Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

No gutshot, no glory  :icon_evil:

;D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

valdiorn

Quote from: Perrow on August 13, 2010, 02:52:28 PM
No gutshot, no glory  :icon_evil:

;D

I know, I'm totally lazy :D

Also, I decided to add the OD possibility after I was half way through building so the board became a mess and it took me almost a week to debug. I just put the screws in to close it and I'm NOT opening it up ever again, I've had enough! :icon_mrgreen:

Skruffyhound

You are designing "Rodent" to run in Ableton. Interesting

Brymus

Quote from: valdiorn on August 13, 2010, 02:47:19 PM
Proco Rat that I modded the f*ck out of:

It has switches for Silicon, LED and asymmetric clipping (1 Led / 1 Si), Ruetz Mod and OD/Distortion (in OD mode the diodes are connected over the op-amp, like a Tubescreamer)

Also simplified the input stage, no buffer (Similar to schematic on Tonepad.com), lowered the input cap to 1n as I found it too muddy and bassy (maybe that's just part of the Rat sound, but I like it better this way)

For anyone interested, check this post on my webpage, has a link to schematic and vero layout (altough not very great you can at least see how the mods work)

Edit: I forgot, I built the pedal to use as a reference for this project
Basically, I'm doing a digital simulation of the Rat and it's going pretty well.
Nice looking pedal.
I was really impressed with your Rodent sound.
I liked the sound of it better than your pedal,even though the second clip was to close to call in a blind test.
I downloaded the file,and also your tonestack VST.
Based on your Rodent build , I am really looking forward to hearing your Lambda LG100  :icon_mrgreen:
How long till thats done ?
Also ,does the Rodent work stand alone ? and will it support My Tascam USB interface ?
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

stringsthings

Quote from: paulyy on August 12, 2010, 08:29:23 PM

that looks sweet! ... and a most excellent gut-shot ....

IMHO, i would make the knobs a darker colour to draw more attention to the silver swirl .... ( maybe to match the purple background ? ) ... but that's an incredibly minor criticism .... really, really nice looking pedal  :icon_cool:

dthurstan

After look at Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here !! I think I should post these pics there, the quailty of ppls pedals is amazing. Anyway here are some pedals I've made resently;

Easyvibe (cheers to the ppl who helped me with this 1.

Rangemaster

Fuzzface SI

Fuzzface Ge

I like the how the easyvibe turned out very psychedelic  :icon_biggrin:
The paint jobs on the others are a bit rough and ready I should have awaited longer for the paint to dry. Im hoping the next batch are better  ;)

Wild E

I love those swirls!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4886841848_92ea3c891e_b_d.jpg

Kinda like the windows screensaver but more fluid. I think that would look fantastic with the transparent paint idea. What tool/tip did you use to do that?

Wild E

I guess I don't know what I'm doing here. I didn't want to quote the whole lot of pics. it's paulyy's flanger before paint.

OwenF

Hi all
My first post having spent some time looking around. These are my first three builds which I started back in 2005 (!!). Time at uni halted their progress, just got around to finishing them all. Have definitely caught the bug as I have a list of my next projects ready!
Here they are: (sorry for the long post)

PT2399 Delay using the PT-80 design from GGG. Very happy with this one and was the first one finished. Following the decoration I decided to steer clear of painting/printing anything black. White or clear seems to be easier!

As I have given these pedals new names I thought that in the spirit of DIY courtesy I would give credit where it is due:

T.M.K (too many knobs) from Tim Escobedo. Made this hoping for a Matt Belamy sound, but too many knobs just confuses me and I dont get what I want from it. My best enclosure so far though, and generally pleased with it - can get some crazy oscillation!

A Phase 100 (MXR style) from GGG. The bane of my life! Thought it wasn't working, audio probed etc, gave up, came back 2 years later and seemed ok. Decided to add some mods suggested by Mark Hammer. This one includes a phase/vibrato switch, and a deep/shallow switch and feedback pot instead of the rotary switch. I'm beginning to wish I'd left it as standard because after all the effort making the extra little board and getting it to work I feel the results of the feedback pot are rubbish. Maybe i'm just no good at hearing it. I also added a little emitter follower board tapped into the LFO for a status LED that flashes along with the LFO....albeit only as a square wave.

Things that need to be changed when I gather the energy to touch this one again:
- wired input/output round the wrong way...doh!
- 470k linear thats in there really needs to be ~500k rev log for speed control
- wired deep/shallow switch round the wrong way....doh again!

I won't even begin to describe the nightmare I had with paint, decals, clear etc. This was the result of my first paint and decal job using OHP transparencies. The clearcoat made the paint melt underneath the OHP. Not too pleased how this turned out.
It is a 18v and 9v power supply that is waiting for DC jacks in order to be finished.

Thanks for looking  :)

davent

Here you go, does look very cool naked!

Quote from: Wild E on August 15, 2010, 11:33:54 AM
I guess I don't know what I'm doing here. I didn't want to quote the whole lot of pics. it's paulyy's flanger before paint.

Quote from: Wild E on August 15, 2010, 11:26:17 AM
I love those swirls!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4886841848_92ea3c891e_b_d.jpg

Kinda like the windows screensaver but more fluid. I think that would look fantastic with the transparent paint idea. What tool/tip did you use to do that?

Quote from: paulyy on August 12, 2010, 08:29:23 PM

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Slade

Hey, OwenF, nice stuff! Do you have some samples of that Phase 100? Would like to hear that one...

Here's just a loop switcher and booster.... Da Loopster! :icon_mrgreen:

Regards,
Fernando.-

jkokura

That Fleur looks awesome! I just don't see how it fits with the rest of the design... How did you get the Octagon with the Fleur De Lis in the middle? What's the connection?

Jacob

phector2004

Tabarnak! That's one hell of an etch

Maybe He secretly wishes he were from Quebec!

Galego

Quote from: jkokura on August 15, 2010, 03:50:03 PM
That Fleur looks awesome! I just don't see how it fits with the rest of the design... How did you get the Octagon with the Fleur De Lis in the middle? What's the connection?

Jacob

Decagon.

Slade

Yeah, it's a decagon.
Well I don't really like the fleur de lis for a stompbox design, but I was asked to do one, so I tried to combine it's elegance with some more modern art and kind of an "electronic" font. Finally the flower is protagonist and it can be seen appart from the design or as a sum with the decagons "blooming" around it. I think it fits pretty well and causes a great impression at first sigh. So, did you like it?

paulyy

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
@ Wild E = I used a sanding disk  with a dremal tool to get that effect then clear over it.

quarara

Quote from: Slade on August 15, 2010, 03:43:01 PM
Hey, OwenF, nice stuff! Do you have some samples of that Phase 100? Would like to hear that one...

Here's just a loop switcher and booster.... Da Loopster! :icon_mrgreen:

Regards,
Fernando.-

:P

Renegadrian

Two things always come to my mind when I see a fleur de lys

Fiorentina Football Club and Stratovarius!

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Galego

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 16, 2010, 03:35:01 PM
Two things always come to my mind when I see a fleur de lys

Fiorentina Football Club and Stratovarius!

I think of Milady De Winter in the Three Musketeers.