News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: rutabaga bob on February 02, 2017, 02:14:44 PM
If you don't mind my asking...what would one of these set you back?

Save your pennies. Dean said in general one of his guitar builds to these specs for customers run $3K. I paid along the way over the 5 months it took to complete it. He's building many guitars and doing guitar mods at the same time. I didn't mind since I broke my left hand (fractured pinky needing surgery and hand sprain) on July 29, 2016 and couldn't even begin to play guitar again until December. This was my reward for all the therapy pain and suffering - wifey approved!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

rutabaga bob

Thanks, Steve!  Just mere curiosity...not only is a guitar like this WAY above my skill-grade, but I'd probably be too scared to play it - worried about messing it up.  I just got a used Oscar Schmidt OE-30 for $150...that's good enough for an old twanger like me.  The only other guitar I have considered is a Tele-style, but I want a hard V neck-shape.

Being a shred guy, are you a Joe Stump fan?
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: rutabaga bob on February 02, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
Thanks, Steve!  Just mere curiosity...not only is a guitar like this WAY above my skill-grade, but I'd probably be too scared to play it - worried about messing it up.

Being a shred guy, are you a Joe Stump fan?

I'm paranoid it will get its first scratch or ding. I want to keep it in the case and my wife wants it on display in the stand - right under her heavy German coo-coo clock!

Yes I like Joe Stump's music. I met him twice at shows during 2016. He's a nice guy who comes up and talks to you like a regular human being. I like neoclassic rock being a big time Yngwie Malmsteen music fan.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

rutabaga bob

Tell her okay, you'll leave it there - if you can bolt the clock to the wall-studs with heavy L-brackets! :icon_mrgreen:

deadastronaut

nice axe steve,

with these scallops is it easy to bend when you dont want it to?.

e.g. finger pressure etc...i had a go on a righty, upside down, and if i held a chord

i could bend it by just slightly squeezing...kinda put me off the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bancika

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 03, 2017, 05:34:16 AM
nice axe steve,

with these scallops is it easy to bend when you dont want it to?.

e.g. finger pressure etc...i had a go on a righty, upside down, and if i held a chord

i could bend it by just slightly squeezing...kinda put me off the idea.

yes, you need to improve left hand control with a scalloped neck. But it's worth it, gives much more freedom and besides, squeezing the neck tight in your hand won't help with anything. You'll fatigue more and it will slow you down.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: bancika on February 03, 2017, 06:09:21 AM
you need to improve left hand control with a scalloped neck. But it's worth it, gives much more freedom and besides, squeezing the neck tight in your hand won't help with anything. You'll fatigue more and it will slow you down.

I agree. I had my 2007 MIM Strat neck scalloped by the same guy before. At first it felt strange like my fingers were walking on a high wire. But I realized it's the frets that matter to sound the notes and your fingers aren't supposed to be pushing the strings down to the wood because you'll detune. So I quickly developed a lighter touch, just enough to sound the note. Your hand don't get as tired and you get more control over string grip with your fingertips, especially when bending and vibrato.

Fender3D

Nice ace Steve...

I got one similar, not scalloped though, since she has "acoustic" and MIDI outs:

Now ready for blue version...

"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Fender3D on February 04, 2017, 11:52:00 AM
Nice ace Steve... I got one similar, not scalloped though, since she has "acoustic" and MIDI outs:

Wow that looks ready for the science lab! Very nice. :)

vigilante397

And now for something completely different :P This is my new favorite guitar in the world. Not just my favorite guitar I have ever owned, but my favorite guitar I have ever played. It's a 2003 Gibson ES-333 in faded brown which I buffed to a mild-gloss finish, threw on gold hardware, and put in some Gibson Dirty Finger pickups. It cost me as much as all my other electric guitars put together, but I absolutely adore it.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Buildtestrepeat

I'll be saying goodbye to this one soon.  Serial #213.   :'(

rutabaga bob

Yeah, Nathan!  I love those semi-hollows, too!

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Steve Mavronis

I took my new DC Custom Guitars shred machine outside for some rays. I call this baby "Sunrazor" named after one of my favorite Dean Cascione songs. He did such a great job with this amazing one of a kind build for me. Oh, one mod I did over the past weekend was add a Graph Tech Black Sleek Tusq XL String Tree to the E & A strings. I was nervous about hand drilling a hole into the birdseye maple headstock but it turned out pretty good. \m/

tubelectron

In the Vintage Look category...

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

tubelectron

I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

bancika

My yin-yang by bancika, on Flickr
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein