News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Hello together,

QuoteVery tidy magnus, showing us some of that famous german precission  ;)
Thank you  :)
Your looper is awesome too, really good (Moog-like) looking - nice work!!!

QuoteHi Magnus,
Your Tone-Bender is very nice - I particularly appreciate that "golden gentle sparkle finish" and the jewel pilot.
Thank you  :)

QuoteI would have done the same on my Double-Tone-Bender if I knew how to do it simply with success, but...
It is not very difficult, you just have to try different color and clearcoat-manufacturer  ;)

QuoteAs you can see I used plexiglas to cover the PC designed and printed faceplate
Your Tone Bender Dual-Pedal is great, I like the look and the wiring-job inside very much!
Have you soldered the transistors?

QuoteSo how have you done the simple but nice finish of your Tone-Bender ?
- was the box already painted ?
- is the lettering PC designed and printed on a transparent adhesive foil ?
- How in the world do you make it... DURABLE and ABUSE RESISTANT Huh

Thanks for your informations - I am a paint unsuccessful newbie !
I painted the enclosure myself like I always do...
First I grind the enclosure with sand-paper, then I add primer and let it dry, then I add some paint till it is dry,
then some more paint and if it is completely dry I add a self-designed waterslide-decal and the last finish is clear-coat.
It is very durable if you don't kick it with a football-shoe  ;D

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

slacker

Quote from: jmwreck on June 22, 2010, 03:19:48 AM
HOW DO YOU PUT A NON- SET SCREW KNOB TO A SMOOTH POTENTIOMETER WITHOUT GLUING OR PUTTING IT PERMANENTLY.  like putting some adhesives to hold it strong enough, but can still be removed if needed.

I've done this with knobs designed for ribbed pots. Just get a drill bit and ream out the knob to cut back the ribs a bit, then smack it on to the pot. The ones I've done like this are plenty solid enough, but you can lever them off with a screwdriver or something if you need to remove them.

and before anyone else says it knobs, ribs etc Ohhherrr MIssus!

tubelectron

Hi Magnus & thanks for your answer,

QuoteYour Tone Bender Dual-Pedal is great, I like the look and the wiring-job inside very much!
Have you soldered the transistors?
Yes, the Ge transistors are soldered.

QuoteI painted the enclosure myself like I always do...
First I grind the enclosure with sand-paper, then I add primer and let it dry, then I add some paint till it is dry,
then some more paint and if it is completely dry I add a self-designed waterslide-decal and the last finish is clear-coat.
It is very durable if you don't kick it with a football-shoe
So it is all self-made. I would be interested to know the brands / the kind of the products you have used here, for the decal and for the painting job. I would be glad to do something else than plexiglas...

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

kungpow79

Quote from: knealebrown on June 22, 2010, 05:24:37 AM
brilliant paint job how did you get that?? is it an airbrush?

Actually, its a PPP enclosure, a "blem" no less.  I wish I could make it look that good myself, but I did take the pictures! ;)

a soBer Newt

SHOCLONE

Guts

FuzzFactoryClone

Guts

deadastronaut

Quote from: a soBer Newt on June 22, 2010, 09:12:48 PM
SHOCLONE

your gonna get some ribbing about  them wonky pots!...lol...only joking.. :icon_mrgreen:
:P ::) :o :-[ :icon_lol:  :icon_rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hides-His-Eyes

As a fellow DIYer without a drill press I have nothing but sympathy

deadastronaut

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on June 23, 2010, 04:52:10 AM

yeah mee too..i havent a drill press..just a kitchen floor and a bit of wood and a foot....lol...

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

invest in a centre (center if american) punch and a steel block (:

couple that with a sharp pilot hole drill bit.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

Quote from: darron on June 23, 2010, 05:26:08 AM

invest in a centre (center if american) punch and a steel block (:

couple that with a sharp pilot hole drill bit.

yeah i always centre punch then do  a 1mm hole then open the top of the hole with a 3mm...(countersunk sort of)..

with a cheap version of a dremel...

no slipping when it comes to the 7mm etc with power drill......bang on everytime..but yeah i'd love a press...

no room in a poxy 1 bed flat though ha ha ha... :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

Magnus

Hello,
QuoteSo it is all self-made. I would be interested to know the brands / the kind of the products you have used here, for the decal and for the painting job. I would be glad to do something else than plexiglas...

A+!
The color is from "Faust", i buy it in a local home-improvement-market, it is color with solvent...

I buy my primer in a colourstore for cars, it is high-quality primer for aluminium,
the manufacturer is "roberlo" (ISOFAST 1K MEDIUM Fondo).

I use waterslide-decals for Inkjet in clear,
on the back of those decals are some printed words: "Inkjet/Clear waterslide decal paper"

I hope I can help you a little bit, but it seems that you have to look for similar products in your country...

Sorry if my english is not correct at all, I tried to translate it  ;D

Quoteyeah mee too..i havent a drill press..just a kitchen floor and a bit of wood and a foot....lol...
Me too, I drill everything with hand, but it is important to drill with a small drill first, then with a step-drill...

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

arma61

Nah!!   

you guys don't understand what's back on a different distanced pots, they are the most used pots, so the distance is big enough for either our big thumb, so we dont turn the other pots accidentally, or ever turn those pots with our feet while plaiyng!
  :D :D :D :D

NB posted by who has a (cheeeaaap) drill press and still is not able to make 5 holes in a straight line and at the same distance!!!!!)   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

darron

just made some red/silver PCBs for a friend and was sending him the photo.... couldn't help but crack up looking at myself so i must post it here...

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

keto

Finished up a couple yesterday...

Hides-His-Eyes

First pedal I've ever fully boxed up and had working- a present for my best mate's 21st. Took me about 10 hours including breadboarding it but he's going to love it...

knealebrown

Sweet man, I did the same with my first pedal. Congrats to you and congrats to him for surviving this crazy world for 21 years. But......what is it?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Hides-His-Eyes

It's a Timmy clone I adapted for bass with some cap changes :)

Galego

My attempt at giving a professional presentation to a build i was asked to do. My first commercial build. :)

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Galego on June 23, 2010, 05:22:25 PM
My attempt at giving a professional presentation to a build i was asked to do. My first commercial build. :)

You succeeded very well. It definitely looks professional for sure. Good job!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return