News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon5051

Here is my Tonebender.  The layout is from Tonepad and it has OC 75 transistors from Smallbear. 

glops

sundgist

Love your super simple etching!

snarblinge

Sorry to go back so many pages, i have been playing catch up since my daughter was born.

so why is there track facing up here, is this double-sided? or do you just have components making up the underside. please if you don't mind explaining.

beautiful build BTW

Quote from: sst4270 on June 04, 2010, 10:21:01 AM
Another Burst Build - White Powder Coat with Baked on Decal.

Gut Shot

Gut shot close-up

Thanks DIYSBs,

Steve
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: snarblinge on June 15, 2010, 03:59:31 AM
why is there track facing up here, is this double-sided? or do you just have components making up the underside. please if you don't mind explaining.

Just a guess but I'd say it's purely for asthetics. It looks very pretty and the tinning is nice and shiney. Gives it a more hi-tech look. I was thinking of doing the same thing but elected to etch a standard single sided PCB with the components and traces on opposite sides.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

~arph

Looks double sided to me.. look at the pots. Plus how do you solder in a socket without the traces being on the bottom?

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: ~arph on June 15, 2010, 07:36:49 AM
Looks double sided to me.. look at the pots. Plus how do you solder in a socket without the traces being on the bottom?

I agree. It has to be double-sided soldered from below. Like I said the top trace pattern is just for looks with almost a chrome effect - but if he has plated through holes the solder would flow to the part leads on both sides. That's how it looks to me.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

deadastronaut

just re-vamped my boogey...i love fancy lights......great for dark gigs..... :icon_lol:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

FunkyGibbon

knealebrown,

Did you say where those lovely silver knobs came from?

Christopher

Magnus

Hello together,
here is my Marshall The Guv'nor-Clone "Undead Govnor",
i posted this pedal much pages before, here it is again with new knobs
and an symetric/asymetric-clipping-switch-mod:

Looks much better with the new knobs, for comparison look here:
http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/17258/Undead_Govnor.jpg

Does anybody know why there are not much Marshall Guv'nor-Clones in the DIY-Scene?
It is a really nice hardrock-pedal!

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

sundgist

Quote from: glops on June 14, 2010, 11:23:05 PM
sundgist

Love your super simple etching!
Thank you.  :icon_redface:
It needs to be simple for me. I've got too many unfinished boxes and have too little patience and time, but don't like leaving a bare undecorated box!!

@tuckster
@keto
Your Causality builds look great! I've yet to box mine up. I'm using it quite a bit, bluetacked down on a piece of mdf. This is one I'm trying to spend some more time on getting it looking nice.

Slade

Quote from: Magnus on June 15, 2010, 10:10:41 AM
Looks much better with the new knobs, for comparison look here:
http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/17258/Undead_Govnor.jpg

Does anybody know why there are not much Marshall Guv'nor-Clones in the DIY-Scene?
It is a really nice hardrock-pedal!

Greetings
Magnus
I have one! It was my first build ever. I think it's a pedal that works fine the first time for everybody so nobody is debugging it and we don't see them, but there are many!

Yours looks much better with those knobs!

Regards,
Fernando.-

sst4270

@arph, Steve, and Snarb...
Yes, guys. The board is double-sided. I had a request to build ten of these so I went through ExpressPCB. I was able fit 4 of these boards on their miniboard service. 3 boards in three days for $51. So I got 12 boards for $51 plus shipping. I just had to cut them up into 1/4's when I received them. Not a bad deal at all. And I didn't have to do any ironing, or soaking, or etching, or hoping it came out right, or drilling, or tinning. You get the picture. I'd rather spend my time building. Also since double sided boards are standard service for them, it really opens up so many opportunities to shrink the board down significantly while still using through hole components. Unfortunately I don't have any clips yet, but the owner(s) are very pleased.

Thanks for the comments.

Steve T

Steve Mavronis

Well that is really cool! I've been tempted to use their Mini-board service even though I had my dad etch my circuit boards. He electroplated my tinning too but ExpressPCB did a fantastic job for you. It's very beautiful, wow. If I had used them I could have fit two of my 2.0"x1.7" layouts per mini-board.

deadastronaut

just finished the base lighting...love it...be good at xmas!... :icon_biggrin:

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

paulyy

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 15, 2010, 05:27:06 PM
just finished the base lighting...love it...be good at xmas!... :icon_biggrin:

Always liked the way this looks. A muiltie color led would look cool for this mod. I think I'll try it on my JCM 800 pedal if I ever get the dame thing working right.

cloudscapes

brilliant enclosures keto!  :o

for me, proco rat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

mfergel

Not so much a pedal build but this was my first etch.  I stripped the stock MXR pedal and just redid the graphics in a grungy industrial version and then clear coated it.

Zero

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 15, 2010, 06:22:30 PM

Wow, Monsieur Cloudscapes! ça me plaît beaucoup!
I've always absolutely loved your graphic designs. The epoxy layer on top (correct?) of your boxes give them that 'extra touch' .. you're a true artist! My most sincere admiration!

Zero

Guys, the graphic-designer-wannabe in me is salivating beyond control when I see your wonderful pedals.

At work, I use a random wallpaper script that puts images from my "DIYStompboxes Hall of Fame" folder on my right screen images from my"Vintage Guitars" folder on my left screen. I always minimize all windows when I leave my computer to get coffee or something, and it's not unusual to find a couple of co-workers admiring my wallpapers.

Guess what my favourite keystroke is? WindowsKey+D (show Desktop) !!
I should start counting how many times I press it during a day at work  ;D

So remember: Everytime you post a beautiful picture, you know it will be eventually displayed as a wallpaper on some Swiss dude's monitor (kinda like in an Art Gallery!).

Thanks for the inspiration!

deadastronaut