Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NazzTazz

Quote from: Jdansti on June 07, 2012, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on June 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
Quote from: rousejeremy on June 07, 2012, 01:35:39 PM
I think there are twenty posts per page regardless of quotes.

Let's find out!*

(*heh.)

OK. Here's #20. The next one should be on a new page if the 20 per page theory holds.

Ok lets check it then.

Jdansti

Quote from: NazzTazz on June 07, 2012, 03:55:03 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on June 07, 2012, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on June 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
Quote from: rousejeremy on June 07, 2012, 01:35:39 PM
I think there are twenty posts per page regardless of quotes.

Let's find out!*

(*heh.)

OK. Here's #20. The next one should be on a new page if the 20 per page theory holds.

Ok lets check it then.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's official. It takes 20 posts to complete a page.  And we have 20 pages to go to reach 1000 pages. This means 400 more posts until the big day (actually 398 now). It took about 6 weeks to go from page 250 to 270, but of course, the amount of time that it will take to hit 1000 will depend on the number of posts per day.   It could go faster or slower depending on the number of posts that discuss how fast we are posting.  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

artifus

far too fast for some of us and not nearly fast enough for others it would appear. now, where did i put that towel?

davent

Thanks guys, much appreciated!  Was playing/experimenting with some new to me and readily available, waterbased paints and finishing materials. Starts out pretty rough but the clearcoat saves the day.

Take care
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

kato

Quote from: davent on June 07, 2012, 09:27:29 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!  Was playing/experimenting with some new to me and readily available, waterbased paints and finishing materials. Starts out pretty rough but the clearcoat saves the day.

Take care
dave

Dave, if you have the inclination and the means to shoot a short video of your process, I'm dying to see how you do it.
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

bean

The Kingslayer. Mostly a stripped down Klon with some clipping choices.

Jdansti

Quote from: bean on June 09, 2012, 01:04:01 PM
The Kingslayer. Mostly a stripped down Klon with some clipping choices.

Nice!  Are the knobs DIY or available somewhere?  The lettering looks the same as on the cover plate.
  • SUPPORTER

bean

I used a rubber stamp lettering kit with white Stazon ink for the knobs. Works pretty well if you are lazy like me and don't spend a lot of time dressing up you builds :)

Jdansti

Quote from: bean on June 09, 2012, 01:57:06 PM
I used a rubber stamp lettering kit with white Stazon ink for the knobs. Works pretty well if you are lazy like me and don't spend a lot of time dressing up you builds :)

Very clever idea!  Thanks for sharing! :)
  • SUPPORTER

nordicskiah

Fell down the rabbit hole - HARD. Here is my first pedal completed after 2 tries. 2 previous attempts on vero, then caved and ordered the PCB from MadBean. The pedal is a La Vache with the standard diodes suggested (2n3565 I think). I'm too embarrassed to show any gut shots.

I was really motivated after seeing Cloudscapes' posts/pedals and was inspired to do a similar paint job. Base of spray paint, then acrylic splashes. Paisley was hand drawn with a ball point pen on top of the acrylic. Finished with Envirotex Lite. I followed PMcG's instructions for guidance on the Envirotex.

Lots of lessons learned on my first pedal build. Big dreams to come. More pictures of the pedal before painting here.

Big thank you to MadBean/Brian and Cloudscapes for the inspiration/motivation!

P.S. Decided to not label volume and gain after trying out my fancy handwriting on paper ^_^

Jdansti

Quote from: nordicskiah on June 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM
Fell down the rabbit hole - HARD. Here is my first pedal completed after 2 tries. 2 previous attempts on vero, then caved and ordered the PCB from MadBean. The pedal is a La Vache with the standard diodes suggested (2n3565 I think). I too embarrassed to show any gut shots.

I was really motivated after seeing Cloudscapes' posts/pedals and was inspired to do a similar paint job. Base of spray paint, then acrylic splashes. Paisley was hand drawn with a ball point pen on top of the acrylic. Finished with Envirotex Lite. I followed PMcG's instructions for guidance on the Envirotex.

Lots of lessons learned on my first pedal build. Big dreams to come. More pictures of the pedal before painting here.

Big thank you to MadBean/Brian and Cloudscapes for the inspiration/motivation!

P.S. Decided to not label volume and gain after trying out my fancy handwriting on paper ^_^

Beautiful!
  • SUPPORTER

artifus

+1! good work! was about to mention cloudscapes then actually read your post. well done.

Al Heeley

Final custom delay pedal build for our guitarist, he wanted a jagermeister-themed enclosure. This is the rebote 2.5 tonepad pcb circuit, no mods.
Here with perspex glowplate being positioned, you can see the single LED in the centre poking thru with its domed top sanded flat.
Enclosure graphics

You can get a near-endless delay repeat on max setting, with some analog tail-off of the high freqs as delay time increases. PT2399 chip gives max delay time of about 550ms. A good project build and the tonepad pcb's are great quality.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

midwayfair

^ Ball point pen! I didn't even know that was possible. Looks really nice, too.

This weekend's enboxening, a Runoff Groove tri-vibe:

This circuit really sounds beautiful in the "Whirl" setting, and not quite like anything else I've ever heard. The Swirl setting is also very cool, something like a combination of phaser and vibrato and vaguely reminiscent of a harmonic tremolo. The actual Vibe setting is nice but not throbby like a real optical circuit. I might try swapping out the chips (especially the 13600 for a 13700), but it's fairly quiet right now and I haven't had a ton of time to experiment.

I shrank the perfboard layout, which was originally made for a 1590BB. It was still a slightly tight fit. This project took a ridiculously long time (almost 16 hours, including 3 hours of debugging the circuit that turned out to just be a missing jumper) and I would just buy an etch if I were ever going to make another one (I didn't realize until I was almost done the project that there even WAS an etch layout). The indicator LED blinks in time with the rate, of course. Perfs are never pretty on the flip side, but this one is absurd -- jumpers all over the place.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

cloudscapes

Quote from: nordicskiah on June 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM

Just noticed the nice knobs, too.  :icon_biggrin: Boss middle? Did you get the problem where the epoxy oozes down the side slit?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Nikolay

Hi, guys. Here are 2 new projects from N-audio

This is bass preamp with independent boost control and 3 band EQ with middle freq pot

And another custom switching unit:

Niki

Thomeeque

Impressive as always, Niki! :)

After long time I did something stompy again, relatively quick and dirty custom multi-fx for my new bandmate with stuff he currently needs (and cannot afford to buy any soon) ..so even my own EM3207 has got finally boxed :D

Little more photos here..

It will get powder-coated later yet, and some better sticker, but we need to use it already now.

Cheers, T.

Update - wiring diagram:

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

sugonidamaso

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 10, 2012, 09:02:51 AM
Impressive as always, Niki! :)

After long time I did something stompy again, relatively quick and dirty custom multi-fx for my new bandmate with stuff he currently needs (and cannot afford to buy any soon) ..so even my own EM3207 has got finally boxed :D

Little more photos here..

It will get powder-coated later yet, and some better sticker, but we need to use it already now.

Cheers, T.

Great Job T! Always an admirer of your work! May I ask how did you do the wiring? Please? Thank you!
" The greatest inspiration is often born out of desperation--so be DESPERATE! "