SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uoki-Toki

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

haveyouseenhim

Bob is looking at that lava lamp like he wishes it was a bong. That's what I thought it was for a second. :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Govmnt_Lacky

HOLY TESTBEDS BATMAN!!!!  :o

Gotta put up a pic of that breadboard/testbox/whatever it is on your desktop. Looks amazing!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Focalized

This before I actually really used it some months ago. Or stained the top with paint and bits and pieces.

I bought this standard bench that came broken and missing the drawers. @#$% it I decided. It works. Glued the broken plywood for the table top and bottom. The drawers would have been nice but left little room for my legs to sit up against the table.

Maybe another pic soon. With some nice hardware pRon spread out.  I have a nice vice on the right and a decent stool now, too.

I actually do the soldering up in the living room because there's a big TV and I'm single.

duck_arse

so, while this is not MY workbench, it is still quite interesting, I think.

shown is my great-grandfather at his workbench, at the Low Head Cable Station, Tasmania, circa 1890.
he has just posted a qustion as to when Tesla might be going to invent radio, and is hoping for a reply from R.G.Keene. whilst he waits, he thinks about  the price of copper.

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

darron

No! BOOOOO!

Love that retro photo. Had me going for a sec.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Jdansti

Quote from: darron on July 06, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

No! BOOOOO!

Love that retro photo. Had me going for a sec.

Looks like a cat knocked your parts drawers over. I hope you had a chance to drink the precious contents of that glass before the accident.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Jdansti on July 07, 2013, 02:51:30 AM
Looks like a cat knocked your parts drawers over. I hope you had a chance to drink the precious contents of that glass before the accident.  ;D

Maybe that's how it got knocked over. Drunken pedal building....Not even once :icon_mrgreen:

@Darron    How do you like your dremel stylus? I can't live without mine.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

darron

it was my own fault. can't blame the cats this time.

the absinthe bottle just has water in it and the glass was empty. no real disaster. i found some stuff in the process and it's good to have a reorder.

the dremel stylus is pretty cool! i mostly jut use it for engraving or for wire brushing for that 3d effect. the battery isn't massive and last just long enough to do a few which is when i'd need a break anyway.

the dremel in the drill press setup is too much of a pain to take out to use for anything else so that's all it does. i'd rather recommend somebody bought a tiny REAL drill press for the price instead of this silly plastic work-around.

the orange/grey Black and Decker battery screw driver is a very cool little ting too. they were on sale for $30! gyro operated.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Jdansti

>the absinthe bottle just has water in it

Sure. We believe you. Really.   ::)
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on July 07, 2013, 03:31:28 AM
Drunken pedal building....Not even once :icon_mrgreen:

I stabbed myself with the soldering iron last week.  Not drunk.  At all.  Honest.  No, really.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

Jdansti

I've tried to identify some of the objects in duck's photo. The name on the door is "Via Eastern", which appears to be a telegraph company.

Can anyone else identify more objects?

• SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: Jdansti on July 08, 2013, 04:41:04 AM
^Hot or cold?

Both.  Can you believe I was swapping bits in the middle of a session?  Stabbed with the "recently cold" bit.  2.3mm of (dirty) getting-warm metal into my left thumb joint.

S T U P I D    :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: Jdansti on July 08, 2013, 04:43:39 AM
Can anyone else identify more objects?

I thought I could see a couple of Millennium-2 boards, but now I think that the whole desk is an early protoype of this:

:icon_biggrin:

Edit:  "Burst Box".  LOL!   :D
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

QuoteLove that retro photo. Had me going for a sec.

going?

QuoteCan anyone else identify more objects?

put a big circle around the geezer in the middle and write "great grandfather" next to.

there is no burstbox shown. the other bloke has that, out of shot. you can tell from his shifty expression.

no stock tickers. shown in this photo are grgrdpa's first 2 designs for the head of "robbie the robot".

I was disappointed that I could find nothing more than via eastern. it sounds like part of something, probably all over the outside of the building.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Ben N

That would be a window, not a door. Also, there is flux capacitor in plain view right there in the middle.
  • SUPPORTER

wavley

FooFighters123 has something to say about calling it a burst box...

Quote from: FooFighters123 on June 16, 2009, 06:03:31 AM
Thereverend  matt bellamy doesn't have a burst box it's a kill switch. And it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com