Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

Nice boards. With some planning when positioning the pots and jacks, the caps won't be a problem. But if you can get shorter caps, it'll make the fitting easier.

soggybag

SHO, first completed 1590a build.

I was resistant to the small boxes. Now I'm giving in. I never use batteries, and the space savings is nice. Shoehorning things into the small enclosure is an added hassle, but wiring is simplified since you don't need battery clip. These small enclosures impose some limitations which can translate to creative design and decisions. For example, I'm thinking about doing an F.F. While someone has probably done it I think 5 knobs is too many, so one or two knobs will have to go, the choice is interesting.

Marcos - Munky

Welcome to the 1590A world! The limitations imposed by the small enclosure results in some fun challenges in my opinion. Of course, sometimes you'll want to throw everything out of an window when something doesn't fit and you found this out just after you've drilled the enclosure :icon_lol:.

adielricci

One more Ultra Flanger, layout by Solderman, for the 1590A. This time, properly deticked, lower noise, adjusted. Soon to go into the enclosure.

Marcos - Munky

9th build of 2018: Alfonso's Zendrive, in my opinion the best ts-like od. Didn't had any ideas for an artwork to etch, so I went with a swirl using red, green and blue nail polishes.

soggybag

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 11, 2018, 07:55:59 PM
9th build of 2018: Alfonso's Zendrive, in my opinion the best ts-like od. Didn't had any ideas for an artwork to etch, so I went with a swirl using red, green and blue nail polishes.

Nice work, is there a layout for this? I am thinking about building a 1590a Tube Screamer.

soggybag

Completed Woolly Mammoth. I'm kicking myself for rushing to finish this and not thinking about the box. Now i want to stamp something on the outside.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: soggybag on June 12, 2018, 12:16:47 AM
Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 11, 2018, 07:55:59 PM
Nice work, is there a layout for this? I am thinking about building a 1590a Tube Screamer.
I made my own layout, with onboard 16mm pots :icon_twisted:. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the files if you want.

Marcos - Munky

10th build of 2018. A friend asked me to build him a pedal called "satan muff", it's an internal joke. Despite the name, the circuit is Joe Davisson's Transistor Obsidian.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Marcos - Munky

Thanks a lot, Rob. It's nice to get a compliment from you, since your works are one of my inspirations on enclosure etching :icon_wink:. I really liked this one, the etching came out very clean. My friend liked it too, I gave him the pedal yesterday and he already used it in a concert!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 05, 2018, 03:14:19 PM
10th build of 2018. A friend asked me to build him a pedal called "satan muff", it's an internal joke. Despite the name, the circuit is Joe Davisson's Transistor Obsidian.

Excellent work. Loving the heavy metal umlaut, lol..:)

T.

bluebunny

Quote from: ElectricDruid on July 08, 2018, 06:15:15 AM
Excellent work. Loving the heavy metal umlaut, lol..:)

Hadn't noticed that, Tom. Brilliant!  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Marcos - Munky

Thanks a lot. It was a request from my friend. His band logo have that umlaut, as he told be he basically add them to make the vowels look strange :icon_lol:

Marcos - Munky

11th build of 2018. It's not a pedal, but it's in a 1590A :icon_wink:. Rick Holt's (aka frequencycentral) Superfly, which is an submini version of Doug Hammond's Firefly.

dan.schumaker

This is the Schu-Tone Bison delay.  Its a Binson-like dual delay in a 1590A.  Delay one is one repeat, delay two is based off the first delay and has the feedback loop.  If you've done the 1776 Effects Multiplex Binson Mode, you know how it works.

There are a few boards left, message me if interested.

DirkM

Damn tight 8)

A modern DSP with up to 3500ms delay ram in a 1590A housing. Up to 24Bit 192KHz. Rotary encoder for control and SD card slot for possible memory expansions. Fully programmable in C / GCC.

ElectricDruid

Very nice, in a "high tech and miniature" way! I like the display.

Does that encoder have a push button too? I was trying to work out how you'd adjust more than one parameter, but a button-push to scroll through the parameters and then the encoder to twiddle them would work. The limitation on such a thing is always going to be the interface - you've easily got processor power and program Flash memory enough to design some amazing effects chain that could have a  hundred parameters. Keeping the feature creep under control and having the discipline to keep it simple would be the biggest problem, I suspect!

Marcos - Munky

12th build of 2018: Parasit Studio 8-Bitar.

EBK

I feel like I should post this question here (I promise that I will have a 1590A pic soon):
How do you guys ground your 1590A enclosures (for shielding) when using jacks with plastic bushings?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.