666 Competition

Started by frequencycentral, June 07, 2010, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

tuckster

Oh ok :D that's why I couldn't see your pics :D i thought my firefox is blocking some pictures :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER

Brymus

Oh crap I just clicked the link in Rick's post....
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time ???? (UK)
I was under the impression GMT= general mountain time (USA)
I just lost another seven hours ,DOH
I am going to sleep by the time I wake up the contest will be over,oh well.
maybe the baby will wake me up early and I can finish mine,doubt it.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

trad3mark

Ok evil evil people. this is my first entry. I'll be posting another one shortly...

Cannon. Based on the Viole(n)t Rams Head version of the Big Muff, Cannon has 4 x GT404B Russian Germanium transistors, and 4 x D18 Russian Germanium Diffusion Diodes. It's as loud and as angry as you would expect a germanium fueld, vintage based big muff to be. It's a little bigger than the size of a "Little Big Muff" or the current tone wicker model. And now it's got a bit more of a sinister look to it. ;)

As you can see from the guts, it's a big vero. It's wired on gold-plated vero, instead of the usual copper. It's party-piece is in the guts. I've heard of people "Floating" boards before, to avoid them grounding off the case. With this build, i wanted to try something else. So the board isn't floated, it's suspended.

igerup

Aaah, it hangs from the wires of the pots+jacks. Nice solution. I like it. :icon_cool:

Joe Hart

Here's mine. I call it "The Bat Boost" and it's a full-range boost with "high" and "low" tone controls that gives me a Black Sabbath kind of tone. I have NOTHING on the pedals designed so far, but maybe I get points for creativity? I hand painted the graphics (and designed it myself) in glow-in-the-dark paint, the eyes light up, I used recycled "mojo" parts from random broken stuff (back from the dead!!), and the Q1 transistor is part number 666!! I kid you not! I tried to get a picture of it, but it just comes out all blurry (including taking a clear picture not zoomed in and trying to zoom in after the fact with Photoshop). And this IS my first pedal that I've actually designed and painted the enclosure for myself, and I think that comes into play in the voting??? Thanks, this was fun!
-Joe Hart

trad3mark

And so the time has come to fight against the great evil. To absolve sinners. To create a new path.

It is time to bring Redemption.

A hybrid overdrive running on a single 12AX7, and three J201's. It has 5 controls, from right to left, Texture - Input Caps; Tone - Filter based on the BMP filter; Gain - From crunchy boost to redeeming fury; Volume - Quiet to oh no my face has just been ripped off; Density - Output Caps. This thing is now replacing any overdrive i have had in my setup. The crunchy is vintage, the fury is powerful, and the tone, set just right, is the perfect blend of treble and bass. Wired up on Gold Plated vero, with a compact and organised board. This build was a tough one to endure, but it was worth every second.

That's me done.

Joe Hart

Hmmm. There are 7 entries on the "pictures" thread, but only 6 on this thread. I think Biozazard's entry is missing! Better get it on here! The entries have to be posted on both threads, I think.
-Joe Hart

Brymus

Almost there with two hours left...
Might make it,maybe not,soldering it up now.  ???

The entries so far look really good,up half the night finishing my graphics.
Now to solder in the off board components and take pics and post,fingers crossed.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D

paulyy

Quote from: Brymus on August 04, 2010, 03:17:53 PM
Almost there with two hours left...
Might make it,maybe not,soldering it up now.  ???

The entries so far look really good,up half the night finishing my graphics.
Now to solder in the off board components and take pics and post,fingers crossed.
Good luck.
I wish I had entered the contest.

TamuT

Got it all done today. B.S.I.A.B. II clone :icon_twisted:

Top:

Bottom:

The text says 666 in Latin ;D

Guts:

And one more...

phector2004

Quote from: TamuT on August 04, 2010, 04:22:24 PM
Got it all done today. B.S.I.A.B. II clone :icon_twisted:

Top:

Bottom:

The text says 666 in Latin ;D

Guts:

And one more...

I take offense... that ain't latin  ;)

also make sure to post it on the "Pictures" thread!

arma61

hi m8s

just to be part of the contest!

Burning Crunch with Sound to Light (2 386s in total inside)

:D :D :D :D :D :D please note being the skull in profile I've use 3mm and 5 mm LEDs, clever isn't it ?!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(my camera focus is gone as you can see!)
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

TamuT

@phector2004  

[/quote]

I take offense... that ain't latin  ;)

also make sure to post it on the "Pictures" thread!
[/quote]

OOPS... That was Greek not Latin :icon_redface: well... live and learn. Thanks phector!

Brymus

Well I aint gonna make it,17 minutes left.
Good luck guys.
Nice builds for sure.

LucifersTrip

http://www.demonsdisks.com/pics/skullripper.jpg

man, it was a pain to wire inside that skull !!

Switch that turns the fuzz is on top of the skull and will also light the eyes. There are 2 pots, one on each ear to control tone. The switch in the nose flips between 2 different diodes that severely change the sound.
always think outside the box

Galego

Quote from: luciferstrip on August 04, 2010, 05:07:49 PM

Lol, that's definitely unique, but how do you turn the effect on/off? With your feet?

Brymus

Well this was to be my entry...

Two battery clips for back up or 18v operation

Dr Boogie with mods and extensive sockets for re-tweaking the EQ and gain stages.
Also the standard dual volume switch.
The eyes are getting drilled for leds...
And a light bar on the bottom was planned ,but IDK now.
Cryin shame I didnt make it,but oh well I still need to finish this bastage !!!!

LucifersTrip

I rushed the pic so much that I used the wrong aspect ratio...and didn't have time to figure out inline imaging.
Here's the corrected aspect:

LucifersTrip

Quote from: Galego on August 04, 2010, 05:22:50 PM
Quote from: luciferstrip on August 04, 2010, 05:07:49 PM

Lol, that's definitely unique, but how do you turn the effect on/off? With your feet?

the switch on the top of the head...it's a toggle for now because I wasn't able to get the push button in time for the comp!  The eyes light up when the fuzz goes on

Pots in the ears control tone and the switch in the nose flips between 2 different diodes with very different tones