pix of Custom built guitar amps/cabs

Started by TimWaldvogel, April 05, 2010, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Hoffman

Quote from: tasos on October 12, 2011, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: egasimus on October 12, 2011, 09:14:05 AM
^ MAGNETS! :D
Troll?!? ???

The serious answer is Machine Screws and U-bolts, or if you are lucky your chassis has threaded studs built in. 

Gabriel

theundeadelvis

Quote from: tasos on October 12, 2011, 08:38:06 AM
Hey everybody...
I was always wondering!
How do you make the wooden panel stick together with the metal chassis? ???
There are a number of ways. Depending on how the chassis is mounted in relation to the wood panel, I use long bolts/nuts that pass all the way through the chassis (if my chassis doesn't have ears to mount to) and finish washers on the wood side. If the chassis is hanging from the panel, and not just resting on top of it, I'll use chassis straps instead of the finish washers, to distribute the load better.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

tasos

Hey thanks everybody....
i have though of these ways...i just can't find long enough screws!anyway...this is not your problem! ;D

JoeGuitar

Here's a couple of my amp builds.

A Firefly mini stack and a SloClone. 

I included the guitar in front of the firefly as I built that as well.

MRX2099

Kickin it "Old School" I think I posted this way way back somehwere on the forums but its my Pride so here it is again, pics of my Marshall "Clone" of a '69 "4-Hole input" 50W Plexi, I got pics of the guts somewhere, just gotta find them, I built the whole thing, cabinets head box, wired it up, tolexed it, I spent a year before the build sourcing all the places to get the parts and reading up on this enormous project before I even started on it, I spent alot of time on George's forums metroamp just asking question before , during, and even after the build, thanks to everyone there for your help, then once it was done I added a "Master vol mod" in one of the speaker outs in the rear so I didn't have to drill any unwanted holes anywhere, so I can put it back if needed

My custom name tag on the back - ya gotta love those laser engravers, they can do soooooo much

the matching 4X 12 cab, now with G12T75 speakers in it for a whopping 300Watt capacity -

Amp #2 in the process gonna be a clone of a 18Watt Marshall Bluesbreaker

back

and the top

This will be the front "light-up" nameplate for the 18Watt

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

tasos

This is sooo awesome!Love the purple tolex!I would love to see the inside wiring job! :)
And also...were did you get the schematic-turret board ??? (i guess) for the 50watt plexi?

MRX2099

Thanks guys, I'll try and get the "guts" shots scanned in and posted soon, but i must forewarn ya, its messy inside, I got schematics from the metroamp forums and just all over the net,(great bunch of ppl there willing to offer help in any ways they can, also where I got the PPIMV mod schematic  I put in it too) again this was not one of their kits, as I sourced parts form George there and other places as I had the cash. Also on the amp#2 the combo amp I want to do the whole top faceplate in the clear "Light-up" type where the knobs go like the H&K amps, I already have the nameplate ready with the purple light I just gotta get the faceplate done next, it is gonna be a 2 channel with a TMB amp (treble middle, bass), as opposed to a regular 18Watt, I have done lots of research on the 18watt forums to get info and schematics and mods for that one too.

TimWaldvogel

My tube amp guy built this for me. It's got 2-12ax7s and 4-6aq5's

Pays to have a good head on your shoulders

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT LARGE PEDALBOARDS....

.... I BET YOU WISH YOUR PEDALBOARD WAS AS LARGE AS MINE

deadastronaut

sweet....^ i love those old radio cabinets.... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Greenmachine

TimWaldvogel

This is as close as I can give you of gut shots at the moment

Greenmachine

Cool, thanks!

What's the purpose of such a diverse complement of power tubes?

Whoops, nevermind ... I think those are just your options aren't they?

TimWaldvogel

They sound amazing and are cheap !
You can buy a sleeve of 5 for under 20$ most the time.
It's like having a 6v6 amplifier that runs on a lower voltage.
He actually built it for fun and we wound up trading for it later.

He has several sleeves of these things in his garage. The ones in my amp are the 6005's
Which I believe are the military spec.
They do have a light jangle about them like most mini power tubes do. And I LOVE that

elflicho87

The head cab I'm trying to build for my Ceriatone 1987 plexi amp.
One of theese days I shoud decide myself to apply the tolex I've bought something like one year ago....

skullservant

elflicho87

Damn, you're so right.... maybe this is why it's taking me so long to decide... I like wood!!!

Taylor

I agree - there's too much tolex in this world as it is! It would look great with a stain or just a clear finish.

G. Hoffman

If you're going to be gigging with it, Tolex will hold up a whole lot better.  Plus, I just think wood cased amps look wrong.

Gabriel

TimWaldvogel

Paint it black and put pieces of sheet metal painted anodized Colors on the front