News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temol

Still in the old style look. Burns Buzzaround. Aluminium enclosure, black textured finish. I haven't settled on the transistors yet. Still testing. As for now - MP42B for q1-q2 and GT402G or TG5 for q3.

mozz

Not builds yet but will be built into something soon one day. Local antique radio show, there are parts out there, just have to be continually looking. I buy old radios for $1 or 2 for the germaniums. 2n5133 in a rusty out regency radio and some tropical fish .047. 25 of the 2n1305 and a bunch of others. Pair of 2n270, now maybe the build will work right, gains are 40-50 and leakages low but will try. Telefunken AC122 and AC 171. Tubes and stuff.

• SUPPORTER

daverdave

Just been finishing up this, it's a 12-stage optical phaser with both LFO and envelope modulation, the envelope follower is pretty dynamic and can do very fast and very slow sweeps. I tried to make it look like my favourite scopes! Maybe my artwork is improving a bit, maybe :P

stallik

That looks really nice Dave
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rankot

Quote from: daverdave on May 09, 2021, 12:05:40 PM
Just been finishing up this, it's a 12-stage optical phaser with both LFO and envelope modulation, the envelope follower is pretty dynamic and can do very fast and very slow sweeps. I tried to make it look like my favourite scopes! Maybe my artwork is improving a bit, maybe :P

Terrific! I made a 6-stage LM13700 based phaser and that's maximum complexity I'm capable of. Can't imagine how complex this thing is :) But how does it sound? Especially envelope controlled phaser? Never heard one.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

daverdave

Quote from: rankot on May 10, 2021, 04:47:27 AM
Quote from: daverdave on May 09, 2021, 12:05:40 PM

Terrific! I made a 6-stage LM13700 based phaser and that's maximum complexity I'm capable of. Can't imagine how complex this thing is :) But how does it sound? Especially envelope controlled phaser? Never heard one.

Cheers! It's fairly complicated, but not too bad. It's SMD so it wasn't too much trouble to layout.

It sounds great to me, it starts to sound a bit more synthy after 8 stages, more filtered I guess. The envelope also sounds great, it kind of sounds like you'd expect, somewhere between a phaser and envelope filter, but the more stages the more filtered. You can mix between envelope and LFO, that can make some pretty unique sounds. I've been using it a lot with my envelope controlled polychorus, envelope flanger and phaser sounds pretty wild together!

deadastronaut

that looks the nuts dave.....very cool.  8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

I messed up a little on this one. Still not my worst enclosure drilling experience :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

davent

Quote from: vigilante397 on May 10, 2021, 11:38:58 PM
I messed up a little on this one. Still not my worst enclosure drilling experience :P

Oh nothing a little JB Weld couldn't fix...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

stallik

What my mum calls clever number counting machines can be a bit thick when things go wrong...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

amptramp

Quote from: vigilante397 on May 10, 2021, 11:38:58 PM

Was that a .22 caliber drill?

duck_arse

you might need to use a reamer on those "holes".
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

vigilante397

Quote from: amptramp on May 11, 2021, 10:06:39 AM
Was that a .22 caliber drill?

Close, it was a CNC failure :P

Quote from: duck_arse on May 11, 2021, 10:07:36 AM
you might need to use a reamer on those "holes".

Yeah I'm probably going to use the CNC and just re-level the whole face before I try drilling again. I've always liked the machined aluminum look, should give me a good excuse to try it out.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Phend

Not a problem if you have these for your projects.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Phend

GGG ToneBender Mark II Replica build.
With my twist of presenting something old as something ... ?
Out of the box again, this time a 3D post build.
Octagon shape with center post and one off to the side, for 10 posts.
4 x 4 x 6 inches (102 x 102 x 152 mm)
12 volt battery , B1K Attack pot instead of C1K.
Laser cut black acrylic base, copper posts using Duck_Arse wire wrap (kind of anyway-worked great)
Works great, very little hum at idle.
Great man cave conversation item that has enough gain to rattle the bottles.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

rankot

Still WIP - gotta make an enclosure, but this thing rocks: Bixonix Expandora v4.0. I've seen one of the recent models with Bass/Guitar switch, anyone knows what's that one doing? I suppose it's switching input cap, but if anyone can confirm, it would be nice. I used LM1458 instead of LM308N.

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

Quote from: Phend on May 15, 2021, 01:00:31 PM

Great man cave conversation item that has enough gain to rattle the bottles.

there's only one green bottle, hanging on the wall, left. nice work, even if one post only has a single cap connected.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

lvckv

First few pedals I've fully finished... Fuzzdog Bee Juice overdrive (One Control Honey Bee clone?) and Fuzzdog Vorg Warp Sound filter fuzz clone.

Bee Juice sounds great. Warp Sound is a little quiet though. Not sure what I can do about that.

The Bee Juice is based on this art from Survival Knife's (Justin Trosper from Unwound) [Loose Power album](https://survivalknife.bandcamp.com/album/loose-power). Mad about messing up the D on 'Warp Sound' though..

kaycee

Quote from: Phend on May 15, 2021, 01:00:31 PM

Are you trying to summon something very ancient, and very evil?? Because that's what going to happen if you keep meddling with this stuff. :icon_twisted: :icon_lol: