News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

I used to do cold transfers when making my boards. I print the layouts on glossy paper, wait a few days before doing the transfer - don't know why, but transfers done 1 week after printing the layout went way better than 1 day printed layouts, this was tested by a few more people and we got the same results. Before the actual transfer, I scratch the back of the paper with a knife and clean the board with alcohol. I place the paper on the board, then drop some acetone directly on the back of the paper, being careful to don't let any acetone go between the paper and the board. Then I get anything that can be used as a roller - a cup, a deodorant, a piece of pipe - and roll all over the paper with some presure. Let it naturally dry, then without removing the paper I put some more acetone and do the rolling again. After it dry for the 2nd time, I drop the board in a cup with water to remove the paper. The results are good, and the whole process is easier than iron transfer, but using glossy paper the toner came grey-ish. I believe it's because of the paper itself, since even my iron transfers came grey-ish.

patrick398

Maybe it's time i gave this another try. I use the back paper of vinyl sticker sheets which seem to work well and shouldn't contain as much paper fiber so hopefully less greying...
This is especially appealing as i'd like to avoid melting the shiny new painted enclosures i'm buying

Marcos - Munky

Probably the results will be way better with this paper. I used the back paper of a A4 sized sticker in a iron transfer once and I remember the transfered toner was darker than glossy paper. Didn't tried to do acetone transfer with this paper.

deadastronaut

yeah its the fibres that grey it,  shiney sticker backing is probably ideal,

if a little delicate to handle...well worth a shot though. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

patrick398

darron

haven't shared anything for a while. might get a kick out of this :)

zvex box of rock clone, layout from Madbean.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

bluebunny

Quote from: darron on June 20, 2018, 01:00:54 AM
"haven't shared anything for a while"       

That's the way we like it, Darron.  This one is far too good and it makes the rest of us look really bad!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

patrick398

Box of co*k? Very nice! Single colour for off-board wiring...you're a braver man than I! How did you get the textured finish? And how are the graphics applied?

darron

Quote from: patrick398 on June 20, 2018, 05:46:27 AM
Box of co*k? Very nice! Single colour for off-board wiring...you're a braver man than I! How did you get the textured finish? And how are the graphics applied?

thanks. I'm usually lazy with only using one colour of wire :)

it's laser engrave powder coating. powder is from a local company, Dulux. It's really a great finish because it's tough as anything and covers up any small blemishes. that company also makes some really awesome veins and hammer powders for retro stuff.

bluebunny

Box of co*k?

LOL!  But "Boks of cock", surely?   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER

darron

Quote from: bluebunny on June 20, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
Box of co*k?

somebody else please build this one now hehe. can't waste a good name.

temol

Jfet preamp Engl E530 with headphones amp and cabsim.

T.

vigilante397

Quote from: darron on June 20, 2018, 01:00:54 AM

I love everything you have ever made and this is no exception 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

patrick398

Quote from: darron on June 20, 2018, 06:48:06 AM
Box of co*k?

I have one i made a while ago...i also have a sharpie and a penchant for rude doodles.

bluebunny

Quote from: patrick398 on June 20, 2018, 06:04:02 PM
Quote from: darron on June 20, 2018, 06:48:06 AM
Box of co*k?

I have one i made a while ago...i also have a sharpie and a penchant for rude doodles.

You've said it, Patrick, so now you have to do it.  It's the law.   :icon_twisted:    ;D ;D ;D
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

Warning: This pedal contains graphics that some viewers may find disturbing

patrick398

Damn looks like the forum's 'modesty filter' has scrambled it  ;)

bluebunny

Quote from: patrick398 on June 21, 2018, 03:49:09 AM

It's only a bunch of domestic fowl, fer goodness sake!  ...  Isn't it??   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on June 21, 2018, 08:57:25 AM
Quote from: patrick398 on June 21, 2018, 03:49:09 AM

It's only a bunch of domestic fowl, fer goodness sake!  ...  Isn't it??   :icon_eek:

looks like his bocs burst.
don't make me draw another line.

BluffChill

Just finished my latest - the Hyper Light 2 (it's a delay with ringmod in the delay path)

Thread here! https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=119498.0
Kits & Pedals! EctoVerb - HyperLight - Shagpile - http://bluffchilldevices.bigcartel.com/