News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattthegamer463

Slade should be banned for his witchcraft.  Also for making everyone on the forum feel bad about their own workmanship.

~arph

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 02, 2010, 07:32:41 PM
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." - Diogenes of Sinope (412 BC - 323 BC)  ;)

That's a good quote.

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on September 02, 2010, 09:22:47 PM
Slade should be banned for his witchcraft.  Also for making everyone on the forum feel bad about their own workmanship.

I think you're referring to Mr. Lyons! ;D

jmwreck

Quote from: Slade on September 02, 2010, 07:08:35 PM
Quote from: ca cat on September 02, 2010, 10:37:47 AM
yes, etched aluminium faceplates.

Done by carefuly following the tutorial, made by The Etching Grand Master Slade  :D
Hey, glad I can help! Those etchings and Hupla's came out great :icon_biggrin:

Here's my latest, it's a MXR Noise Gate made with Tonepad's PCB, using Attenuation mod. Works like a charm...
This pedal is used at the end of the pedal chain, right after the effect loop and before the amp, so I thought about calling it "The Final Cut" and the orb is the logo of the band.

Regards,
Fernando.-

Well.. in fact it was Rick who gave me the "Final Cut" idea... I felt bad not recognizing his incredible creativity. Incredible for such an old man.

thats a nice looking pedal. i wonder with the build reports at tonepad about this pedal, is there really a build issue about this?  :)

Galego

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

what typo?.... ???

looks great..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

~arph

Hupla

Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

darron

after not being able to find it i immediately picked up my own diy tremolo to check!

haha. not so bad....
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Hupla

Quote from: darron on September 04, 2010, 11:14:02 AM
after not being able to find it i immediately picked up my own diy tremolo to check!

haha. not so bad....
Ill just give up....
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

Ronsonic

Good thing that's the name of the pedal and not a description of it. If it were a description, it would be a mis-spelling. But since it's the name of the thing, well, it's the name.

Besides, I owned an original Foxx Fuzz Wah, the one with the Octive switch.
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

theundeadelvis

99% percent of people won't know it's a typo, and look on the bright side, at least it's not a tattoo! It looks awesome, by the way.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Galego

frequencycentral

Bluff it out! Just come up with a plausible reason why you made the conscious decision to call it 'TAPTREMELO' and no one will question it. I've made a career out of retrospective justification of my errors.

(edited to corect spelling errors)
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

theundeadelvis

Say you named it after CarMELO Anthony.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Taylor

Fellas, it is obviously a pun combining the effect's name with the Belgian municipality of Tremelo. Hupla's just more clever and worldly than the rest of us.

Slade

I thought it was inspired on Tom Morello... but would have been "Morello Tap Tromello", so it's not.

In spanish the word for "huge" is "tremendo", so maybe it was inspired on that because it's a huge tremolo.

;D

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 04, 2010, 12:39:47 PM
Bluff it out! Just come up with a plausible reason why you made the conscious decision to call it 'TAPTREMELO' and no one will question it. I've made a career out of retrospective justification of my errors.

We like when you call your errors as "new pedal designs" ;)

frequencycentral

Quote from: Slade on September 04, 2010, 04:35:44 PM

Flame war!

@ Slade: Tu eres más feo que el culo de un mono!!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

tuckster

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 04, 2010, 04:41:20 PM
Quote from: Slade on September 04, 2010, 04:35:44 PM

Flame war!

@ Slade: Tu eres más feo que el culo de un mono!!

lol

translate.google.de says "tremelo" is "tremolo" in german. It doesn't matter from which language I translatete it into german... google can't be wrong they dominate the world!
  • SUPPORTER