News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Inspired by this design:

I make something not usual for my designs.
Here is a few pictures from my latest booster pedal.

And the final package with cloth bag and paper box

Small boards are from laser engraved brass sheet - 0,5 mm thickness

~arph

Reminds me of this:

http://blackstoneappliances.com/

Now make the pots screws.

Thomeeque

Quote from: Nikolay on June 16, 2010, 09:04:38 AM

Wow! Beautiful!

I just wonder, when looking at the gutshot, is the box grounded?
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Nikolay

^ Thanks!

Yes, the box is grouded. I take the ground from a short wire from a PCB and connected to the potentiometer's shaft.

Slade

That's a nice one, Nikolay, I like the knob you used! Looks really nice.

Here's the stock version of The Crunch Master with a toggle switch for Lo Gain Overdrive / Hi Gain Crunch tones.

Regards,
Fernando.-

~arph

Looking good!

but wait.. your house burnt down five days ago and you are still building pedals?

Slade

Quote from: ~arph on June 16, 2010, 11:06:10 AM
Looking good!

but wait.. your house burnt down five days ago and you are still building pedals?

It was the house beside mine, I didn't miss anything but I stayed with no light and no water so I just had to move to another apartment last weekend and yeah.. my fingers started to ask for something to do, and that's it ;)

~arph

Ah, clear now.. My spanish isn't good enough.

Slade

Quote from: ~arph on June 16, 2010, 11:25:01 AM
Ah, clear now.. My spanish isn't good enough.
No problem. BTW, thank you for your concern.

paulyy

Quote from: Nikolay on June 16, 2010, 09:04:38 AM
Inspired by this design:

I make something not usual for my designs.
Here is a few pictures from my latest booster pedal.

Small boards are from laser engraved brass sheet - 0,5 mm thickness

This looks like something on my printing press at work. Very clean. Nice work.

tubelectron

Hi Tomas,
Very nice job about your laser engraved brass plate (an the whole) on your booster - well, it needs to have the laser equipment required for that, or the subcontractor to do it... My plate comes from an old dismantled IBM 70's monument computer PSU. Not very dedicated to the box like the one you've done, but... Vintage, indeed !
A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

John Lyons

Custom "Spooky Tooth"

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

kupfer_m

Quote from: knealebrown on June 14, 2010, 04:08:49 PM
heres my toobscreamer build with really, really, REALLY expensive-super hi fi-boutique mods.

Did you use a decal for the graphics?

Jim

kupfer_m

noelgrassy

Seriously tasty use of hammered finish and stove dials and yer lamp!
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

deadastronaut

yeah nice john..love that lamp too.......
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

knealebrown

Quote from: kupfer_m on June 17, 2010, 02:30:33 AM

Did you use a decal for the graphics?

Jim

Hi Jim, no the technique i use involves printing onto self adhesive photo gloss paper then laminating the image, cutting it out, removing the sticky back (and therfore the redundant half of the laminate) leaving the photo gloss paper with a shiney vynil like top. Then i place the image and clear coat the top. It works quite well i think although acctually this is the worst one ive done. But also the most complicated so thats ok  ;D
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

knealebrown

Heres the case for my rangemaster clone, just waiting on my OC44 then ill post gut shots. no mojo no photo :P. The case is an old train set controller i bought at a bric-a-brac stall in Edinburgh last week. below is the original case.

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: Galego on June 14, 2010, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: knealebrown on June 14, 2010, 06:04:36 PM
Thanks guys, always a trip through egoville receiving compliments from you crazy pedal dudes.  :icon_mrgreen:

gut shot? i went for the 'shortest amount of cable = less treble lost in capacitance route''........ok, i lie, i went for the 'this part connects to this part, so lets DO IT!!!!!!!' route.

My mods were to replace the two components that differ between the ts9 and ts808 with a 4pdt switch meaning i can do it in one flick. I also added an extra diode for asymmetrical clipping and two differing values of caps for varying bass response.
Mod info can be found at beavis audio and tone pad in their screamer lab and build notes respectively.

heres my gut shot:

No non-polar electrolytics? Not boutique :D

;)

You kidding man?  Look at those resistor bridges. That has serious mojo right there - it attracts tone.
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

trad3mark

ok, so this isn't strictly a build photo. It's actually the mess as a result of my effort/work in progress for 666. But anyway, i was messing about with the macro setting on my camera. Pretty bad that i now have this as my wallpaper on my laptop. I've a tonne of these kinda photos now. i think they're class. :D

OOOOH!!! ABSTRACT!!!! It symbolises the anger and frustration that we all feel sometimes when making effects. ;)