SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattthegamer463

Proto pedal: (click for big)

studiostud

I know this isn't a pedal, but it's a DIY project that I just finished and I wanted to share...   ::)

It's a homemade lap steel made using a billiards cue stick case.   ;D

The idea is from an instructable tutorial found here:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-lap-steel-guitar-out-of-a-pol-cue-case/  I've always wanted one so I decided to build one.  I think some of the great creations have come about due to the combination of DIY skill and no money.  :icon_biggrin:
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Taylor

That's really neat.  :) I'm not much a blues guy but I think a lap steel would be a fun instrument - I should try to build one of those myself. I did always like "Sleep Walk" by Santo & Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxTQXAgY3Q&feature=related

jkokura

I've had a busy week! I think I finished 6 pedals since last Sunday... Anyway.

First up, it's my new Echobase! Taylor's PCB was a dream to work with. I like the clean guts on this one, and honestly - it's one of the best delays I may have ever heard. The only thing I wish I had managed to do was to figure out how to get an LED to indicate whether the Modulation was on or off.

And the Guts. *please note that the Pots are wired wrong in this pic! I fixed it, but didn't take a pic again. Please do not use this picture of the Echo Base as a reference without realizing that the pots should be reversed.

Next up is the Dirty Little Secret clone from madbean. Brian's PCB's are super awesome. The circuit itself is really a raw sound. I find it a little 'darker' or 'midsy' (I dislike trying to describe the sound of pedals sometimes)... No guts on this one cause I forgot to take a picture before screwing the base on.

And now for something completely different... the Dual Bypass Looper! I just got a Whammy Chrome, and I don't want to True Bypass Mod it, so I needed a True Bypass box. I had a spare 125B, and decided to use it, only I figured I could get two switches and loops into the box. I managed to get ALL the jacks onto one long side of a 125B. I can't get anything else on there, but I did it!

The ultimate in cramming...

And the Guts.

Finally, I also built a Honey Bee Clone, also from Madbean. I like it. It stacks well with my new King of Tone pedal. Not so much with some other things, but I like it's mellow, easy going drive thing. It's Pleasant, dark, and sweet. I kinda wish I had gone with Black graphics instead of white, but it works.

And the Guts.

Thanks,

Jacob

dune2k

Quote from: jkokura on July 11, 2010, 03:18:51 AM
And now for something completely different... the Dual Bypass Looper! I just got a Whammy Chrome, and I don't want to True Bypass Mod it, so I needed a True Bypass box. I had a spare 125B, and decided to use it, only I figured I could get two switches and loops into the box. I managed to get ALL the jacks onto one long side of a 125B. I can't get anything else on there, but I did it!

The ultimate in cramming...

Hi, what did you use for lettering on this pedal?

cheers,
dune2k

deadastronaut

looks like a stamp of some sort....going by the smudgey bits...cool semi military/industrial look though...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Cap

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on July 10, 2010, 11:12:48 PM
Proto pedal: (click for big)

Nice! I'm planning something similar..and I've the same wooden floor in my bedroom!! :o :o :o :D

jkokura

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 11, 2010, 06:25:04 AM
looks like a stamp of some sort....going by the smudgey bits...cool semi military/industrial look though...

Yep. Staz-on ink, and rubber stamps I bought at Michael's Craft store.

Jacob

phector2004

Quote from: jkokura on July 11, 2010, 03:18:51 AM
I've had a busy week! I think I finished 6 pedals since last Sunday... Anyway.

First up, it's my new Echobase! Taylor's PCB was a dream to work with. I like the clean guts on this one, and honestly - it's one of the best delays I may have ever heard. The only thing I wish I had managed to do was to figure out how to get an LED to indicate whether the Modulation was on or off.

And the Guts. *please note that the Pots are wired wrong in this pic! I fixed it, but didn't take a pic again. Please do not use this picture of the Echo Base as a reference without realizing that the pots should be reversed.

Simple, use a DPDT switch, LED from power to resistor to ground

very clean build, and I love how everyone is making star-wars themed echo bases... Wonder what to put on mine... AT-AT?

luko-man

Starwars echo bases are win ^_^  thats why slacker called it that, Coz everyone is a starwars geek :)
cant think of anything funny to put here

jkokura

Quote from: phector2004 on July 11, 2010, 12:05:35 PMSimple, use a DPDT switch, LED from power to resistor to ground

very clean build, and I love how everyone is making star-wars themed echo bases... Wonder what to put on mine... AT-AT?

Thanks. Now that you point it out, it seems like I should have easily been able to think of that... Now to order a DPDT...

Jacob

Slade

Quote from: studiostud on July 11, 2010, 01:01:33 AM
I know this isn't a pedal, but it's a DIY project that I just finished and I wanted to share...   ::)

The idea is from an instructable tutorial found here:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-lap-steel-guitar-out-of-a-pol-cue-case/  I've always wanted one so I decided to build one.  I think some of the great creations have come about due to the combination of DIY skill and no money.  :icon_biggrin:

Looks beautiful, Jeff, congrats.
Would you make a demo for us please?

Taylor

Quote from: jkokura on July 11, 2010, 02:37:51 PM
Quote from: phector2004 on July 11, 2010, 12:05:35 PMSimple, use a DPDT switch, LED from power to resistor to ground

Thanks. Now that you point it out, it seems like I should have easily been able to think of that... Now to order a DPDT...

Jacob

The LED flashes when modulation is on, but stays solid when modulation is off. Is that not working for you?

jkokura

Ah! I didn't notice that... I should check that out hey?!?

Jacob

studiostud

Quote from: Slade on July 11, 2010, 03:04:58 PM
Quote from: studiostud on July 11, 2010, 01:01:33 AM

Looks beautiful, Jeff, congrats.
Would you make a demo for us please?

Demos are coming.  I just finished it last night and I'm going to put it to a test at a gig tonight.  I have some free time this week so I plan to get some audio clips up.  I may even do a little youtube video if I get a chance.   :)
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

G. Hoffman

Quote from: Taylor on July 11, 2010, 01:45:43 AM
That's really neat.  :) I'm not much a blues guy but I think a lap steel would be a fun instrument - I should try to build one of those myself. I did always like "Sleep Walk" by Santo & Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxTQXAgY3Q&feature=related

Except, of course, Sleep Walk was done with a pedal steel.  At least, I think so.

I've always been partial to THISVERSION - and not just because my dad made one of the guitars!

Gabriel

Taylor

Quote from: G. Hoffman on July 12, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
Except, of course, Sleep Walk was done with a pedal steel.  At least, I think so.

I've always been partial to THISVERSION - and not just because my dad made one of the guitars!

At least in the video I posted above, it looks like the steel guitar does not have pedals to me. I guess it might technically be called a console steel. But I'm a bassist, so what do I know?

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

~arph

Slade

Dual Passive True Bypass Looper:

Regards,
Fernando.-