News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daverdave

Just finished this today, it's a stripped down Intersound IVP with two of the parametric eq sections which can be switched between two bands. I got UV printed enclosures from JD music, it's the first time I've done artwork properly so I'm pretty happy with it. My photogrtaphy skills need some work.

captaincoconut

Finished this Zonk Machine clone over the Christmas days. Printing done @Tayda.

garcho

^ cool late 70s/early 80s look! (I hope that's not offensive, it's a compliment in my book :)) And bravo outsourcing the printing, nice job.

Their rates look reasonable, too. Nice to see it came it out well. Those printers are $15k+, some are nearly $100k, cool to have a group-funded DIY resource (group as in their customer base) that would normally be far out of range for anyone but trust funders and investment bankers, not too many of those in the diy stompbox house, I'm guessing.

And nice work as well Dave U., that's a handsome pedal, looks a little bit like those Eventide factor series pedals, bravo
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

vigilante397

Quote from: garcho on December 28, 2020, 03:00:10 PM
Those printers are $15k+, some are nearly $100k, cool to have a group-funded DIY resource (group as in their customer base) that would normally be far out of range for anyone but trust funders and investment bankers, not too many of those in the diy stompbox house, I'm guessing.

I have a "low-end" model UV printer, you can get them for about $3k. Doesn't make sense for everyone, but I do a lot of build volume and it makes sense for me to have one in-house.

To clarify I'm not a trust funder or investment banker, but I found a profitable niche with my pedals :P

Quote from: captaincoconut on December 28, 2020, 02:23:01 PM

Love this, very tidy inside and out.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

I don't think I've posted any of these on here, but I'm starting to get more demand for them. Orange AD200B preamp with a 6N21B tube in a 1590B. Powdercoat, UV print, SMD, blah blah blah

When the light hits the solder flux just right :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

captaincoconut

Quote from: garcho on December 28, 2020, 03:00:10 PM
^ cool late 70s/early 80s look! (I hope that's not offensive, it's a compliment in my book :)) And bravo outsourcing the printing, nice job.

Their rates look reasonable, too. Nice to see it came it out well. Those printers are $15k+, some are nearly $100k, cool to have a group-funded DIY resource (group as in their customer base) that would normally be far out of range for anyone but trust funders and investment bankers, not too many of those in the diy stompbox house, I'm guessing.
I wasn't going for an era specific look (well, the logo is a slightly modified version of the original), but now that you say it I can't unsee it. ;D

Quote from: vigilante397 on December 28, 2020, 07:20:37 PMLove this, very tidy inside and out.
Thank you, love your build as well!

duck_arse

I like those knobs - I've only ever seen them [many years ago] in white.
don't make me draw another line.

patrick398

When/if tayda start offering a PCB fab service along with the parts, enclosures, drilling, powdercoating, and silk screening, we're going to have to change the name of this forum to taydastompboxes.com  :icon_lol:

captaincoconut

Quote from: duck_arse on December 29, 2020, 09:13:34 AM

I like those knobs - I've only ever seen them [many years ago] in white.
They are Cliff FC1610 knobs in case you want to buy some.

rankot

6N17B-V based bass preamp. Had some trouble fixing SMPS, but Dexter helped me. Still have a little noise issue - when input is grounded, it is dead quiet, but when guitar or bass is plugged in, there is some buzz - not strong, but I'll be more happy without it. Maybe because it's not boxed, so I will try to put it into enclosure and see what happens.

Mary Christmas and Happy New 2021 to everyone!

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

bamslam69

Finally finished the pedal I started back in February (when I was in isolation awaiting a negative Covid test result)
BMP NYC edition.
My carefactor definitely reflects in the enclosure art, but considering I've got shaky hands I think it looks cool.
Likes go out to anyone who can identify the car. (copied off a google image - I have an idea what it is).

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

davent

Quote from: bamslam69 on December 30, 2020, 10:42:36 PM
Finally finished the pedal I started back in February (when I was in isolation awaiting a negative Covid test result)
BMP NYC edition.
My carefactor definitely reflects in the enclosure art, but considering I've got shaky hands I think it looks cool.
Likes go out to anyone who can identify the car. (copied off a google image - I have an idea what it is).

1967 Plymouth Fury sedan...

...maybe...

I like your rendition!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

willienillie

duck_arse

goat.

pontiac parisienne?

bamslam69

Quote from: davent on December 30, 2020, 11:32:52 PM
Quote from: bamslam69 on December 30, 2020, 10:42:36 PM
BMP NYC edition.

1967 Plymouth Fury sedan...

...maybe...

I like your rendition!
dave
Thanks Dave. It's what I thought. Not many with vertical twin headlights.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

deadastronaut

wheres the 3mm warm white led headlights?...and red n blue 3mm's on top... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

that plymouth looks so much like a Valiant Pacer, except when you look at pacer pictures. none with double overheadlights.

bamslam69

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 31, 2020, 09:10:46 AM
I know! Honestly didn't think about it till after I drilled that nasty big 5mm led!
I'll see what I can do to it at some point. I found some smaller 3mm led mounts afterwards
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

Rob Strand

*NOT* my pedal but a cool idea,

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

deadastronaut

Quote from: bamslam69 on December 31, 2020, 05:17:10 PM
Quote from: deadastronaut on December 31, 2020, 09:10:46 AM
I know! Honestly didn't think about it till after I drilled that nasty big 5mm led!
I'll see what I can do to it at some point. I found some smaller 3mm led mounts afterwards

cool..no need for mounts, just 3mm hole, and a little glue around the edge of the hole, pop in the led...
i havent used led bezels for years now... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//