News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaddux

Tremelo is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Flemish Brabant, in Flanders. The municipality comprises the towns of Baal and Tremelo proper. On January 1, 2006 Tremelo had a total population of 13,725. The total area is 21.57 km² which gives a population density of 636 inhabitants per km².

So does this mean it would be OK to to a Ned Flanders inspired Trem pedal?
;D
Completed Builds: A lot...

pete27

Finished this yesterday:

Tonebender Mk2 NPN Germanium with a Pre-Gain knob (Based off the Mindbender NPN schematic at fuzzcentral)
Sounds SOOOO good! Also used higher quality parts this time around from smallbear. Really happy with it :)

jmwreck

Hupla

Quote from: Galego on September 04, 2010, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: Hupla on September 04, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: ~arph on September 04, 2010, 07:32:19 AM
tremolo

eh...yeah it was... :(

:D (i'm sorry, but i lol'd. Hard.)

hahaha Im glad you lol at my misfortune :)

Ah I prefer spelling tremelo like that sure it's how its pronounced....eh yeah... that'll stick. :)

Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

deadastronaut

oh well..it still looks great'o nice etch'o tho!... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Labaris

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2010, 02:00:08 PM

Great pedal!

How did you put the names and the title? Is it toner?
A long way is the sum of small steps.

davent

As stunning as ever John! The last few pedlals you've shared with us are labelled, are you using the basic/generic waterslide decals or is there a better system out there that we need to know about?

Take care
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

davent

Hello,

An RFD, which is a popular overdrive circuit over at Wattkins Amp Forum. http://www.wattkins.com/forum

dave

Workboard (Thanks Mr. Lyons)

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

John Lyons

That looks great Dave! Nice colors and three tone.
The workboard works well huh?
I can't built without them.

Yeah, these are just full face water slide decals and lacquer.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

AM

John, you are a true artist man! You really are!

Labaris

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2010, 03:51:45 PM

water slide? what do you mean?

I can see the color of the paint didn't change with heat, how did you achieve that?
A long way is the sum of small steps.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2010, 03:51:45 PM

I kinda wonder how you used Lacquer. Is the enclosure powder coated? Also, what kind of water slide decal did you you that did not disintegrate when the Lacquer was applied? Every time I tried this, the decal just curled up and disintegrated.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Taylor

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 05, 2010, 06:01:36 PM

I kinda wonder how you used Lacquer. Is the enclosure powder coated? Also, what kind of water slide decal did you you that did not disintegrate when the Lacquer was applied? Every time I tried this, the decal just curled up and disintegrated.

I don't do decals too often, and I use enamel clear coat, but I have noticed that if I do the clear too soon after applying the decal, it will disintegrate and liquify my labels and they just drip right off the pedal like a Dali painting. So when I do clear over decals, I wait about an hour after applying the decal before doing the clear coat.

theundeadelvis

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 05, 2010, 06:01:36 PM

I've always used a rattle can of automotive lacquer over a full face waterslide just like what John did. I make sure the decal is completely dry (usually wait a couple hours) and then start spraying my coats of clear. I've never experienced any negative effects, and in fact the lacquer tends to soften the decal just enough to hide the edges extremely well.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

John Lyons

Yep, Lacquer is easy to use, dries fast and melts the decal just enough to hide the edges.
I usually wait a few hours after the decal dries. Depends on the weather though.
Spray light coats for the first couple if not all coats. Too much and you will dissolve the
toner on the decal. Light coats dry faster and tend not to soak into the toner as much
as heavy coats.

The base coat is power coating. Then I applied the water slide decal and then lacquer
top coats. No heat used after the decal went on.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2010, 06:35:40 PM
Yep, Lacquer is easy to use, dries fast and melts the decal just enough to hide the edges.
I usually wait a few hours after the decal dries. Depends on the weather though.
Spray light coats for the first couple if not all coats. Too much and you will dissolve the
toner on the decal. Light coats dry faster and tend not to soak into the toner as much
as heavy coats.

The base coat is power coating. Then I applied the water slide decal and then lacquer
top coats. No heat used after the decal went on.

Thanks John. I guess I just need to be a bit more patient.  :icon_redface:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hides-His-Eyes

Liking the wooden base board :)

where do you get those awesome tiny pots? I bet you could pack a 1590B with those...

tuckster

Sorry for asking this stupid question: what's the work board for?
Pre-assembly?
  • SUPPORTER