News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

Agreed, for aesthetics try blue carpet next time.

The box is ace though!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

Quote from: Luke51411 on July 06, 2015, 09:00:41 AM
Quote from: vigilante397 on July 06, 2015, 02:27:08 AM
Not sure if this "counts," but this is a commercial pedal I bought (Mooer Pure Octave) that I LOVED the sound of but HATED the look of, so I sanded it down and refinished it, and I consider it a huge improvement. With a Fuzz Factory in front of it (the only way to use it, in my opinion) with both upper and both lower octaves it sounds a bit like a church organ, so I nicknamed it ORGANIC. Hands down the best $60 I've ever spent and it will probably stay on my board forever.

A+ on the enclosure
C on the carpet, it does the job but nothing more  ;D

Is that a broken off tooth from the "Hangover" in the bottom left?  Looks like somebody's veneer....  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 06, 2015, 07:10:41 AM
much better than the horrible turd with a piece of sweetcorn stuck in it look...

Agreed. The only thing that can make the ugly brown box look worse is the hideous almost-white knob.

Quote from: Luke51411 on July 06, 2015, 09:00:41 AM
C on the carpet, it does the job but nothing more  ;D

I have to agree there as well. We have an unfinished basement so the carpet down there is just whatever scraps we could get for free arranged in no particular order. A classy blue carpet would have been marvelous 8)

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 06, 2015, 09:27:27 AM
Is that a broken off tooth from the "Hangover" in the bottom left?  Looks like somebody's veneer....  MC

I had to run downstairs and remember where I took the picture to find out what it was because it definitely looks like a tooth :P but it's a scrap of double-stick tape, which is what I use to hold enclosures onto the bed of the CNC machine.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thomasha

Last build:
double delay for stereo/parallel/series use with tails (rebote 2.5) , modulation (from the magnus modulus), Tremolo between opamp stages (like the tremulus lune), and a light/dark controled wah-wah, like the lightwah.

I built this for a friend (he just asked for a stereo delay with modulation), since the LFO was already there I did some extra stuff.
The box is a 125, a little bigger than a 1590b and I ran out of knobs during the process

Cheers,
Thomas

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: thomasha on July 06, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
Last build:
double delay for stereo/parallel/series use with tails (rebote 2.5) , modulation (from the magnus modulus), Tremolo between opamp stages (like the tremulus lune), and a light/dark controled wah-wah, like the lightwah.

I built this for a friend (he just asked for a stereo delay with modulation), since the LFO was already there I did some extra stuff.
The box is a 125, a little bigger than a 1590b and I ran out of knobs during the process

Cheers,
Thomas
Somebody bought some dc power plugs from tayda. I have some too but have yet to do anything with them.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

ASchmalex

Last build:

Cheers,
Thomas
Cool! Gotta admit I'm a sucker for any little box that has more knobs and switches than I have fingers.[emoji3]

bluebunny

Wow!  I'm glad I wasn't the one wiring that lot up!  And you ran out of knobs?  What else were you going to add??    :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

^ is this the entry for the ''how much can i squeeze into a 1590b competition''?..

you win.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 07, 2015, 05:35:36 AM
^ is this the entry for the ''how much can i squeeze into a 1590b competition''?..

you win.. 8)
Look closer d'Astro, it's a 125 enclosure, still wins, just another competition :D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

italianguy63

What does the photocell do?!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

thomasha

the LDR is for the Deadastronaut's lightwah hand/foot control.

When it's dark the left led lights on, as the led/ldr inside the pedal, creating the toe down wah effect. With light the wah is all heel down. It's nice to play with the foot in the air, between a light source and the pedal.

italianguy63

That wacky Astro!! 

Coolio... thanks!

Pettol

Nice one, Vigilante!

vigilante397

My first few CNC engraved enclosures were a little sloppy, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. These are: my new Klone (I'm not mass producing them and selling them like this, I promise) and a combination Reverb (Dark) and clean boost (Light). It makes perfect sense on my pedalboard, I promise ;D

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

gtudoran

Some guts

italianguy63

Very nice work Dexter!

Hey Nathan, haven't you become industrious as of late?!   8)  Very cool.  Aren't those 1590B KLONes fun!!   8) ;D

EDIT-- you better slow down, or you will run out of parts, thereby needing a Tayda order before the next coupon is revealed.   :icon_biggrin: :icon_eek:

MC

bluebunny

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 10, 2015, 04:24:47 AM
EDIT-- you better slow down, or you will run out of parts, thereby needing a Tayda order before the next coupon is revealed.   :icon_biggrin: :icon_eek:

Oooh! That's gonna smart!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 10, 2015, 04:24:47 AM
Hey Nathan, haven't you become industrious as of late?!

Well yes and no :P Most of the pedals I've posted recently were ones that I built a while ago and finished with spraypaint and waterslides, but I'm trying to go back and re-do all the enclosures on my personal board with the CNC machine for a more professional and frankly more durable finish. 8)

So admittedly there isn't a huge risk of my running out of parts, though I am working on a few new builds so I anticipate making another order soon. I'm going to try to wait for a coupon this time, but we all know how that goes ::)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

cloudscapes

made this thing

nothing original. just a one-off for myself, an overdrive, a jawari, and a well-known 5-knobbed fuzz. few mods and tweaks, relay bypass, wet/dry blend, starve..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}