Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovenut

Ok, so I couldn't fit the battery in as well  :o maybe next time...

Here is my latest proto. 24 volt two channel Jfet preamp. 5 jfets, 3 amplifier stages and two buffer stages. Full tone stack (Mids are an internal trimmer, Presence is my favorite fixed value) 24VDC from 9VDC. It's a twist on the Randall RG circuit shoe-horned into a 1590A and revoiced to my liking with an added amplifier following the tonestack. Red/Green LED indicates channel with push button.

I'll try to get a demo together soon.

Edit: added a pic of the red/green LED channel switch illumination

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

mfunky

Seriously - you are killing me. One of the most masculine Sounds ever in a 1590a. You can't do that!!!!  :D

Other than that, I think that I officially give up on 1590a builds - standard jacks, through hole components, four pots, square (!!!) DC jack and square (!!!) channel switch, great etching, tasty knobs (really, I dig those!). I should focus on making money and buy my stuff from you (if not making would be half of the fun).

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cozybuilder

I couldn't resist the challenge. Here's my version of Joe Davisson's Obsidian-T. This is slightly modified from the schematic- 250pF treble bleed cap, 2K2 gain to ground, 180K for R17, 100K for R18, no R19. This is a fantastic sounding pedal!!

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

mfunky

Well done!!!! Did you use parts of my drill templates? I love this build!

Groovenut

3 pots, AND a battery in a 1590A! Very impressive Russ!
...and it's PINK!

Well done my friend, well done!!!

Cozybuilder

mfunky- lots of measuring and trying things out in winding up with this layout, the battery is flipped 180 from where I started- the parts just lined up better that way, and the plastic battery connector worked out well with the tip of the input jack. Thanks for the inspiration to do this.

Law- thank you!

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

mfunky

Damn, now I have to try an 18 volt version. But not with a voltage doubler, but with two batteries. [emoji6]

bluebunny

Quote from: mfunky on July 22, 2015, 01:40:43 PM
Damn, now I have to try an 18 volt version. But not with a voltage doubler, but with two batteries. [emoji6]

LOL!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cozybuilder

mfunky-
2 9volt batteries could be done- stack them flat side down, use a light-plate as a spacer with a cut out to fit the upper battery (thus locking it in place), a 2-knob circuit using the side-pin 9mm pots under the upper jack using the corner as your friend for spacing, mono input jack holds the lower battery, power jack above the lower jack. A PCB with SMDs could be placed in the area beside the batteries, with some provision for holding the lower battery against the opposite side. If you pull this off that would be great!   :icon_mrgreen:

mfunky

Ygtbfkm (you got to be f@#$%& kidding me) [emoji6]

Perrow

I've often thought a stack of 2025 batteries would be perfect for 1590A builds  :icon_mrgreen:

A 2025 battery is 20 mm in diameter and 2.5 mm thick. a stack of 6 (for 18V) would just be 1.5 cm, some heat shrink around them to hold them together. Don't know exactly how to build the battery holder but have a few ideas, some involving a 3D printer (perfect excuse for buying one of those, don't you say (somehow I fear my girlfriend won't agree  :( ).
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

amptramp

mfunky

Available mAh is always the problem + ecological concerns with these small batteries. The 12 V batteries used by some of the builders (A23, L1023,...) are in fact a stack of these batteries in one enclosure... And yes, 3d printers are great!

Cozybuilder

Heee Heee- now you're thinking about it   :icon_twisted:

duck_arse

....... your mission, should you choose to accept it (play the original music theme while reading the files): come up with a circuit he can't 1590A-ise.

one day he'll run outta pink paint and grey bog. and probably still build us all silly. nice one.

and perrow - that stack of button cells could be split into two or three and distributed around all the "mt space" in yr 18V-er.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Groovenut

LPD Osu Compressor (tweaked/based on the Jon Patton Bear Hug)