What's a fair price for a SAD1024?

Started by BMF Effects, November 21, 2006, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMF Effects

In light of the pending Moosapotamus ADA flanger, what's market value on the SAD1024 IC? Thanks.

stephanovitch

Hi, you can find the SAD 1024 on this page : http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=ICs+Delays+and+Echo&searchpath=198443&start=17&total=25
I have ever bought many electronic parts on this site, no problem. ;)

Ronsonic

Quote from: stephanovitch on November 21, 2006, 12:23:30 PM
Hi, you can find the SAD 1024 on this page : http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=ICs+Delays+and+Echo&searchpath=198443&start=17&total=25

Small bear advertises them. I emailed to confirm stock on hand - answer was yes. Ordered. Waited about a month and a half. He did finally come through and at the lowest price around. Do check if he really, really has them in stock. If I'd known to expect a delay it wouldn't have been a big deal. Instead I had a customer with dead equipment wondering why I'm not fixing his stuff after all that time.

Ron

http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

BMF Effects

Didn't even occur to me to check Small Bear!

R.G.

To the best of my knowledge, Small Bear Electronics has the largest supply of SAD1024s in the world. And with only a few isolated exceptions he has the ONLY real NOS SAD1024s in the world. It's always possible that there are some I don't know about, but I've looked for them for a long time.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

smallbearelec

The delay in filling Ronsonic's order occurred when I was waiting for new stock. We ship promptly now, but orders are limited to individual DIY builds and repairs...no wholesales, no "limited production runs."

SD

StephenGiles

Quote from: Ronsonic on November 21, 2006, 12:33:40 PM
Quote from: stephanovitch on November 21, 2006, 12:23:30 PM

Small bear advertises them. I emailed to confirm stock on hand - answer was yes. Ordered. Waited about a month and a half. He did finally come through and at the lowest price around. Do check if he really, really has them in stock. If I'd known to expect a delay it wouldn't have been a big deal. Instead I had a customer with dead equipment wondering why I'm not fixing his stuff after all that time.

Ron

I would have thought you should have advised your customer of a delay on SAD 1024 anyway!!!!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

R.G.

That one is not Steve's fault. The 1024's came from me, and I wound up not being able to ship for a while.

Sorry Ron - I didn't know about your case.

But Steve now has them all. When those are gone, it's going to truly be picking ones and twos out of dusty bins all over the world.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: smallbearelec on November 22, 2006, 12:00:43 AM
no wholesales, no "limited production runs."

Which is exactly the DIY oriented attitude I appreciate so much from Steve. A big Thanks! :icon_biggrin:
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Ronsonic

Quote from: StephenGiles on November 22, 2006, 02:49:14 AM

I would have thought you should have advised your customer of a delay on SAD 1024 anyway!!!!!

I warned him of the possibility when he called and said he had an MXR Omni with a Flanger that didn't work. Confirmed it for him when I got it on the bench and verified that everything else in the circuit was functional.  Then I called him back to say "hooray" when I got an email back saying they were in stock. That's when things went downhill.

Anyway, good news, Steve's got stock ready to ship.

Ron

http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

Mark Hammer

Quote from: R.G. on November 22, 2006, 08:42:40 AM
But Steve now has them all. When those are gone, it's going to truly be picking ones and twos out of dusty bins all over the world.
So now I'm wondering.  Will we start butchering all those first generation analog delays that would use 3 or 4 of these things before the 4096-stage devices came along?  It's starting to feel like one of those on-a-liferaft-for-20-days sketches where everyone starts eyeing everyone else for how much meat would be on the bones! :icon_lol:

StephenGiles

Remember that you need only one flanger at a time, or at most two - or we'll set the SAD 1024 taliban on you!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

StephenGiles

It would almost be half decent of folks not to panic buy so there are enough to go round.