News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmwreck

Quote from: John Lyons on July 13, 2010, 10:57:06 AM
3 pedals for Mike over at Pedalenclosures.com.
His boxes/colors, my gut work.

Big Muff "Triangle" version
Sparkle Boost
Runoffgroove.com "Umble"[/size]

i really love your shots and the materials you used  :)

Magnus

Hello together,

QuoteI love it!
Thank you  :)
I think you will love it a bit more when its mounted in the tube...

@John:
Very nice pedals, I expecially like your Big Muff with its great parts!
Where do you get those big ceramics?

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

John Lyons

Where do you get those big ceramics?
Ebay, Mouser, surplus...
Thanks for the compliment.  ;)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jllogan1

not to be dumb but I am new to the forum and cant figure out how to imbed a picture. little help? I see the icon while i am in the post reply page but how do I include the picture?

deadastronaut

Quote from: jllogan1 on July 13, 2010, 11:16:40 AM
not to be dumb but I am new to the forum and cant figure out how to imbed a picture. little help? I see the icon while i am in the post reply page but how do I include the picture?

go to dropbox...sign up....put ya pic in dropbox folder... right click on pic ... copy link....then ..paste between the img 's...

hope this helps.....
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

John Lyons

What you need to do is upload your photo somehwere on the web (photobucket etc) and then copy the link.
Click on the photo icon when you create your post and then copy your link address in between the [img] tags.
That's it. You can hit preview to see if it works or not before you commit to posting.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Brymus

Yeah John that sparkle boost looks anodized  8) Amazing
Now thats what I call hot rod red.
I like the knobs on your BMP too.Nice choice.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

studiostud

beautiful work there, John.  Here's a question that I've been wondering about and those are the perfect example...  I've never painted the inside of my enclosures because I always thought that the layer of paint would potentially keep the jacks and pots from making a solid ground connection.  Especially if you paint post drilling.  In these pics, the paint on the inside is almost as thick as the paint on the outside! 

What's your take on that?

Jeff
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

mattthegamer463

John, how do you crank out these things so fast?

Underpaid workers in your basement, perhaps?  Or are you secretly a robot?

Slade

He makes his children work for him.

And yes... they're robots.

John Lyons

Basement yes, Underpaid, yes! But it's me only.

I've never painted the inside of my enclosures because I always thought that the layer
of paint would potentially keep the jacks and pots from making a solid ground connection. 

Good question. I don't personally paint the inside of my boxes but these were done by pedalenclosures.com.
I had to scrape the jack areas as well as the lid screw areas (as you can see in the pic). It's a pain in the ass.  :(

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

studiostud

Quote from: John Lyons on July 13, 2010, 05:55:44 PM
Basement yes, Underpaid, yes! But it's me only.

I've never painted the inside of my enclosures because I always thought that the layer
of paint would potentially keep the jacks and pots from making a solid ground connection. 

Good question. I don't personally paint the inside of my boxes but these were done by pedalenclosures.com.
I had to scrape the jack areas as well as the lid screw areas (as you can see in the pic). It's a pain in the ass.  :(

ah ha.  glad I'm not crazy then.  well... crazy in that sense...  :icon_lol:
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

davent

Great work as always John!!

Another question for you. What jacks are you using with Mike's cast enclosures? I tried using the usual Switchcrafts i had and the threaded bushing wasn't long enough to reach through so i ended up having to use the Neutrik/Cliff style plastic jacks.

Thanks
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

John Lyons

Dave
I used switchcraft jacks but I could not use my usual lock washer  :(
They fit fine with out the washer though. Thick boxes...
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

davent

Thanks John, I like to use those star lock washers too and therein lies my problem. Measured the sides and they check in at 0.170" vs. 0.067" for the Hammond I've got here. They are a beast of a box.

A nice Fein Oscillating tool or one of the cheaper copies should make quick work of removing the necessary paint on the inside of the box .http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2008/11/oscilating_tool_roundup.php

Take care
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

studiostud

Quote from: davent on July 14, 2010, 12:07:21 AM
A nice Fein Oscillating tool or one of the cheaper copies should make quick work of removing the necessary paint on the inside of the box .http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2008/11/oscilating_tool_roundup.php

Yeah.  That would work pretty good.  I have a dremel with a diamond ball grinder that seems to do the trick pretty well.

John Lyons

I have an original dremel 70's? That I have used once.
Grandfather hand me down years ago.
I ought to use it for such a task. Now to buy some bits.

By the way dave (or anyone). Know of a bit/attachment
to scrape/file flat surfaces? For instance the uneven cast
pour holes in the bottom of an enclosure?
I use a wood forstner bit in the drill press that works but
is a bit clumsy and not the right tool for the job.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

ShortScaleMike

Some recent ones.

Cap

Well done ShortScaleMike! can you tell me the size of "the red box"?Is it hammond or eddystone? ;)