News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxOfSnoo

Just finished my EchoBase today - no rain so I could paint (and put my toaster-oven on the balcony) :icon_biggrin:

The LED is a really cool high-bright violet.  The bottom image was a little off-center.  I can always take a sharpie and write "This is not the side you're looking for."

My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

compuwade

JizZ

This is my first build, a tube boost with some swirls:

And now my like fifth build, with my own swirl technique. Gut shot included:

mikemaddux

Quote from: JizZ on May 01, 2010, 10:29:08 PM
This is my first build, a tube boost with some swirls:

And now my like fifth build, with my own swirl technique. Gut shot included:

Impressive first build!!!!  Kudos!
Completed Builds: A lot...

sundgist

Packing a few things up, getting ready to move house. Dug these up from the back of my cupboard, hence the dust around the knobs. 3 of my first builds from about 3 years ago. Trying out slightly different techniques.

Mosfet boost in front of mu-amp. Silver paint pen on black spray acrylic which wrinkled when clear coating, but left a nice leathery effect.
"Top" switch alternates bass cut. (UP= MBnormal, MUcut / DOWN= MBcut, MUnormal), useful when both are on.
Drive is a 4 pos diode clipper after the Mosfet boost. (Off / Si / Ge / Si with Ge crossover distortion) Last position has a nice sound.

Big Muff with AMZ tone control. Adhesive inkjet paper label, rendered semi transparent / fibrery by clear coat.
This was my first ever stomp circuit, second stomp enclosure.

4ms Fuzz Jade. Transparent plastic inkjet label. Took lots of clearcoat to lose the step due to the thickness of the label.
This has gone through a series of different knobs as they get pinched whenever i'm short for a project.

Looking at the quality of the builds here, I'm getting loads of ideas and inspiration for getting this lot finished. Look forward to showing them off once settled in my new place.
Clockwise from top.
Frequency Central's Causality 4 Phaser
Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer
Zvex Wooly Mammoth
Modded Rangemasterish Treble boost / OD
MXR Zakk Wylde OD / Boss SD-1
(on bboard) Sustainer circuit from FSB that I'm still debugging
(centre) Harmonic Percolator/ Escobedo's Jerkulator based experiment. Using AC128 and BC141 that I really like the sound of.

oliphaunt

JizZ that's a fine first post!  Welcome

JizZ

ca cat

ok, couple of my builds:

BB preamp with Si/LED diode switch

And an active ABY box

RAT 2

Rebote 2.5 with tap tempo controler

Two OCDs with etched enclousures

Easyvibe

Almost all of my builds are in DIY steel sheet metal enclousures, bent by hand. Some are ethced with HCL/H2O2 mixture, used for PCB etching.
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

Taylor

Cool enclosures. You should consider selling those to forumites, I'm sure some people would want to buy them.

JKowalski

Quote from: ca cat on May 02, 2010, 04:15:35 PM
Almost all of my builds are in DIY steel sheet metal enclousures, bent by hand. Some are ethced with HCL/H2O2 mixture, used for PCB etching.

Those are really nice enclosures. How are they constructed?

I am picturing two   |__|  shape pieces end on end to form a rectangle for the width/length dimension, and another set of  |__|'s that comprise the faceplate and backplate.  Is that right?

compuwade

Quote from: ca cat on May 02, 2010, 04:15:35 PM
Have you experienced any smoking using the HCL/H2O2 mixture? I haven't had any issues with copper, but when doing my 1st aluminum etch I had to mix a much less potent batch to prevent smoking, and it only took about 3 minutes to etch. Is that normal for you?

g-sus

Chaosss
Bass blender-splitter-fuzz-loop-booster

Taylor

Wow, really nice graphic. Nice job.

ca cat

QuoteThose are really nice enclosures. How are they constructed?

I am picturing two   |__|  shape pieces end on end to form a rectangle for the width/length dimension, and another set of  |__|'s that comprise the faceplate and backplate.  Is that right?

Yup, it is constructed just like that.
QuoteHave you experienced any smoking using the HCL/H2O2 mixture? I haven't had any issues with copper, but when doing my 1st aluminum etch I had to mix a much less potent batch to prevent smoking, and it only took about 3 minutes to etch. Is that normal for you?

Yes, there is smoke, very nasty... With copper and with steel, bou when etching steel in reverse etch way (like the BB preamp), there iz A LOT ot that nasty smoke and the etch is realy qouck - 3 min, like you said. It usualy uses all the acid, so whwn finished, the etchant is worn out.

g-sus

Death In Las Palmas

..another bass blender-splitter-fuzz-loop-booster  ;)

compuwade

Quote from: ca cat on May 03, 2010, 03:44:39 AM
Yes, there is smoke, very nasty... With copper and with steel, bou when etching steel in reverse etch way (like the BB preamp), there iz A LOT ot that nasty smoke and the etch is realy qouck - 3 min, like you said. It usualy uses all the acid, so whwn finished, the etchant is worn out.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong. When I etch my PCB's I never have any smoke and it etches much slower. I'm sure my mixture is wrong for the copper because it takes about 40 minutes to etch. But I'm ok with the slower etch as long as it works. I rather have the slower etch than the nasty smoke. :P

jkokura

Quote from: glops on May 01, 2010, 03:40:21 AM
Love the snow monster!

Dude. That's a Wampa.

(Am I a Star Wars Geek?!? Yes I am.)

Jacob

jacobyjd

lol...wait until you see the Bender ones :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

ca cat

Quote from: compuwade on May 03, 2010, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: ca cat on May 03, 2010, 03:44:39 AM

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong. When I etch my PCB's I never have any smoke and it etches much slower. I'm sure my mixture is wrong for the copper because it takes about 40 minutes to etch. But I'm ok with the slower etch as long as it works. I rather have the slower etch than the nasty smoke. :P

I usualy mix it this way:
1 part HCl + 1 part H2O2

that then presents 1 part of mixture an I add equal part of water

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: compuwade on May 01, 2010, 02:23:19 PM
I'm not sure what I'm gonna put in the enclosure yet...

You gotta put in a Bronx Cheer