1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 27, 2012, 06:00:52 PM
???

Why wait for the board to get fabbed? Once you have the layout figured... just etch one for yourself.

Could be done in less than a day  ;)

It has to be a double sided board. I can't etch those myself. And a lot of fine-pitch SMD which if I do it myself would cause pads and traces to lift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Perrow

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 27, 2012, 05:43:10 PM
For me, it's going too fast!  :-\ I have to factor in at least 3 weeks of waiting for my PCB to be fabbed, and I'm nowhere near far along in this effect. Certainly not advanced enough to design the layout. It's gonna be tight!

I haven't posted in the pictures thread in a long while, I know how you're feeling.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

cloudscapes

ive given myself till mid june for the final hardware design. i can design the pcb in a day and send it out. any changes after that will come in code or by hacking at the pcb.

gotta come up with the control layout for then too. pcb mounted pots and stuff....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

garcho

Quote"...you don't have to do the cliché ...apocalypse theme"

Totally, but so far my only idea outside of a WWIII-style distortion pedal, is a cassette slow-down-and-stop-delay called 'Heat Death'. I'm totally gonna loose.  ;D

I hope this contest generates some new build threads!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Quackzed

i keep thinking of different 'end of the world' themes...
like what if God comes, and he's Liberache!
or what if it IS the matrix...
... secretly, i hope doc brown shows up in a delorian and calls me marty....
===post a smiley face if you've got ' a good idea' of what to do for the competish...
:(

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

arma61

my one, if i ever finish it on time, will be a delay pedal, named something like time machine, so one can

if on 21-12-2012 something bad happens, just turn the delay knob to max delay (edit)... gives you more time to do what you never did but you wish you did!!  :D
if on 21-12-2012 something good happens, just turn the repeat knob, gives you endless good times!!  :D

and the level knob just set the level of good and bad!!  ;D

Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Leston Braun

iccaros

??? no  :icon_evil:  no  :icon_twisted:  ya thats it..

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Colonel Angus

I dressed my baby like a zebra...
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

cloudscapes

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 21, 2012, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: iccaros on May 20, 2012, 11:41:05 PM
I don't believe you have to keep anything secret, but if you post them you should let people know they are for the competition encase someone accuses you of not building something and using a preexisting item.

Got it.

Got started this evening. Just the basics.  :icon_twisted: 12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

cloudscapes

Apologies for the earlier fear tactics.  :icon_biggrin: It won't happen again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Jdansti

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 03, 2012, 09:28:11 AM
Apologies for the earlier fear tactics.  :icon_biggrin: It won't happen again.

Fear?  Ha!  Bring it on!  12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC is stone-age technology compared to what I'm working on!  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

cloudscapes

Quote from: Jdansti on June 03, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Fear?  Ha!  Bring it on!  12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC is stone-age technology compared to what I'm working on!  :icon_wink:

:icon_eek:  :icon_twisted:

;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Jdansti

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 03, 2012, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: Jdansti on June 03, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Fear?  Ha!  Bring it on!  12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC is stone-age technology compared to what I'm working on!  :icon_wink:

:icon_eek:  :icon_twisted:

;)

:icon_sad:  Sorry-I lied. I'm still trying to figure out what I can build with 2 resistors and a blown lm386... :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

ANALOG BABY!!!!

Like never before!  :icon_twisted:

...For me at least...
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

cloudscapes

Finished it tonight................ but it won't run at all without the programming device attached.  :-[ errrr...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}