A link for Morley schematics...

Started by Dragonfly, November 08, 2005, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

...i thought you guys might find something interesting amongst these schematics :D

http://www.morleypedals.com/downloads.html

enjoy !

andy

nelson

I like the look of that Echo plus pedal.

:)
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMart on November 08, 2005, 07:45:43 PM
Nice, thanks Andy  :D

Marty.

its funny...till today i'd never seen that page...some interesting designs there....

Dragonfly

Quote from: nelson on November 08, 2005, 07:42:24 PM
I like the look of that Echo plus pedal.

:)

i thought it was kinda nice too....

lenwood

Thanks Andy! :icon_cool:
It's nice a company does that. I support them, I like their classic wah.

Lennie
Lennie

TheBigMan

It's a shame more companies don't do this, especially with their discontinued products that they don't support any more.  Morley and Nobels are the only two I can think of.

Thanks for the link Andy.  :)

col

My Morley Power wah has all the extra holes and component info on the top of the board for several circuits.  I haven't taken it out to see if the solder pads and traces are there. If so it might be very easy to mod but I wouldn't want to start messing with mine as it already sounds great.
Col

Dragonfly

stephenMF

I own a morley pro series wah...  made in 1998.  It's only function is Wah.  So one day, it fried.  It turns out that only one side of the opamp (TL072, I think) was bad.  So I got the schematic on their site and it turns out that if you bypass that side of the opamp, then you get added functionality:  volume control.  So now I have a Wah/Volume pedal.  Of course, I had to add a few components, like another photo-resistor + led.  Their PCB layout is really awesome too!  They used the same board layout for the Wah, The Distortion/Wah and the Volume/Wah pedals.  So I can see where all the missing comonents (and their names, like C1, C2, TL072 etc) would be, complete with solder pads and mounting holes.

So, used morley pedals are worth buying, even if they are broken... they are easy to fix.