News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

This is my build of the MBP Chaos Agent.  It is a Factory-style fuzz. 

I might add more paint pen eventually.

Edit:  Thoughts on this addition?  I'm not sure yet if I'll keep the added letters (it's acrylic paint pen, so I can erase it if I decide to).
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

ElectricDruid

Nice work! I really like the white paint-pen on the blue metallic, looks excellent.

EBK

Quote from: ElectricDruid on October 17, 2022, 05:54:12 AM
Nice work! I really like the white paint-pen on the blue metallic, looks excellent.

Thanks!  I had this candy teal enclosure for a long time, afraid to mess it up.  I consider this a success. Bonus points for it actually working!   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

eh la bas ma

3 new builds.

Up down daddy / Pearl OC-7 octaver, acrylic and varnish :

I insisted to have top mounted jacks, but...
The 2nd octave down is maybe a little hard to use with an other effect, but i am only beggining to use octavers, and maybe this one still needs calibration.
I will keep trying but still couldn't find how to set the trimmer, I know what it's supposed to do thanks to Antonis and Anotherjim.
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=129731.0

EQD Life pedal / Parenthese fuzz / Rat + SHO (Zvex boost) + Octave up (green ringer) :

A picture from an old history book : "Building a cathedral [to the DIY goddess]" by Jean Fouquet.

Despite all the facts, I thought it would sound a bit more singular, I thought the Rat part wouldn't sound exactly like mine, etc.
I already built a rat, a SHO boost, and now I have an octaver, so...I 'll probably sell this, if I can find a buyer.

Aion's TS-50 Bass preamp :

Faceplate made from a DVD plastic box. I made a mistake with the led's hole, so I've hidden the extra hole with more plastic (vanilla ice cream, and CD-RW boxes).

Looking for bass circuits, I was curious about the "tri-comp network". I tried with guitar first, it works but the EQ doesn't sound effective on the right frequencies, especially with mids. I tried it with a bass, and everything is fine, the EQ is probably calibrated for bass. It sounds really interesting, I am going to spend more time on this one than on the 2 others, I guess.

I decided to stop labeling every controls... to respect the artwork, to free the mind and focus on the sound.
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

Steben

modded SD-1 and modded BluBreak. Sky of driveheaven with a rising sun.

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Willypp

Haven't posted for a while, here are a few recent builds, all tayda powdercoated, drilled, and UV printed.  Makes it a bit too easy really:

PCBmania KoT SMB Deluxe
X-Fuzz on vero
Effectlayout's King of the morning
Pedalpcb Paragon Mini
Diyguitarpedals Blues Crusher, with the "Crush" switch moved to a pot and footswitch
Apocalyptic Cold, a dual channel Acapulco Gold.
Effectlayout's Cremepog
Effectlayout's Patriot....

EBK

When life gives you COVID lemons, make lemonOD.

This is a rehousing of an old project, which I have cleaned up quite a bit.  It is a tube screamer with Landgraff mods, and I added Jack Orman's fat mod as a bonus. 

The left-hand toggle selects clipping: silicon (asymmetric), open, or LED.  The right-hand toggle enables the fat mod.  The knobs (left to right) are: drive, tone, and level.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

That's a super neat build Eric
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

"LemonOD".  LOL.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phend

Appears to me if the led is moved another pot could easily be added in its place.
Kool build EBK. What's it sound like ?
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

EBK

Quote from: Phend on November 01, 2022, 04:35:56 PM
Appears to me if the led is moved another pot could easily be added in its place.
The enclosure was originally drilled for a different project that had three pots and three toggles.  I moved the LED up to fill in the extra hole.  It certainly could handle an extra pot or switch, but it has plenty to offer already, I think.
Kool build EBK. What's it sound like ?
Thanks!
It is at its heart still a tubescreamer (I happen to love the tubescreamer), but it is a nicely featured one.  I like being able to switch the clipping (red LEDs are my favorite), and the fat mod is nice when you want a richer, fuller sound.  It is an overdrive to suit many moods.
  • SUPPORTER

Phend

Here is my Harmonic Peculator build. 
Taking a circuit that is easy to build and making it a box full of noodles. 
Put in 2N3565 Hfe 425 and 2N404A Hfe 167. No adjusting of pot which is set at 75K.
Plugged it in and it works.
Problem is it is VERY loud.
So I need to do some experimenting with some different transistors and take some volt readings.
I have Russian GT404B Hfe 74,84,106 and 2N1304 Hfe 42 and 73. Plus PNP ..... 
Would I make another in a clear box, Clearly NO.
Call it an experimental electronic art work. 
It does look cool and mojo.
And with some tweaking should sound great.
Laser cut 10mm cast acrylic, extruded acrylic, acrylic mirror, 100mm copper rods.
Thanks to MikeA for suggesting this all germanium sans PNP buiild.
And Thanks to pinkjimiphoton and Digi2T for circuit examples and all the time they have put into analyzing this "thing". And of course George Giblet.
So don't laugh or boo.. Here it is..

• SUPPORTER+

FiveseveN

Speaking of acrylic...
Poor planning left me with an empty spot on my new board so I decided to dip my toes into DSP. Took the pedalSHIELD MEGA as a starting point and made a digital distortion/ wave folder/ bit crusher/ aliaser OF DOOM.

Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

Phend

Ran into manufacturing difficulties.
Need to anneal extruded acrylic.
Just a small amount of cleaner cracked it before my eyes.
O well , back to the laser.

• SUPPORTER+

Phend

Here is my completed Harmonic Perculator build.
Had to replace the top with cast acrylic since the extruded variety cracks.
Anyway,
Q1 2N404 Hfe 180 : Q2 2N1304 Hfe 70  each Germanium
In the Perculator adjustment I used a 20K vs 47K so as to get down to 20K and up to 91K + .
R1 = 1M5 fixed
C3 = 100 nF
C4 = 47uF Tantalum
R2 = 220K
C6 = 1uF Bi-Polar Electro Nichicon Muse
Diodes = 1N914 Si and an old RS 1N34A Ge (Switched on / off)
(No Volume adjusting resistor in series with lug 3 of pot since it drastically limits diode operation)

Laser cut acrylic with copper rods.

Here are some photos:

An a short demo including stage fright.
Pretty Bad.

• SUPPORTER+

EBK

This is the first Rangemaster I have built, and I love it!

The transistor is a Russian МП20 with a gain of 72. The bypass board from Madbean has a charge pump voltage inverter supplying -9V, so this will play nicely with other pedals.

The knob is polymer clay over a brass insert from LoveMySwitches.

• SUPPORTER

bean

Here's a Klon style build I did recently. I'm happy with how the etching came out, for once.

bluebunny

That knob looks dangerous, Eric.  Not recommended for bare feet.  Try one of these instead:

;D
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on November 21, 2022, 03:46:32 AM
That knob looks dangerous, Eric.  Not recommended for bare feet.  Try one of these instead:
  ;D

not only Eric's knob, but that which you linked blue. I get 'checking if site safe', and no image. as I always say, any hints?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

It's a picture from the website of a bona fide household retailer.

Honest.

(Hint: "13A plug")
  • SUPPORTER