News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Angus

@ John Lyons : What battery snap is that? The wire gauge looks extra thick!
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

Laika

Finished off a tonepad lpb tonight.

Govmnt_Lacky

@Laika

I really like your simple, but elegant label on that boost. What did you use as a label?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Laika

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 02, 2012, 11:29:57 AM
@Laika

I really like your simple, but elegant label on that boost. What did you use as a label?

Just something I knocked up in photoshop and got printed on gloss sticker paper at my local printer chain store.

garcho

@ Laika

Bravo. I love the designs that look like useful electronic devices, as opposed to toys, ya know what I mean? It looks really pro (in a good way).
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

midwayfair

Another Madbean mini build, the Cave Dweller. If you recognize the artwork you get a cookie*. I watched it over and over and over and over when I was little. :)

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

iq01221

Hi! Finally...

Pcb and guts:

It's a cpm's delay with some mods.

rousejeremy

Quote from: midwayfair on May 04, 2012, 12:00:27 PM
Another Madbean mini build, the Cave Dweller. If you recognize the artwork you get a cookie*. I watched it over and over and over and over when I was little. :)

Artex!!!!!
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

midwayfair

Quote from: rousejeremy on May 04, 2012, 12:27:10 PMArtex!!!!!

Poor horsey. :(

Maybe I'll put Artax on the Klone I'm building .... except I'm not particularly keen on keeping that one.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Pollinator95

Quote from: midwayfair on May 04, 2012, 12:00:27 PM

Neverending Story? Or whatever it's called in English  :D

Edit: rousejeremy beat me to it.
WARNING: I AM A NOOB

tasos

Quote from: iq01221 on May 04, 2012, 12:24:55 PM
Hi! Finally...

Pcb and guts:

It's a cpm's delay with some mods.

Did you made the pcb yourself?It looks huge! ;)
What program?

hardstatic

Got around to finishing my FTM, and a Supersonic Fuzz Gun clone I want to run over with my car.

LaceSensor

Built this up on a GGG PCB
Sounds really cool in the fuzz modes! Added a switch to bring C7 (4.7nF across E>B of Q3) which tames some harshness and mellows the highs, so essentially 4 different fuzz tones, and a treble booster.
The treble booster is quite harsh and barely starts at unity - so its really a boost.

I can see how this would benefit from some modern changes - ie change the esoteric treble boost to something more usable. But I wanted to build it to the vintage specs.

I added some of my own modern mojo - Bicolour LEDs for the modes, 9v DC power (original was battery only) and making it fit in a 1590BB.

This is going to go to a famous player for him to compare to his original unit for me and maybe make it onto his pedalboard - very excited!

Well worth looking into if you like your interesting fuzz tones.

Bicolor LEDs!

mwynwood

Quote from: Laika on April 06, 2012, 12:02:26 PM
A couple I recently finished off ... A Tube Screamer with lots of mods (birthday gift for my Bro :) )

That is the most beautiful amazing thing I have seen! The Woolies battery just tops it off  :icon_lol:
Do you have a schematic, plans, sketches or anything so that others might try and re-create your genius???
Marcus Wynwood
My Build Blog
MarcusGuitar.com

skullservant

Finally got all the parts together for Madbean's Cavedweller. Swapped out the standard 50kB 'Time' pot for a 100kB, thus doubling the delay time. I love this delay. It can go from subtle reverb to full on frozen clouds. I plan on ordering another pedals worth of parts to make another. Seriously one of my favorite digital delays that I've tried. It acts really, really analog which is awesome.

The screwed on plate is where I drilled a hole for an expression pedal input. And then I decided I liked it how it was.

bluebunny

My PEZ45 phaser, from Tonepad.  Very recently debugged with the help of deadastronaut, Govmnt_Lacky and R.G.  Thanks again guys.  (It was a dead pot...)

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

head_spaz

Kato... nice build.
Where did you find those amazing knobs?

Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

kato

Quote from: hardstatic on May 05, 2012, 03:30:05 PM

Todd, your Fuzz Gun etch is hella cool. Better looking graphics than the retail product. Would love to see it, and your box of awesome, as the diy community version in the "Graphics!" thread if you're so inclined. If not, just accept my compliments on your unique take on those pedals.
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

artifus

cool stuff be going down around here...