DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgardenlove

I may have suggested this a while back...but how about a box layout thing to print of a drilling template?

bancika

yes, and I plan to do it, but that's rathere completely new application than just mod to existing one. Unfortunately, I don't have time these days. Most time I spend on faculty lessons. But I plan to do is ASAP
Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

modsquad

Somewhere in the program there is a file path that is hard coded to reference it on C:, I install all my applications on the D:.  Wouldn't work the first time, I then reinstalled to default C: and works fine.  You might want to change it.

Stan
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

bancika

I doubth that it's the cause of problem because I have it installed on D. What do you mean by "wouldn't work", any message error?

choklitlove

my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

modsquad

It said it couldn't find or get access to a file.  Once I reinstalled it it worked fine.
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

hank reynolds 3rd

Hi,
many thanks for the great software Bancika? ?
One query...Is it typical for the software to run a little sluggish on more complex designs ??
I haven't used it for a while,and the new update (with the addition of pots etc) has allowed me to finish off a couple of thins,but some files are having a tendency to freeze up,on loading,
many thanks Again

Sam

bancika

yeah, it's kinda slow. Especialy in latest versions. Don't have time to optimize now, but I hope it will be better. If program freezes just give it some time

choklitlove

is there a chance that the traces turning red when selected will come back?  that was really handy, and the newest doesn't seem to do it.  should it be?
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

bancika

hank reynolds 3rd

thanks bancika....this softwares pretty cool though,beats a pencil and paper for neatness anyways :P:P

Papa_lazerous

Just installed it from your website but got problems running it.

Once installed I doulbe click to open...

2 error boxes appear one over the top of the other...

top one says 'No active document'

bottom one says 'Failed to set data for " '

if I click ok on each box the program appears but with a box that says 'No active document'  I click ok but it re-appears and it just keeps coming back.

Is this just me?  I really want to use this program too so this is kinda not good

bancika

that shouldn't happen  :icon_rolleyes:
where did you install it (that shouldn't make difference, but just in case)
try clicking on program file directly, not the shortcut (shouldn't make difference either)
I don't have a clue

Papa_lazerous

I installed it to a folder on the root of C:  Couldnt let it instal in the defualt directory as its a work PC and the IT take backups of certain folders so I put it somewhere different.  Cant see that affecting it.  I have gone direct instead of using the shorcut.  I dont know if something hasn't got installed correctly because I havent got admin rights on this pc possibly?  Dont know if it has failed to input anything into the registry or something due to that.  I will try it at home but I dont finish work for 6 hours would have been nice to play with it

bancika

hmmm, it probably is related with admin rights. But it doesn't write anything to registry or any other folder except for installation folder. I think that something's messing with with it while trying to execute

Papa_lazerous

I thought that but at the same time I woul have thought it should have worked.  Just to rule out anything silly with the install.

Inside the Folder 'DIY LAyout Creator'  there are 4 Files

File.ico                       3KB
unins000.exe           626KB
unins000.dat               5KB
DIYLayout.exe          599KB

Plus a folder 'Tutorials'

This just contains a HTML file and some GIFS.

Is there anything apparently missing?  If not I will put it down to IT locking something down

bancika

Papa_lazerous

Put it on my PC at home this morning and it ran like a charm  :icon_biggrin:

Just got to get a feel for it now lol

I am thinking that the PC at work is just locked down quite tight at the moment.  Some idiot went on loads of sites downloading this and that even though I warned him not to.  Next thing we know machine is full of god knows what.  Now you can hardly do anything on here  :(

Nice piece of software though.  It'll save me using a pencil and rubbing out mistakes all the time

hank reynolds 3rd

I agree with how easy it is to use....plus its easy to change errors etc,and can make the PCB miles smaller than with a permenant marker pen

alfafalfa

Hi Bancika,

Worked with it for the first time to make a pcb. It's a terrific tool you built, this make designing so much easier !!

Thanks for sharing this with us.
I have one suggestion , don't know if it's actually in there but I would like the possibility to adjust solderpads and traces in width. I would like especially bigger solderpads to solder connectors or potmeters
the larger copper area would give a more reliable connection. If you unsolder parts the trace often comes off if are not very careful.

Best wishes, Alf