Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hides-His-Eyes

That enclosure is incredible

keto

Few of my other builds.

mth5044

Those are some awesome decorations Keto. Do you buy letters at art stores or make them yourself?

keto

Quote from: mth5044 on June 13, 2010, 08:55:17 PM
Those are some awesome decorations Keto. Do you buy letters at art stores or make them yourself?

On every one of those pedals, the letters are laid down letter by letter....mostly stickers, but some are beads (fuzzrite/phaser) strung on wire then superglued down, some (the big multi coloured 'alphabet' on the other fuzzrite) are also sort of hanging beads, with the bead holes up top trimmed off.  I spend lots of time trolling dollar stores & craft shops looking for ideas....have a couple shopping bags full of different stuff, again mostly stickers but also beads, temp tattoos, and other stuff I think I might use some day.  I really like the bubble letters (bottom bosstone, overdriver) but can't seem to get them locally now.

tuckster

Keto your enclosures are so awesome!! ;) I like the lettering!
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

nice...the fuzzrite makes me feel like eating lot of sweets!....(candy)... :icon_lol:

heres a wooly fuzzy f***r thats been bugging me and stil is...lol....

the design is for a bass player who smokes a lot ... ;)

still having greif with the pinch/gate pot though!....lol...great otherwise..

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

kupfer_m

Quote from: ericohman on June 12, 2010, 05:20:38 PM

thanks to Mick Bailey for answering my questions about chrome trim... you may have spotted the ugly 90 degree trim bends :)

Very nice enclosure ! And beautiful pictures!!!

ericohman

Quote from: kupfer_m on June 14, 2010, 11:06:29 AM
Very nice enclosure ! And beautiful pictures!!!

Thank you!
Enclosure is a Teko BC2 (available at banzaimusic.com among others). I might have to put some "metal pins" on the inside between the front and rear panel to get more stabilization :) The panels are pretty floppy when you insert the guitar cables etc...
INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/perkabrod
Scroll past all car stuff to see my vintage amps and stompboxes ;)
Eric // Skellefteå, Sweden.

Magnus

Hello together,
my internet was unavailable over a week or so and now there are so many new and great looking pedals - WOW!

Here's the next one from me, not a "real pedal" but a nice little helper,
an IC-Buffer which I call "Popeye-Buffer" - I think you understand why  ;)

@ericohman:

I am building a "Mojo-Rangemaster" in a Teko-Enclosure too
and I do it with a little pcb like you cause I don't like the "original style-wiring"  ;)

Very great clone by the way!

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

knealebrown

:o wow .....next build a rangemaster, but that cannot be outdone. Great build

heres my toobscreamer build with really, really, REALLY expensive-super hi fi-boutique mods.

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

frequencycentral

Quote from: knealebrown on June 14, 2010, 04:08:49 PM

Love it! Great graphic, and where did you get those awesome knobs?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Slade

Really nice, knealebrown, beautiful pedal. Where are our gutshots ???

Galego

Quote from: knealebrown on June 14, 2010, 04:08:49 PM
:o wow .....next build a rangemaster, but that cannot be outdone. Great build

heres my toobscreamer build with really, really, REALLY expensive-super hi fi-boutique mods.

Looks great. What are 'really, really, REALLY expensive-super hi fi-boutique mods'?

keto

Fuzzrite, with bigger output caps - .0068 makes it a much fuller woolier usable fuzz.

Taylor

knealebrown

Thanks guys, always a trip through egoville receiving compliments from you crazy pedal dudes.  :icon_mrgreen:

gut shot? i went for the 'shortest amount of cable = less treble lost in capacitance route''........ok, i lie, i went for the 'this part connects to this part, so lets DO IT!!!!!!!' route.

My mods were to replace the two components that differ between the ts9 and ts808 with a 4pdt switch meaning i can do it in one flick. I also added an extra diode for asymmetrical clipping and two differing values of caps for varying bass response.
Mod info can be found at beavis audio and tone pad in their screamer lab and build notes respectively.

heres my gut shot:

Slade

Looks good, I'd only suggest that you use PCB stand offs, that little things would make a big difference ;)

Ok, I miss posting something, here are the guts of the last Big Box I posted some pages back:

Regards,
Fernando.-

Galego

Quote from: knealebrown on June 14, 2010, 06:04:36 PM
Thanks guys, always a trip through egoville receiving compliments from you crazy pedal dudes.  :icon_mrgreen:

gut shot? i went for the 'shortest amount of cable = less treble lost in capacitance route''........ok, i lie, i went for the 'this part connects to this part, so lets DO IT!!!!!!!' route.

My mods were to replace the two components that differ between the ts9 and ts808 with a 4pdt switch meaning i can do it in one flick. I also added an extra diode for asymmetrical clipping and two differing values of caps for varying bass response.
Mod info can be found at beavis audio and tone pad in their screamer lab and build notes respectively.

heres my gut shot:

No non-polar electrolytics? Not boutique :D

;)

knealebrown

Quote from: Galego on June 14, 2010, 06:29:54 PM

No non-polar electrolytics? Not boutique :D

;)

they are the big grey ones in the center, the ones that look like......crap  ;)

sundgist

@keto - Love the mousetrap styled box.

I'd just like to lower the bar a little! :P At least for the duration of this post!  :D

My first "lets see what this is all about" attempt at etching this weekend.
A Distortus Maximus I've had lying around in an undecorated box for ages. Doesn't get used much, so I thought I'd have a little experiment. Left the pots, footswitch and everything in place. Asked the wife for an old bottle of nail varnish I could use (got a funny look), drew a few labels and scribbles and just dripped etchant on with a cotton bud.
Etch isn't quite deep enough, but I quite like the rough looking result after a mist of red paint and a coat of lacquer.