SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostsauce

custom 3 channel preamp

tootsMcgee

Quote from: Focalized on April 25, 2024, 05:09:52 AMMarshall Shredmaster yay.

The purple is SO cool. Did you paint the perfboard? Lovely build

Focalized

ghostsauce

Quote from: Focalized on May 09, 2024, 06:35:40 PMInside?

...it's not pretty but it's bulletproof
left side (clean) is an ROG tonemender, right side is a dr boogie with a switch for secondary gain/volume pots letting me get a 3rd channel out of it

sound clip with this thing plugged straight into the fx loop return of my marshall origin 50c:

Focalized

Quote from: ghostsauce on May 09, 2024, 06:42:57 PM

left side (clean) is an ROG tonemender, right side is a dr boogie with a switch for secondary gain/volume pots letting me get a 3rd channel out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeR_a973TJQ

Damn, look at those thick wires. Mojo.

Focalized

Quote from: tootsMcgee on May 09, 2024, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: Focalized on April 25, 2024, 05:09:52 AMMarshall Shredmaster yay.

The purple is SO cool. Did you paint the perfboard? Lovely build
Yeah. Veroboard is ugly. The ones with the line spacing. I try and make things as much a creative activity my skills permit to pass the time.

ghostsauce

Quote from: Focalized on May 09, 2024, 06:45:31 PM
Quote from: ghostsauce on May 09, 2024, 06:42:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeR_a973TJQ

Damn, look at those thick wires. Mojo.

big wires big tone right? somebody told me that once  :D

antonis

Quote from: ghostsauce on May 09, 2024, 06:42:57 PM...it's not pretty but it's bulletproof

Shielded wires are good.. :icon_wink:
Electrical tape and long electros legs no bueno.. :icon_mrgreen:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

ghostsauce

Quote from: antonis on May 10, 2024, 04:47:49 AM
Quote from: ghostsauce on May 09, 2024, 06:42:57 PM...it's not pretty but it's bulletproof

Shielded wires are good.. :icon_wink:
Electrical tape and long electros legs no bueno.. :icon_mrgreen:

haha hey man i warned you it wasn't pretty! It's alright though, this thing will outlive me

daverdave

I've been eager to make another modded vintage polychorus clone for a while now, since I wanted to improve same of the features of it, looks and sounds a lot better than my first attempt!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: daverdave on May 14, 2024, 02:55:14 AM

Fantastic work! That's production-ready, that is!!

daverdave

Quote from: ElectricDruid on May 14, 2024, 07:30:21 AMFantastic work! That's production-ready, that is!!

Ah thanks very much Tom, that's very kind of ya! I've definitely kinda 'standardised' on how I lay out a lot of my boards, so it makes it much easier to build, I was never very good at doing neat wiring. This one has three PCBs though.

Focalized

Zendrive. Have none of the expensive hi-fi type ICs usually used. Most of the regular cheap ones sound the same but good. It seemed too bassy with the 0.47uf input so I put a 0.047uf and a .01uf cap on a switch. Still not much difference. Continuing my sloppy painted symbol theme I somehow like.

tootsMcgee

Glow-up on my Aion Heliodor (Boss OD-3). This board has been THRASHED by me. I had to unsolder the 3DPT and boy that took ages. Lots of capacitor scars and pogostick boards. These days I am confident enough in my SMD skills to do the little transistors flat onto the board.

Cleaned up offboard wiring. Expect sound demo/better pics in Tootsposting in the future.

mozz

I shall be good for 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 ohms and 1200 watts now. A few parts for builds.

• SUPPORTER

tootsMcgee

@Aion you mad lad. You absolute unit. How did you get this !@#$ thing into a 125B? It defies physics.

The Blueshift (DC-2) is done. Two months of work off and on and occasionally waiting for parts. Worked first try. It still needs biasing but it's close enough for jazz at the moment.

The build was ALMOST flawless...I made one mistake...I used my existing stash of 10uF caps. Guess what? They're like 2mm too tall. When faced with the opportunity to play the pedal now vs wait for shorter ones to ship from Mouser, I did the pragmatic thing and just bent them over like they all are in my old tape recorder. Who's gonna see it? It's not like it's going to be posted on the internet or anything.

Enclosure is bare aluminum for now because I couldn't find a vibrant/metallic blue I liked that was in stock and not from Tayda.

tootsMcgee

Echo Base 1590BB.

I've never built in a 1590BB before so I had to make my own drill template and kinda figure out where everything goes. The only thing I'm not happy about is the floating LEDs (and it turns out I didn't really need the second one because the circuit makes the first one pulse when the LFO is on). Lesson learned!

I really need to try out these waterslide decals I bought and forgot about...

Focalized

Quote from: tootsMcgee on May 31, 2024, 06:30:14 PMEcho Base 1590BB.

I've never built in a 1590BB before so I had to make my own drill template and kinda figure out where everything goes. The only thing I'm not happy about is the floating LEDs (and it turns out I didn't really need the second one because the circuit makes the first one pulse when the LFO is on). Lesson learned!

I really need to try out these waterslide decals I bought and forgot about...

I always hate wiring the LEDs unless they're part of the printed board. I've got some tricks to keep them in the metal bezels without using glue. I don't get those metal bezels where the little plastic insert just falls out. I should look to see what others do.

I made a bunch of pedals with water slides some time ago but were too much trouble. I have very bad luck with printers. And now I regret getting a cheap HP printer that is WIFI only and have to send files to my phone to get it to work. Printers are the most frustrating modern technology unless you pay big money.

Focalized

D.A.M. Sonic Titan and Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh. Both sound great. The Titan was an old box with an extra hole. Thought of trying a sound2light maybe. Don't know if anything is worth putting on a switch.

bamslam69

My first 1590A build - EQD Arrows. I built the circuit over a year ago, but needed the previous larger housing for something else.

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah