News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixdropd

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 28, 2012, 02:05:16 PM
WTF! Nice witch hunt going on here! Is there limited space left in the Pictures thread? Does it have to stop when we reach page 1000 or something? Did I miss an important announcement?

Personally what @#$%s me off is having to wade through post after post of @#$%%^&* opinions to find the cool pedals pics.
+333

TG Flatline

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 28, 2012, 02:05:16 PM
WTF! Nice witch hunt going on here! Is there limited space left in the Pictures thread? Does it have to stop when we reach page 1000 or something? Did I miss an important announcement?

Personally what @#$%s me off is having to wade through post after post of @#$%%^&* opinions to find the cool pedals pics.

Exactly. This is ridiculous. The other thread needs closing, a moderator needs to delete this and all the other posts referring to this issue, and people need to get a grip. If you don't want to look at pictures of pedals, you're in the wrong place.

Has SSMike posted a few IC Muffs here? You know what, yes he has.
Is it a problem? No, no it isn't.
Does he advertise? No, no he does not.

Remember, when posting on a forum, you DO have the option to THINK before pressing POST.

Perrow

Yeah, I mean, somebody voiced an opinion on an internet forum, ban him.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

love and peace people....or i'll send him round to nibble your leads and force your wives into saying awwwwwwww a lot...he's pure evil.. :icon_twisted:

no saying awwwwwww........don't do it....... ;)

right, back to sussing out my tonestack... ::)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

I can't help it. Aaawwwwww...

On the subject of commercial/fun builds. I don't find it offensive if someone wants to post thousand's of pictures of what is effectively the same build which is then sold on for profit. It's boring to see the same pedal again & again, but so what. I don't HAVE to look at them or give them anything more than a cursory glance. It does seem that the same peeps are posting the same pedals over & over again, but I suppose I would too if I didn't have a new baby to help look after, 10 hour days in work & more time to build.

I do however find it offensive if you aren't allowed to voice your opinion on what is essentially, f**k all to worry about.

It's nice weather where I live. Why don't we all get some fresh air & stop being big girls' blouses.

tasos

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 29, 2012, 05:01:34 AM

Let's see the Guts!
Lol how sadistic! ;D
I don't mean it, i find it so cute!Is it real or plastic? :o

Slade

So, are we doing a 1000 pages competition? ;D

~arph

Quote from: Slade on March 29, 2012, 09:56:37 AM

Yes  ;D

rousejeremy

Quote from: Slade on March 29, 2012, 09:56:37 AM

In the spirit of recent events it should be a "ten pictures of the most generic diy stompbox built solely for profit" competition.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

~arph

No one will remember in 47 pages time..  ;)

hardstatic

First pedal, first etch - kit from our old pal Aen:

Second etch was the backplate for practice, fonts came out considerably better.

Guts:

I then spent a lot of time gathering parts (Tayda for the win) and making my way through the learning curve for these things.  My wife plays Bass and wanted an octave pedal:

Pedal board she made herself:

Lowrider PCB from Bean (Thanks Bean!).  Pic is from when I was having some grounding issues (metal DC jacks anyone?)

Decided to make myself a Clari (not) using vero for the first time (not a big fan of veroboard so far).  No pics of the board, just used this layout: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/mid-fi-electronics-clarinot.html.  I did order some 1% resistors this time, doh!  Having some "fit" issues which I think I can handle, just a lot of wires to deal with... and planning the layout to fit in a 1590B was interesting for this newbie.  Sorry for the blurry pics, lighting was very poor.

Incidentally, this thread is one of the reasons I started building these things, and SSMike was one of the many consistent inspirations for attention to detail, quality of design, etc.  Gripe away... in a new thread please.  I for one don't come to this particular thread for drama, that's what NPR is for and it's depressing enough already.

tasos

I was also thinking about the 1000pages competition!
I want to prepare something really special!
COULD YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING YOUR BUILDS AND LET ME GET SOME TIME? ;D

Slade

Quote from: ~arph on March 29, 2012, 11:00:14 AM
No one will remember in 47 pages time..  ;)

Yeah..
So, in the spirit of recent Rick's words, let's make a Pictures Thread Doom's Day Competition! Every pedal must have a design that includes 10 pics of the best pedals posted here....

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Just Joking... I don't want to bother anyone.

But.... let's make it a Doom's Day Competition... you know... 2012, end of the world and stuff.... What you say?

markeebee

@hardstatic - I really like the gnarly look of that Great Destroyer.  Looks like it sounds, I reckon.

Er, I'm interested in whatever's on that instruction sheet?

azrael

Quote from: hardstatic on March 29, 2012, 11:15:26 AM
First pedal, first etch - kit from our old pal Aen:

Wow, I like that look a lot! Any chance you could let us know how that circuit goes? It sounds pretty interesting, and I'll bet it's a goofy use of dem inverters.

Barcode80

There are quite a few people being needlessly bitchy here. This is a pictures thread. Not a "this" or "that" type of pictures thread. If you don't like what is posted, skip it. It's called a mouse wheel, and I bet you all have them.

There are no further rules of any kind needed in this thread, and no "commercial" thread needed. Get over yourselves.

Your personal opinion of why x member's posts are getting boring are irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. And the line is so blurry between "DIY" and "commercial" that it's a silly and needless distinction, especially in a pictures thread.

frequencycentral

Ok, I've created an "Opinions on the 'Pictures! thread!" thread to stop our beautiful "Pictures!" thread from getting clogged up needlessly. So, now, if you have a strongly held opinion on how the "Pictures!" thread should be run, now you got somewheres to go....  ;)

Here's the direct link to the "Opinions!" thread:

"Opinions on the 'Pictures! thread!" thread
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Opinions are like a**eholes. Everybody's got one.

Here's another. If we have a 'Page #1000' competition, 3PDT's should be banned. Only DPDT's with a Millenium Bypass should be used... Opinions please.

snarblinge

Hardstatic amazing 1st post!!! nice builds.

on the other thing, sorry I weighed in at all, prefer pics in this thread to all this chat. Snarkiest i've ever seen this place, and i don't like it.

apologies.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Fender3D

Quote from: 1878 on March 29, 2012, 02:31:04 PM
Opinions are like a**eholes. Everybody's got one.

Just one  :icon_eek: ?
Speak for yourself...  :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: 1878 on March 29, 2012, 02:31:04 PM
Here's another. If we have a 'Page #1000' competition, 3PDT's should be banned. Only DPDT's with a Millenium Bypass should be used... Opinions please.

DPDT AND white washers.....  :icon_twisted:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge