Building the tap tempo tremolo

Started by Taylor, April 19, 2010, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwatford

wondering if anyone has had a chance to measure current draw?

pastiche

Just thought I'd ask if boards/ic were available now?
thanks  :icon_cool:

Taylor

They're on the way from the fabricators. Hoping to get them this week.

Athos

Please sign me up when they o arrive ! Thank you !!  :icon_lol:

pastiche

I'm guessing the website wont allow orders til you have stock?

Taylor

Quote from: pastiche on April 11, 2013, 08:21:42 AM
I'm guessing the website wont allow orders til you have stock?

Right, I take down the purchase button while it's out of stock. I'm not set up to do pre-orders and keep track of them easily unfortunately.

stone temple pinot

I definitely want one.  Components ready and waiting.....

STP

Taylor

The tap trem is back in stock now.  :)

tenwatt

Quote from: Taylor on June 23, 2010, 04:05:04 PM
Here you go. I'll also add this to the PDF. Note that my way is a little different from joinpobob's suggestion. His leaves the PWM output of the TAPLFO floating when the circuit is bypassed, and while this seems to work for him, it's suppose to be bad practice to do this. In my diagram, I ground the PWM output in bypass through a 10k resistor instead of just disconnecting it.

I can't see the pic in this post.  Is it the same as the wiring on the build doc?

Also...where are you guys getting 22k trimpots?  25k would be fine wouldn't they?

Taylor

That link must have gone dead. Sorry. I'm not sure if I have the file anymore. Does anyone have it saved on their computer?

25k should be fine.

Lurco

Quote from: Taylor on May 03, 2013, 09:18:44 AM
That link must have gone dead. Sorry. I'm not sure if I have the file anymore. Does anyone have it saved on their computer?

25k should be fine.
This?

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/taptempotremalternateby.jpg.html

Taylor

tenwatt

Thanx guys!  Can I still put a non-blinking bypass LED on the switch in tandum with this?  Hey, BTW, I have another populated board that someone gave me but they trashed it.  The chip is still good though.  Could I just buy another board minus the chip?

tenwatt

Quote from: tenwatt on May 06, 2013, 10:17:03 AM
Thanx guys!  Can I still put a non-blinking bypass LED on the switch in tandum with this?  Hey, BTW, I have another populated board that someone gave me but they trashed it.  The chip is still good though.  Could I just buy another board minus the chip?
Anybody?

Taylor

I can't think of an easy way to light another LED without a 4pdt switch.

Sure, you can buy just the board. Send me an email through the site and I'll set you up.

tenwatt

I'd really like to have a bypass LED that goes on/off with the footswitch and the tempo LED that is ALWAYS on AND, obviously, minimumize the ticking.  Can I do that?

sink

Taylor

mth5044

Quote from: tenwatt on May 09, 2013, 11:20:40 AM
I'd really like to have a bypass LED that goes on/off with the footswitch and the tempo LED that is ALWAYS on AND, obviously, minimumize the ticking.  Can I do that?

Hook the rate LED to ground so it's always on then wire a normal on/off LED to the footswitch? I haven't read the project document for a year or so, but that seems like a normal thing to do.

Taylor

But that's not compatible with the alternate bypass, which grounds the PWM signal when in bypass.