News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

peterg has a strat that sounds like a tele (very good looking build, by the way), I have a tele that sounds like a Les Paul :P It's not quite finished (waiting on the pickguard) but it's close :) Thinline tele build with an unknown body from Reverb and a "trickedoutguitar" maple neck (LOVE their necks!). Pickups are a Gibson 498T in the bridge (don't judge me) and a Mexican Fender tele pickup in the neck. Features a coil tap on the bridge and a killswitch, because why not? ;D I'll post more pictures when I get the pickguard in and have it officially put together 8)

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bancika

My newly refinished Squier Strat. Over the last 15 years I've owned it we changed a lot - kinman and dimarzio pickups, grover tuners, jumbo frets, 12" fret radius, scalloped fingarboard and now refinished in sonic blue (used to be ugly metallic purple).

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bloxstompboxes

Excellent paint job there Brani. Like it a lot!

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

bancika

thanks. I can't take credit for the paint job, I just took the disassembled body to a local car paint shop, gave them the original Cadillac Sonic Blue paint code and they did the rest. I just aged the covers and knobs, goes better with blue than plain white.

allesz

Beautiful color for the strat.
A shredder in disguise.

bancika

Indeed. It used to be a not-so-good guitar with crappy pickups, useless tremolo, slightly twisted neck. Now it's very comfortable to play and sounds great.

Cheers

HeavyFog

Got bored a while back and decided to take an old strat copy i had and Frankenstein it into something strange. Shaved down the cutaways and did some routing, painted it seafoam green, wired up a few switches and pots and added 2 fender custom shop 65 jaguar pickups and it sounds great. Only wish i knew what i was doing when i did it since the wiring was poor (right before i learned to solder properly) and the paint didn't come out very well. Might revisit it and redo the horrendous wiring and add better tuners, then maybe i might have something great ill actually use.

Perrow

Fog, the picture makes it look like a miniature guitar   :o
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

HeavyFog

Ya its quite the small guitar. almost like a miniature jaguar. Light and surprisingly comfortable to play!

davent

I like the reshape. All looks good in the picture!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

vigilante397

I was thinking about getting rid of this guy for a bit, but my better judgement won out and I remembered it's my favorite strat I've ever played. Warmoth solid swamp ash body (superheavy!) with an AllParts 1-piece maple neck (also somewhat heavy) and a Fender high-mass bridge (also heavy). Loaded up with GFS Li'l Killer rail humbuckers, and the result is a Strat very much resembling the feel and sound of a Les Paul :P Though I did coil tap each pickup separately, so I can run all humbuckers, all single coils, or any combination of the two. Behind my Les Paul this is my 2nd favorite guitar right now ;D

Seriously, this neck is like playing melted butter.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

looks great...

ive installed 2 of those humbuckers on my crapocaster...sounds nice. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Treated myself to this just before Crimbo:  (not my photos)

Still trying to work out a tuning that suits me.  The body is engraved bronze-coated brass, btw.  Weighs a bloody tonne for an acoustic instrument! :o
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Fender3D

Quote from: bluebunny on January 23, 2017, 09:16:09 AM
Still trying to work out a tuning that suits me...
I think you'll stick to it literally ... if you just let it outside for a couple of hours
:icon_mrgreen:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

stallik

Really nice Marc. Tried a six stringer recently, decided I'd never be able to play it coz it's too damn loud! Nice though
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bancika

Finished after over 2 years of work and stalling. Very happy with results.

for more info http://diy-fever.com/guitars/kotzen-travelcaster/

287m

BEAUTIFUL! yes, caps lock on.  :icon_redface:

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Steve Mavronis

This is my new guitar that got delivered January 20, 2017. It was built for me by neoclassic shred guitarist and my friend Dean Cascione of DC Custom Guitars USA. Here is composite photo of the front and back in the case. I absolutely love it.

My DC Custom Guitars Guitar specs : - 25.5" scale - Yngwie J Malmsteen style scalloped fretboard - 9.5" radius - Birdseye maple 1 pc neck shank - Medium C profile - Dunlop 6000 frets - Reverse headstock - Hipshot graduated locking tuners - Dual acting trussrod at heel - Real shell abalone inlays - 5A quilted maple top over basswood DC Custom body - 4 bolt heel with DC personalized etched neckplate - Rear Charvel style electronics cavity route - SS pickup configuration - Vintage tremolo route - Wilkinson steel block tremolo with offset drilled sustain block for improved intonation and push in tremolo arm - Floyd Rose noiseless tremolo springs - Side input jack - 3 way toggle - 1 volume Seymour Duncan YJM high-speed volume pot - Copper grounding backplane - Aluminum cavity cover - GuitarHeads mini rail pickups wound to Dean's specifications - All black hardware - Thin nitrocellulose finish - SIT Power Steel 9-46 strings - Fender tweed guitar case

These closeups were sent to me before shipment and include his watermarks:

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

rutabaga bob

If you don't mind my asking...what would one of these set you back?
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper