Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Those knobs are from Small Bear.  I buy them by the bucket.

Cozybuilder

Nate- maybe SB?

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/aluminum-black-index/

Edit- I replied too quick, hadn't seen PD's post. When am I going to learn to look at the page number in the thread?
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Perrow

Quote from: Cozybuilder on October 13, 2015, 10:49:23 AM
Edit- I replied too quick, hadn't seen PD's post. When am I going to learn to look at the page number in the thread?

That dog's bitten me too.

Quote from: Cozybuilder on October 12, 2015, 12:50:39 PM
Wow, I think you just won the tidiest 1590A build award  8)

Placing two large pcbs hiding the wiring helps  ;D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pickdropper

Quote from: Perrow on October 13, 2015, 06:07:05 PM

Quote from: Cozybuilder on October 12, 2015, 12:50:39 PM
Wow, I think you just won the tidiest 1590A build award  8)

Placing two large pcbs hiding the wiring helps  ;D

Well, there is some truth to that, really.   I do put the wires under the board and I don't make them as tight as possible (tight is bad).  This one is fairly tidy under the board.  I've done a couple of more complicated 1590a builds that had a lot more wire underneath.  One in particular had so much hardware underneath that I had to make certain wires longer and the parts needed to be loaded in a specific order.  I won't be building that one again.

amz-fx

Just starting to work on putting a mosfet booster module into a 1590A:

Best regards, Jack

Lemontheo

Hi,

my first post !

Here is a Fet preamp booster, with a darlington buffer.

And a 40watts amp (based on the TPA3106D1), with AOP buffer.

Théophile

duck_arse

hello, lemontheo, and welcome. those are nice looking things, especially the rooster, but I have two questions for you: where do you get colour matching dc sockets, and can you, please, resize your images for your second post, so we can see all your builds, in all their glory?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Lemontheo

Thanks !

I've resized my photos.

For the yellow DC socket, it's from Musikding.de

bloxstompboxes

Tayda has red and white ones. I seem to remember them having others as well, but I don't see any on there other than these I mentioned and the usual black ones.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

playsforfun

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

amz-fx

Here is the finished pedal for which I posted a couple of pix earlier. There are more pix in my blog at:

http://www.muzique.com/news/mosfet-booster-module-in-1590a/

regards, Jack

mfunky

Quote from: amz-fx on October 24, 2015, 11:03:25 AM
Here is the finished pedal for which I posted a couple of pix earlier. There are more pix in my blog at:

http://www.muzique.com/news/mosfet-booster-module-in-1590a/

regards, Jack
I built an amz mini booster in a 1590a, with battery and LED. Thank you for that great circuit, use  it all the time [emoji6]

free electron

A quickie project for my mini looping pedalboard and an excuse to finally use that MSP430 Launchpad i got few years ago:

a stepped expression pedal emulator, basically an MSP430F2012 controlling a digital pot.

The output setting can be stepped in 1(on/off), 2,4,8 or 16 equal steps (configurable), LED bar shows the value, the last used setting is restored on next power up, short clicks step the value, holding down the footswitches jumps the setting to min or max.
I didn't have enough space left for a full scale expression pedal, one 1590A was all i could squeeze in.  For a simple task as master volume controller having 8-16 available steps does the job pretty well.

amz-fx

Quote from: mfunky on October 24, 2015, 01:28:54 PM
I built an amz mini booster in a 1590a, with battery and LED. Thank you for that great circuit, use  it all the time [emoji6]

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad you are enjoying the booster pedal. 

Best regards, Jack

amz-fx

Quote from: free electron on October 24, 2015, 01:58:45 PM
A quickie project for my mini looping pedalboard and an excuse to finally use that MSP430 Launchpad i got few years ago:

a stepped expression pedal emulator, basically an MSP430F2012 controlling a digital pot.

Looks great! Well done.

regards, Jack

Marcos - Munky

Here's my new ones. The first is a Soulsonic's Folk Driver. This is a very nice low gain overdrive, which sounds very good alone and amazing when boosting another drive. And since it's a drive, I used a image of a "drive" as the artwork  :icon_lol:. This was my first attempt with this kind of etching, and I decided not to paint it because the etch isn't deep enough.

The 2nd is a Mictester's Really Cheap Compressor. Like the Folk Driver, the etch isn't deep enough to paint. It's been a long time since I used a compressor, and like Mictester said about this one, it will be on all the time.

Ben Lyman

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on October 26, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

Wow, those etchings look great, good job! I wanna learn how to do that instead of trying to paint.
Would you recommend either of these circuits for a beginner?
I have made FF's, TB MKII's, boosters, and RM's but I want to build a TS(ish) type of light O.D. and a comp.
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Marcos - Munky

Both circuits are pretty simple. But I'm not sure if the Folk Driver is TS(ish). Actually it's been a long time since I played something TS(ish) :icon_lol:.

For the etching, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cg4UoS6ecY