of course, now working with the enclosure

QuoteBeautiful Kyurie, everything so perfectly placed, so satisfying to look at.
Thank you so much!

QuoteKyurie

That is a engineering masterpiece.....

What do the LEDs do?

Peter

Thank you! Glad to read that! :)

Leds make glow like this:

duck_arse

Quote from: davent on September 05, 2015, 06:55:44 PM
Quote from: Luke51411 on September 05, 2015, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: KSG on September 05, 2015, 09:58:31 AM
Luke51411: Yes, I often reuse SMD components from old cellular PCBs, I have a lot of them.
That's pretty neat! How do you salvage them? You're not desoldering one at a time are you :icon_eek:

Propane torch and a smack??

davent - first time I read that, distracted by russia and minsk, I missed the "a" before smack. got my attention enough to read it twice, tho.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bean

My Dipthonizer build.

Luke51411

Reverb and delay belong together. The reverb board is from Pickdropper and it is my first smd build. Consequently there is only one way to find out the correct polarity of a tantalum smd cap and it involves smoke. Thankfully i ordered aluminum electros as well to see if they would fit as they are much cheaper. The delay is the sea flea project I found on oshpark.

The spaghetti doesn't look so bad when it's color coded!

amptramp

@Luke51411

Love the finish on that.  How did you do it?

Luke51411

Quote from: amptramp on September 08, 2015, 10:18:29 AM
@Luke51411

Love the finish on that.  How did you do it?
Alcohol inks. Stamping the labels took some practice as I just stamped with alcohol ink on top of the base coat. It has a tendancy to run or melt together if you have too much on the stamp. It's pretty easy to get a good looking finish.

Tethinhas

Hello guys! Greetings from Brazil!

It's my first time posting  :icon_cool:, here's my last project, the Song of Time Delay: A delay with something about 2 seconds of repetitions, LFO modulation, infinite repetitions option, an indicator led that blinks with the delay time, and a clean booster!

The etched enclosure was a huge challenge, 'cause I had never done something like before... I'll post more details of how i've made it in the 'etched enclosures' topic.

Anyway, the art was all inspired in the game The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask.

What do you guys think?

Also, with you want to see more pics or my other projects, check ouy my page on FB! "Ferri Handmades"  :icon_mrgreen:
Handmade Custom Effects, Photography, Music, Arch, Videogames and Randomness. Oh, and aliens.

https://www.instagram.com/ferricustomfx/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Tethinhas on September 10, 2015, 10:45:22 AM
What do you guys think?

No gut shots? Interesting build.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

deadastronaut

No guts no glory... ;D

nice build,etch....cool
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 11, 2015, 04:15:04 AM
No guts no glory... ;D

nice build,etch....cool

No other posts but pictures with company tags and logos. No follow up. My guess is a plug for free advertisement and Google search fodder.

And another flower blooms!  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Tethinhas

No guts no glory... ;D

nice build,etch....cool

Thanks sir!!! Will post the guts pics \/

No other posts but pictures with company tags and logos. No follow up. My guess is a plug for free advertisement and Google search fodder.

And another flower blooms!  8)

What???? hahahahaha! Not even a company, I'm just a 18 years old dude who make stompboxes at my basement  :icon_mrgreen:

I have only a few and bad shots, but take a look:

Here's the Led Tempo indicator, it blinks a led with the delay time.

3 PT2399! It's the Rebote 3 by tonepad with some mods.

Mess... Preamp Clean Boster... some 7805 and 7809 = noiseless and 9v to 15v power suply  :icon_mrgreen:

Handmade Custom Effects, Photography, Music, Arch, Videogames and Randomness. Oh, and aliens.

https://www.instagram.com/ferricustomfx/

Govmnt_Lacky

I retract my previous statement young man!  :icon_redface:

Willypp

Kyurie, shut up and take my money!  Where can we get the PCBs from!  What voltage does the tube run at?

mth5044

Quote from: Tethinhas on September 10, 2015, 10:45:22 AM

You were only three years old when that game came out  :icon_eek:  :icon_eek:  :icon_eek:

Fantastic design and etch though. I love that game.