News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phend

Hum, double II, shall leave it, else take 2 min 14 sec to laser another.
Anyway good ketch. Maybe yank the 2N3904's and replace with 2N9823's since I am the only one Owing those.
  • SUPPORTER+
Hum

Phend

Inching along..

• SUPPORTER+
Hum

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Phend on March 15, 2024, 03:07:44 PMInching along..

It's like some plastic fantastic Kandy Kolored trip from the sixties...Only the carpet isn't getting the vibe. Still, when the acid kicks in I'm sure it'll light up, and those patterns will crawl up the walls...

Slightly more seriously, you're not feeling the need to clone anything more *modern*?!? Am I right in thinking the Orange Squeezer is the most recent thing on there? (I can't see what the bright lime-yellow one is, sorry). And what have you got planned for the rest of the top row?

Phend

YES, the late 60s mid 70's, I was there and did that and today I am glad I did.  :icon_eek:  :o  8)
Just like those old fashioned effects, that ain't available today like it was back then.
I guess you can clone / simi-copy those old effects which I have attempted.
The Ole classics, are more suitable for my old age, newbie skills. But I like building them.
Plastic face plates can be replaced in a minute. Flexible.
Chorus, rebote delay and tube screamer are next. Harmonic percolator is the lime one.

BTW you won't find another assembly like this. Lol, I made em all.
  • SUPPORTER+
Hum

stallik

My pedalboard has become somewhat bloated. In fact, my whole setup is a bit silly really but then, that's half the fun. Only a bedroom player now - that's why I need a three amp setup?  :icon_eek: Mostly, I'm playing through only 2 (wet/dry) and the 3rd comes into play for May type multiple delay shenanigans.

Wiring is spaghetti like under my home made boards and pretty hard to figure out which cable goes where every time I want to make a change so I mapped it all out (again - I keep loosing the printout)

3 amps, no hum and the entire board is powered off daisy chained 9v except one 12v pedal and a separate supply for the blinking lights on the front of the boards. Really quiet apart from background noise on a couple of pedals. Gilmour swishes away quietly and my much modified May I? has a low background hiss which sounds so much like a flat out amp it adds to the effect. Extra box bottom left is a speaker phase reverse switch. Necessary as 2 of the pedals have inverted outputs and I can't be bothered to change that...

really only posting this so I know where to find a copy of the wiring diagram ;)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

dano12

Well it's been a while! What did I miss?

Here's a work in progress. A big muff pi but with each stage swappable. Different plug-ins for each stage and a swappable tone stack.

mozz

Found these in some gutted outdated test equipment.  Part of a build as soon as the boards get here.

• SUPPORTER

Phend

Another Tube Screamer.
Thanks GGG for the circuit.
Plugged it in and nothing, not even clean.
Found mono jack's tip connector was mfg / assem wrong.
It was bent so it contacted the gnd of the plug and not the tip.
Easy fix, unbend / bend it correctly. Weird that one.
Added C3 bypass for Fat.
And used those uncommon 1N914 diodes.
Nice.

• SUPPORTER+
Hum

Baran Ismen

Board = Ikea shelf, forgot the name, though.

Kidney Stone (s. Stone),
Choralis (ce2),
Aslothanout(sg1),
Cosmic Roarer(Dual Modded TS (808/9 and 3-way clipping),
Fortune Wheel(StompLFO + TapLFO) are DIY's. BMP and Bassballs are not here yet, they need new & smaller enclosures.

Fed with a 9V 3A adapter, using 2x Joyo Noise Blocker for Mooer X2 and M-Wave Mini Universe to cut the whining due daisy chain. XP-100 has its own 9V AC.

zbt

I want to mark here for the next two decades, long live diystompboxes  :icon_mrgreen:

My First DOH!

Ben N

Quote from: zbt on April 07, 2024, 08:20:53 AMI want to mark here for the next two decades, long live diystompboxes  :icon_mrgreen:

My First DOH!
True P2P! You don't see much of that any more. Beautiful job! How doe the top hold up to stomping?
  • SUPPORTER

Phend

Rebote Delay 2.5 with PT2399 :
Top should probably be a different color.
Easy to make another.
Good for now though.

• SUPPORTER+
Hum

zbt

stallik

This afternoons effort. A new slide, similar to a Jet Slide but DIY and fitted to work round my wedding ring.
Used 8mm brass bar as that was the widest that would comfortably fit between my fingers. Works and sounds great
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Focalized

Hey been quite awhile since I posted here. Started building some new stuff. Some kits and have a bunch of layouts I want to make. Here's some pics of some new ones. Yes I like swirls. Most were kits so I didn't bother with the insides they just look like they should. Sorry for the big post. I'll go one or two at a time once I finish more. 
  GGG Octave Fuzz
  Stewmac Tape Delay
  SWAH
  Phase 90
  Sabotage Distortion
  Tone Bender variant
  Tone Bender MKII with bias

Matthew Sanford

I got a 50 pack of imitation, I think these 4 win the ride (don't remember Elton in the story, but...). Considered just the heads, thinking better this way

These were the other candidates

"The only knowledge is knowing you know nothing" - that Sew Crates guy

Controlled Chaos Fx

duck_arse

don't make me draw another line.

Matthew Sanford

That guy is the closest I could find to Arnie. My wife Ruby just said Ronald McDonald should drive, I said the KFC worker gets shotgun, she said turn Ronnie into It... decisions, decisions...good thing they're not glued down yet.
"The only knowledge is knowing you know nothing" - that Sew Crates guy

Controlled Chaos Fx

Phend

Adding black behind florescent is a good idea.

• SUPPORTER+
Hum

Mac Walker

Fuzz Factory and a RAT pedal for my friend Dave.

CNC engraved on a machine normally used for guitar making, no level compensation.