News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beros

Another mojo-machine. A little booster to put in front of my Super Lead. Got sick of always stepping on knobs, so for this build i glued a trimpot to the side of the pedal, and drilled a hole, so I can adjust it with a screw driver without having to open it. Will post more pics later.

It sounds awesome. I wanted it to be somewhat middy and screamy. And it sure is. Here's a sound clip with my SG and 18W, first without boost, then with boost:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23513946/mer_os.mp3

Somewhat messy etch, but it's gonna get stepped on any way. "Mer Ös" is swedish for "More throttle" or "More go".

Man ska inte ligga med lik

Galego

Quote from: Beros on July 25, 2010, 08:28:08 AM

It's too bad you have such big feet  :D because it looks too empty. If you weren't going to put a knob on it, at least you could have decorated it a bit more, look at all that empty space.

igerup

Oooo, that is a nice sounding boost.  :icon_cool: The name is absolutely perfect.  Mer ös, ha ha ha ha, jättebra.:icon_biggrin:

Beros

Quote from: Galego on July 25, 2010, 04:44:00 PM

It's too bad you have such big feet  :D because it looks too empty. If you weren't going to put a knob on it, at least you could have decorated it a bit more, look at all that empty space.

Don't think the people in the audience will hear any difference though. ;)

Anyhow, it's pretty straight forward, and that was what i was going for.

Ja fan Igerup, inget tjafs, bara mer ös. ;D
Man ska inte ligga med lik

Bad Chizzle

Hey, I think it's awesome, Beros!

If it does what it's supposed to do, and level control is set the way you need it, then Bam! It's a hit!

Chuk
I dig hot Asian chicks!

Bad Chizzle

Oh yeah, and the insides are Piiiimmmmp!

I can feel the MOJO!
I dig hot Asian chicks!

Galego

Quote from: Beros on July 25, 2010, 07:10:20 PM
Don't think the people in the audience will hear any difference though. ;)

Anyhow, it's pretty straight forward, and that was what i was going for.

Ja fan Igerup, inget tjafs, bara mer ös. ;D

It sounds great.

Zero

I finally found the courage to post my newest creation  ;)

It's a Guitar Fetish MOD board delay...   I designed it to become a belt clip device, so I can twist the knobs while playing. I converted one trim pot (mix) to an external pot and modified the feedback control so I could drive it "gently" into self-oscillation. There was some trial and error involved with the resistor value 'til the oscillation was "controllable".

Enclosure and knobs are salvaged parts. If I remember correctly, the knobs were from a rather old Tektronix oscilloscope and used as thumb screws for the modules.

Taylor

I approve greatly! Would like to see a gut shot.

ghostsauce

Wow, looks sweet Zero!  Great idea to have it attached to your belt.. makes me want to do something like that too

demym

Just wanted to share my first successful graphic label on a stomp:

Ok, the box has supplementar holes due to errors... next times i know it could get better.

Credits to Antonio Pelaez for his Leegazzy schematic.

Have a nice time

AS74

Home made enclosures, now on my board after several circuit changes..
This one is now Big Muff, first was Torchy layout, then changed to my own layout.

This one is now DOD250, own layout.

Still a Fuzz Face, but from silicon to Ge.. Salvaged Transistors..

This one is now Dynacomp, own layout.

Temporarily decorated with sharpy and paint pen.

kupfer_m

Quote from: Zero on July 26, 2010, 03:38:41 AM
I finally found the courage to post my newest creation  ;)

It's a Guitar Fetish MOD board delay...   I designed it to become a belt clip device, so I can twist the knobs while playing. I converted one trim pot (mix) to an external pot and modified the feedback control so I could drive it "gently" into self-oscillation. There was some trial and error involved with the resistor value 'til the oscillation was "controllable".

Enclosure and knobs are salvaged parts. If I remember correctly, the knobs were from a rather old Tektronix oscilloscope and used as thumb screws for the modules.

That's a cute box! Nice photo too.

ghostsauce

*WHEW*  Finally got around to rewiring my dr boogie. I've only built 2 pedals now (this and a muff), but after seeing the muff turn out ridiculously cleaner than the boog I had to go back and fix it. So after staring at its guts every time I walk by my work table for a solid month I grabbed my iron and beat it into submission. Tore all the wires out, and did it properly. I cut about 1.5ft of wire out of it. No, I am not kidding. Just sad.. anyways now there are no frayed wires, I replaced the 2 oversized caps with 2 that actually fit in the box, flipped the board over the right way so I can adjust the trimmers without yanking it all to pieces, and fired it up and it made a significant difference to the tone. Looking forward to rocking the crap out of this thing for years to come!

<BEFORE>

<AFTER>

Fender3D

lol :)
"before" you had greater fingers and effect...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

luko-man

Quote from: AS74 on July 26, 2010, 12:13:40 PM
Home made enclosures, now on my board after several circuit changes..
This one is now Big Muff, first was Torchy layout, then changed to my own layout.

im really interested in this, how did you make them, could you post a guide or something of the sort??
cant think of anything funny to put here

Magnus

Hello together,
just finished my Dallas Rangemaster-Prototype a few minutes ago,
now I can not just measure my transistors - I can test them very quickly with this one:

And its a good choice to show it if someony asks about my hobbies  8)

I will show it finished later, I have to add an on/off-switch...

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

ghostsauce

Quote from: Fender3D on July 26, 2010, 02:05:19 PM
lol :)
"before" you had greater fingers and effect...

Hahaha
Yeah it was taking up too much space so I hired that guy from honey i shrunk the kids.

jimmybjj

Not nearly as good as most here but I'm proud of it and i wanted to do my part in getting this thread bump up to page 666 ;D The guts are ugly so you don't get to see those yet :icon_redface: My second go at the 2part epoxy finish. The LED is a multi color that flashes at two different paces. No its not a DOD phasor (how dod spells phasor) its a Phase 90. I just liked phasor better than phaser  ;D

Brymus

Thats a nice Phasor.
I have a feeling the pics dont do the finish justice,in the bottom pic the finish looks rather deep and lustrious.

I like the little GFMOD box a couple posts up too.
Nice clean looking effect.
Those MOD PCBs are pretty neat,I wonder how many people make good use of them in their guitars.
IIRC they recomend only two different circuits per ax.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience