SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_ryerson

Quote from: tubelectron on June 05, 2010, 04:39:39 PM
Hello Stomboxes Diyers,

What I see all along this subject are pictures of tasteful, skilled artwork and high grade finishing job on your stomboxes... I simply do not have the knowledge, the perseverance nor the patience to go so far.
So my job is not so nice, but more technically affordable, I think.
Nice stuff! I've been experimenting with putting 1/8" plexi on top of some pedals too. When I get closer to finished, I'll post some pictures.

Taylor

Did you guys realize that this thread is nearing 1 million views? Pretty crazy.

Thomeeque

Hello guys!

Here's my new..

• RossComp + ATTACK control (COMPRESSOR)
  • MXR MicroAmp with unity gain (MON1/MON2/BUF)
  • MXR MicroAmp + MODE switch (BOOSTER)
  • Barber LTD Silver (OVERDRIVE 1)
  • EHX Big Muff Pi "Ram's Head" (OVERDRIVE 2)

:)

(pics are clickable for hi-res, more here)

Enjoy! T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Quackzed

very, very nicely done Thomeeque. and a very nice lineup of effects under the hood as well... with boost and comp built in! nice layout and graphics , very cool inside  and out...  8) 8) 8)
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Steve Mavronis

These build pictures are so inspiring and help us all try to achieve a higher standard as a personal goal as we do our pedal projects. This is very enjoyable to see and rewarding. Thank you all and keep them coming!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Taylor

:icon_eek: Nice job Thomeeque...

Is that shrink wrap for knobs? Interesting idea.

studiostud

Quote from: Taylor on June 06, 2010, 07:32:05 PM
:icon_eek: Nice job Thomeeque...

Is that shrink wrap for knobs? Interesting idea.

agreed.  they sort of look like "knob socks".   ::)
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

markeebee

Word of the day = knobsocks

Very cute build Thomeeque. Lots of jacks - are they for patching the order of effects?

Hides-His-Eyes

Those knobsocks look pretty great, how were they made?

Thomeeque

Thanks guys!! :)

Yep, knobsocks are shrink wrap :) - I've wanted knobs to be as low as possible to be protected against accidental detuning or injury by inaccurate stomping and I did not found any suitable knobs in shops around so far, so this is workaround :)

Lots of jacks - are they for patching the order of effects? - nope, besides obligatory in&out there are two "monitor" outputs, one for tuner and one for further processing (envelope filter, noise-gate..), and then two stereo jacks for independent clean and over-drive FX loops.

T.

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on June 07, 2010, 05:27:21 AM
Those knobsocks look pretty great, how were they made?

It's really just a shrink wrap (6-7mm diameter in "cold" state) cut to length 1mm over lenght of the shaft, put on the shaft and then shrinked above candle :) Nice calm relaxing work ;)

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Thomeeque

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 07, 2010, 05:29:17 AM
..knobsocks are shrink wrap :)..

Now I'm not sure if the "shrink wrap" is the right term actually - what I have used is called Heat-shrink tubing on the wiki.. Probably the same thing, but just to avoid any confusion.. :icon_wink: T.

Hides-His-Eyes

I guessed you meant heatshrink, don't worry :)

deadastronaut

Quote from: Taylor on June 06, 2010, 04:37:20 PM

yeah....MAD.....great stuff though!.........

everyone build a satanic pedal for page 666...lol...i will...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Taylor

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 07, 2010, 10:42:16 AM
Now I'm not sure if the "shrink wrap" is the right term actually - what I have used is called Heat-shrink tubing on the wiki.. Probably the same thing, but just to avoid any confusion.. :icon_wink: T.

My fault Thomeeque, for calling it shrink wrap. You're right, it's heat shrink. Shrink wrap is the plastic film that Hammond boxes comes wrapped in, for example.

frequencycentral

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 07, 2010, 12:41:08 PM

I estimate that page 666 is 2 months away, maybe a little less. We really should have a competition..............
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

markeebee

A million views!

KNOBSOCKS!!!

pazuzu

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 07, 2010, 12:41:08 PM

i have a boogie in the works, i will save the pic for that page. here is the graphic:

Slade

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 06, 2010, 05:58:37 PM

What an amazing build, Thomeeque, I'm stunned, that's a fantastic piece of work!

imbuedblue

Thomeeque, that is an absolutely stunning build.

Nikolay

Not exactly the effect, but this is my first pedalboard design.

I make it form aluminium profile 20/80/2 mm and weight 1.3Kg.

Next time I will fix some stuff to look better.