News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

OK Russ.. it could be a Kübelwagen or VW thing too.. but, they weren't as fast as depicted in Jon's rendering.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

duck_arse

goggo mobile? (not the dart.)
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Jdansti

I'd say a late 40's early 50's roadster.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

midwayfair

You guys are hilarious.

It's a 60s Porche convertible, but I'm sure there are other cars with a similar enough body type. I wasn't too concerned about strict realism!

Rob, if it was a jag, I would have painted it like the Union Jack and the tag would say "Shaguar."
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

italianguy63

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 20, 2015, 06:36:24 AM
Rob.  Definitely a convertible.  Based on the rear end, either a Porche or a Saab.

MC

I win!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

Damn it....

i,m nicking shaguar... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

if it was a jag, all the caps would be leaky.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

~arph

Latest creation. Boost stage into a fuzz face with variable clipping diodes at the end. Sounds fantastic. Big range of tones.

Bonus points for guessing the graphics inspiration

duck_arse

well, I dunno why the lampshade is on fire, but it's a good look.

~arph

It's a reference to a song  ;)

deadastronaut

is it ''my ikea light is on fire so i'm off to saturn'' by shirley bassey's old band ''the fruitcakes?''

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

~arph

Something like that. Song is called 'lampshades on fire' by modest mouse

italianguy63

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 22, 2015, 01:17:32 PM
is it ''my ikea light is on fire so i'm off to saturn'' by shirley bassey's old band ''the fruitcakes?''

I thought it was "I'm drunk at a party with a flaming lampshade on my head, and I'm off to Uranus."  by the $#@&Heads.

;D ;D ;D

MC

bluebunny

If you turn it round, it looks like some Cossack dude with a TV aerial or summat on his hat...   ???

No explanation for the rocket, though...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cozybuilder

Maybe its just a Cossack fly
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

lars-musik

Finally. This one took forever. A neighboring guitarist uttered (I hope, he really meant it), he'd like a Russian Big Muff combined with a tonestacked Tonebender.

As an exercise I layed out the GGG Toneburner and the GGG Russian Big Muff anew and threw in a Rangemaster for good measure (the combination of the Rangemaster with either Tonebender or Big Muff sounds really good). The whole thing looks a wee bit untidy. It is very quite nonetheless. Next time I'll spend more time on the placing of the potentiometer pads (I am no Francisco, unfortunately)

It contains a ICL7660S voltage invereter for the Tonebender and the Rangemaster, so the whole pedal is powerd by a standard PSU.

The pedal contains some extra switches: The Tonebender sports a "Normal – Tame" switch, that biases the Q1 collector to about -8V in the "Tame" mode and about -4,5V in the "Normal" mode. The trannies are AC128Ks. Hfe Q1=60, Q2=80, Q3=108. The Q2 emitter cap is switchable with the 1p12t switch with a huge range of quite dark to wah-pedal -stuck-at-the-top sounding. Quite nice for cutting soli, I guess.

The Big Muff has both back-to-back diode pairs switchable. This makes the pedal very versatile because it can be stacked much better without one or two clipping stages.

The Rangemaster has a additional 4n7 cap for the "Full" mode (should be called "Fuller" because it is still not a linear booster).

The circuits are connected by switched jacks. So if you plug it in as is, the order is Rangemaster->Tonebender->Big Muff, but they can be tapped individually and re-ordered with patch cables.

I think that's it.

duck_arse

wow, lars, that's some wiring. looks like you've got a snail problem, too.

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 22, 2015, 02:39:37 PM
Quote from: deadastronaut on June 22, 2015, 01:17:32 PM

I thought it was "I'm drunk at a party with a flaming lampshade on my head, and I'm off to Uranus."  by the $#@&Heads.

;D ;D ;D

MC

is the $#@&Heads DA's (the other) new band? I heard he was doing a duo with someone.

now, how do we work this like thing? push one for yourself, mark. and wouldn't the cossack fly need a hoss?

Cozybuilder

Inspiration for this pedal came from a 1968 V828 Vox ToneBender. The look is just right, so I decided to adapt the basic 1590B wedgie to emulate this pedal. The circuit is a Mark II Professional, using Germanium NPN transistors (Russian MP35) in all 3 slots. Overall  I'm happy with how it turned out. Thanks to Electric Warrior for setting me on the right track to getting this biased right.

I'll be posting some shots of the wedgie fabrication in the "wedgies anyone?" thread in the next day or so.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Luke51411

Cozy... No you didn't! Wow that's dedication. Looks great.