Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars-musik

I´ve been busy. And gone crazy in the process, unfortunately. Tom's Tapflo Tremolo in a 1590a with all the features was a stupid idea indeed.  While I was at it (going crazy I mean), the long overdue reverb (Ghost Echo) just had to be made. Both needed taller enclosures, so I saw an old one in half and screwed it between the bottom plate and the enclosure.

For relaxation, I did two easy ones. A Deep Blue Delay and a Tubescreamer.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: bluebunny on September 20, 2018, 03:36:21 AM
That is quite some factory you're running there, Marcos!   :D   Nice builds.  Aren't all the 1590As driving you nuts?
I was waiting for enclosures and 3PDTs to arrive from China, so in the meantime I got a good number of boards done and tested. I still have 2 more to finish (waiting for some parts that if I get lucky will arrive this week), one to (re)make the layout but the box is ready and 2 more I'm still not sure I'll box them. And I kinda got used to 1590As, since almost all my builds are in those ones. But there's some of them that drives me nuts. The one I have to remake the layout is one of them, I did 3 layouts that worked but didn't fit in the 1590A, so I have no choice and have to go SMD... And I never did SMD before, so it'll be a new challenge.

Lars, your work is just amazing! I love your artworks.

italianguy63

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 02, 2018, 04:49:00 AM
The Nutria Mini.... (ProCo RAT 1590A)

Went together great!  Great build!

Only, 1 minor problem.. it doesn't work.

Lights up, no effect... gotta' unbox it and troubleshoot it.

BOOO!!!

MC

Finally got back to this guy and got it fixed.  I don't actually know what was wrong with it...

I am thinking a short between one of the (ground) tangs of one of the pots, and the solder side of the PCB?  Anyway.  Working (VERIFIED).

I hate having to unbox these 1590A builds.. it is a tedious, laborious process!  It is so much better when they just work!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 21, 2018, 06:28:22 AM
I hate having to unbox these 1590A builds.. it is a tedious, laborious process!  It is so much better when they just work!
Yeah, I totally agree with that! It's way easier to box than to unbox. That's why I test the circuits outside of the enclosure before boxing them almost all the time. And unfortunally, that few times I don't test the circuits outside of the enclosure are the times the circuit doesn't work :icon_frown:

ElectricDruid

Quote from: lars-musik on September 20, 2018, 07:04:19 AM
Tom's Tapflo Tremolo in a 1590a with all the features was a stupid idea indeed.

That sounds like a challenge....;)

Marcos - Munky

18th build of 2018. Shoot The Moon tremolo. I used a trimpot for the gain pot and added the ramp switch mod from the Tremulus Lune.

Btw, this is one of those I boxed before testing, and it didn't worked at first. Gladly it was just a small solder bridge and I didn't had to unbox it.

italianguy63

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on September 22, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
Btw, this is one of those I boxed before testing, and it didn't worked at first. Gladly it was just a small solder bridge and I didn't had to unbox it.

Wise guy!

;D

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

GiovannyS10

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on September 22, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
18th build of 2018. Shoot The Moon tremolo. I used a trimpot for the gain pot and added the ramp switch mod from the Tremulus Lune.

Very good as ever, Marcos  8)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

GiovannyS10

These are my last buildings.
The delay art was a tribute for one of my favorite Brazilian bands, Engenheiros do Hawaii. Probably mostly of you will not understand the reference, but that okay. LOL
And the 1590LB is a 1A switching power supply.

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

thermionix

Engineers from Hawaii?  Nope, I don't get the reference.

Marcos - Munky

Marcos - Munky

19th build of 2018. Runoffgroove Tri-vibe.

"Family portrait" of the last 3 pedals I've built, their artwork shares the same theme.

italianguy63

Getting caught up a little bit finally!

Finished this guy up this morning... came out super cool and compact.

'67 PNP Fuzz Face (w/charge pump voltage inverter).
AC128 trannies..

MC

EBK

My 6-year-old daughter painted this for me a while ago, and I've finally assembled it.

It's a Tonebender MkI.  I still need to learn how to properly bias it, but it works.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Marcos - Munky

That's really beautiful, outside and inside.

dan.schumaker

Magnetosphere - Dual PT2399 delay, kinda like a space echo
1854 Magnetosphere by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Chameleon_3 - FV-1 with three switchable programs (I have three reverb's in there now)
1853 Reverb_3 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Expanse Phaser - Modded Ross Phaser
1850 Expanse by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Clairvoyant Comp - Dyna Comp based compressor with clean blend
1849 Clairvoyant by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Curd - Big Cheese based fuzz (only three out of the four tone options, no tone bypass)
1847 Curd by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

ElectricDruid

Impressive stuff, Dan. Those pedals are absolutely rammed!

I'm amazed you do all the pots on wires up to the connections at the top, but that's what it looks like. I'd have been trying to put PCB pots on the flip-side of the board somehow. But I've never tried it, so what do I know, right?!

dan.schumaker

Tom,

I made these little pot mounting boards for my 1590A builds.  It makes wiring the pots up super easy.  Its just a straight shot down of ribbon wire to get all four wired up.
Resized_20180613_204944 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Resized_20180613_204933 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Quote from: ElectricDruid on October 25, 2018, 05:14:07 PM
Impressive stuff, Dan. Those pedals are absolutely rammed!

I'm amazed you do all the pots on wires up to the connections at the top, but that's what it looks like. I'd have been trying to put PCB pots on the flip-side of the board somehow. But I've never tried it, so what do I know, right?!

bluebunny

Quote from: dan.schumaker on October 26, 2018, 07:57:28 AM
I made these little pot mounting boards for my 1590A builds.  It makes wiring the pots up super easy.  Its just a straight shot down of ribbon wire to get all four wired up.

Neat.  Fuzzdog does a similar three-pot board:

For little over a quid, it's a no-brainer for 1590A builds.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thomasha

I finished the Ultra flanger build. Using solderman's layout a made some small modifications, just to incorporate some recent corrections to the ticking problem (as Boss did) and adding some extra filtering at the PS.

The led flashes with the LFO, I connected it before the depth pot, so it has always the same intensity. It helps when setting those really slow flanging tones, almost like phasing. This one also does the jet like sound, or chorus like when reducing the regeneration. It distorts the notch a little in the extreme settings, I had to tame it with the guitar volume pot to get some clean flanging.
I could change the gain  in the circuit, by reducing the first opamp gain, but who wants a clean flanger anyway?