News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankot

Thanks, I'm happy you like my design :) I have painted this box in white myself, then printed decal on my home printer. However, I am not 100% satisfied with a result, cause my paint isn't perfect, so decal didn't stick uniformly. There are small inconsistencies in colour due to that fact. Next time I will go to UV print service in my town for not so perfect boxes. On the other hand, I have started to order pre painted boxes from Tayda, because the are really perfect and not much expensive than unpainted ones.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

thermionix

Quote from: rankot on May 03, 2018, 01:37:46 AM
pre painted boxes from Tayda, because the are really perfect

I wouldn't say perfect, but wayyy better than my paint jobs.  I use them, also Small Bear's.  PPP has a great looking selection of finishes, but quite expensive, so I haven't tried them yet.  Maybe for a paying customer, I try to stay cheap for my own stuff.

glops

Don't get to build too much these days but here's a couple I just finished:

Fox Tone Machine -

Parasit Studio Corruptor Rind Mod:

ElectricDruid

Those look fabulous, Glops. Nice work.

I particularly like the two colours on the Corruptor. The very "distressed" look really suits those pedals. Great stuff.

glops

Quote from: ElectricDruid on May 04, 2018, 01:49:28 PM
Those look fabulous, Glops. Nice work.

I particularly like the two colours on the Corruptor. The very "distressed" look really suits those pedals. Great stuff.

Thanks very much!

thermionix

Tycobrahe Octavia clone.  I built it into one of Small Bear's "single button/undrilled" footswitch boxes.  My first (and LAST) steel box build.  My drill bits (and skills) showed their limitations, but I pulled it off "good enough."  Had to use more washers than I would like to cover the shred aroung the holes.  Some scratches too, oh well.  Knobs are stand-ins until I come up with something better.  Nickel plated?  Dunno.  It's robust and sounds great, that's what matters.  Has some weight to it, like a ProCo Rat.

thermionix

I made him a little ugly friend.  Gutted my Green Ringer clone and put a silicon Fuzz Face in the box.  Battery is north of the pot instead of south of the footswitch, so a little goofy looking.  Transistors are house-numbered NPNs from a dead 1967 Silvertone SS amp, which also donated the knob.  Sounds good, very close to a germanium.

rankot

Tres Hombres, schematic from this site's archive, my PCB and box design. Interesting germanium fuzzy sound, I used Chinese 3AX31C transistors.

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

BluffChill

My latest design - an envelope controlled double-tracking/chorus pedal.
Two knob, one switch. Top LED lights up with the envelope :)

Full info about this WIP on my https://bluffchilldevices.blogspot.co.uk/ blog.
Kits & Pedals! EctoVerb - HyperLight - Shagpile - http://bluffchilldevices.bigcartel.com/

Marcos - Munky

7th build of 2018. A friend asked me for a fuzz that's "noisy", so I built him 2 Devi Ever fuzzes in series. I don't remember the exact names, but they're basically built around the Soda Meiser, one with a switch to choose between 2 different transistors and the other one with noise and chaos mods.

rankot

Built this one just from curiosity - and it's a definitive keeper! Really, really nice distortion, for both guitar and bass. Added Ge/Si switch.

Colorsound Bass Fuzz orange Astec edition  8)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Now it's my turn :)

Krank Krankenbox in a black/silver finish. Version deluxe, with cabsim and headphones amplifier.

And meet the Krank brothers

T.

rankot

What's Krank Krankenbox? Looks interesting. And your 5150 is really beautiful pedal, inspired me to make Acoustic 220/360 preamps in 1590BB format.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

It's a jfet higain preamp based on Krankenstein.

T.

temol

Finally managed to finish second GTFO. Bigger enclosure, tubes inside the box.

T.

rankot

Cylon design, mean!  :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

italianguy63

Temol, how did you cut the slots so clean?  CNC?

Looks awesome!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

temol

Yes, it's a CNC work. 
ps. It's a pity that The original g.t.f.o thread has been locked by the author. I'm going to post sort of a build doc soon, not sure yet where to put the file.

T.

rankot

Make another thread. Is it something bigger than 1590BB?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Is it something bigger than 1590BB?

Yep. It's 1590XX.

T.