News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hart

Here's mine. I call it "The Bat Boost" and it's a full-range boost with "high" and "low" tone controls that gives me a Black Sabbath kind of tone. I have NOTHING on the pedals designed so far, but maybe I get points for creativity? I hand painted the graphics (and designed it myself) in glow-in-the-dark paint, the eyes light up, I used recycled "mojo" parts from random broken stuff (back from the dead!!), and the Q1 transistor is part number 666!! I kid you not! I tried to get a picture of it, but it just comes out all blurry (including taking a clear picture not zoomed in and trying to zoom in after the fact with Photoshop). And this IS my first pedal that I've actually designed and painted the enclosure for myself, and I think that comes into play in the voting??? Thanks, this was fun!
-Joe Hart

igerup

Nice. I notice the board+battery are very comfortable.  :icon_smile:

If you have access to a scanner/or know someone that has, you can put the components there (label side to the glass) for some truly close-up pictures.

Joe Hart

Quote from: igerup on August 04, 2010, 11:25:57 AM
Nice. I notice the board+battery are very comfortable.  :icon_smile:

Yes! I like my tone to be warm and fuzzy.

Actually, I just find it easier to prevent shorts and to keep stuff from rattling around.
-Joe Hart

ppatchmods

...that was it? i've been waiting for this show for weeks now. oh well, this is still the best thread on the internet for one of a kind creations!
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

MarcoMike

the bat graphic is beautiful in its simplicity! i love it!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Joe Hart

Quote from: igerup on August 04, 2010, 11:25:57 AM
If you have access to a scanner/or know someone that has, you can put the components there (label side to the glass) for some truly close-up pictures.

I just tried scanning it (with the top of the scanner up, with a piece of foam holding it down (and keeping light out), pressing it down by hand...) and nothing works. Maybe because it's silver print on glossy black? At any rate, it's a PNP transistor with gain of 197 and the pinout is ECB left to right with the "flat face" facing me and the leads pointing down. The printing on it is:

Top line:  (a triangle shaped logo -- reminds me of the Alcoa logo)
Middle line:  "A666"
Bottom line:  (a circle with a vertical line through it), (a "Q" or a "g" little logo thing), then "2F"

No idea what it is, but I wanted to build the circuit around it for the 666 Competition. Perhaps other transistors would sound fine (or even better!), but it sounds great as-is and the part number is "666"!!!

Joe Hart

Quote from: MarcoMike on August 04, 2010, 12:02:53 PM
the bat graphic is beautiful in its simplicity! i love it!

Thank you! I learned long ago that most everything is better simple. And I basically used a stencil and sponge painting (to get the "moon crater" effect) and anything complex would be too difficult!!! But thank you, again!
-Joe Hart

biozazard

Hi everybody,
here is my (rather crappy...) entry for the 666 competition,
excuse the blurry cellphone pictures:

and guts:

it's named "epileptic surgeon", it's basicaly an hysteresis oscilator with a depth control and a switch between fast-trem to "frequency generator"
graphics are from j.Vasquez Comic  "Jhonny the homicidial maniac". here is the original drawings because it's not very clear on pictures:

don't know if i can post it here as it's not mine (if not i'll remove it)
Thanks,
Biozazard

trad3mark

And so the time has come to fight against the great evil. To absolve sinners. To create a new path.

It is time to bring Redemption.

A hybrid overdrive running on a single 12AX7, and three J201's. It has 5 controls, from right to left, Texture - Input Caps; Tone - Filter based on the BMP filter; Gain - From crunchy boost to redeeming fury; Volume - Quiet to oh no my face has just been ripped off; Density - Output Caps. This thing is now replacing any overdrive i have had in my setup. The crunchy is vintage, the fury is powerful, and the tone, set just right, is the perfect blend of treble and bass. Wired up on Gold Plated vero, with a compact and organised board. This build was a tough one to endure, but it was worth every second.

That's me done.

Joe Hart

Less than 3 hours left (I think) and there are 7 entries.  All right!!  I'll make the top 10!!
-Joe Hart

trad3mark

hahaha! same as me.

To be honest, i'm just glad to have entered. This competition really pushed me to improve everything about my builds, from circuit design to positioning everything inside. I've really enjoyed it, and i can only hope there'll be more. :)

arma61

hi m8s

just to be part of the contest!

Burning Crunch with Sound to Light (2 386s in total inside)

:D :D :D :D :D :D please note being the skull in profile I've use 3mm and 5 mm LEDs, clever isn't it ?!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(my camera focus is gone as you can see!)

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

tuckster

Quote from: arma61 on August 04, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
hi m8s

just to be part of the contest!

Burning Crunch with Sound to Light (2 386s in total inside)

:D :D :D :D :D :D please note being the skull in profile I've use 3mm and 5 mm LEDs, clever isn't it ?!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(my camera focus is gone as you can see!)

You have to post it to the 666 thread to take part :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER

tubelectron

Hi Joe Hart  - nice Bat Boost - very tasty and class decorum... +++

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

paulyy

Sorry. Try to post a pic but for some reason Flicker changed there web site. Now I have to figure out how to use it again. :icon_mad:

Joe Hart

Quote from: tubelectron on August 04, 2010, 03:42:00 PM
Hi Joe Hart  - nice Bat Boost - very tasty and class decorum... +++

A+!

Thank you! The best part about it is that it pretty much NAILS Tony Iommi's "Sweet Leaf" tone. Of course, I'm playing an alder Strat copy with a maple neck and fretboard into a tiny solid state amp of my own design (more or less), so it's not quite exact, but it has the bassy tone, the underlying fuzziness, and the "ratty" torn speaker quality. I'm actually really digging it. I will post some clips on the thread that I started about the pedal. But, again, thank you!
-Joe Hart

arma61

Quote from: tuckster on August 04, 2010, 03:39:21 PM

You have to post it to the 666 thread to take part :icon_mrgreen:

thx for remind m8, I completely forgot about it   :icon_mrgreen:
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

I like Grunge

Hi!
I like to show you some of my pedals (some aren't as good as they could be, nevertheless I'd like to show them ;D
So here they are:
Tremolo: the Stutterer
For one year it worked bad and then i tried to repair it, and now...it's dead  :icon_frown: But i think that's OK for the first built

My second built:
Mr Switch, the AB box.

Next: The Tonebender. I choosed Bender from Futurama because his personality is like mine :) And the language is German with a mistake

[sorry if the pics are to big :(]

My latest completed built is a modified ZW44. Very cool!!! If you want to have the schematic send me a private message.

And in the moment I'm working on an Big Muff Ram's head after the Layout from Frequency Central. [Rick Hold:  Thx for this Layout!!!]
It'll look like that:

TamuT

My entry for the 666 comp -> B.S.I.A.B. II clone (found all the parts and built it today) :icon_twisted:

Top:

Bottom:

with 666 greek number notation

Guts:

And one more...

LucifersTrip

here's my Skull Ripper pic for the 666

http://www.demonsdisks.com/pics/skullripper.jpg
always think outside the box