DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: auden100 on August 31, 2011, 09:59:46 AM
It appears to have been a write-permission issue. I have no idea how that would've spontaneously changed, but it appears to have been the problem. Things are working smoothly now.

Thanks for your help, bancika.

Well I work without permission o perhaps there is a  "FREEZE PROGARAM" that denied the installation?  well done BANCIKA the new actualization it's amazing!!!

redwarstudio

I just tried V3 on my mac OSX 10.5.8 and i get this error when running run.sh in Terminal. any help?

user-macbook:diylc-3 josh$ ./run.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
user-macbook:diylc-3 josh$

Perrow

Mirrored font, to write on the PCB Transfer.

http://abc-font.com/font.php?font=Arial%20Mirror

Don't forget to write the text backwords, i.e. "1-BPL" not "LPB-1".

On another note, I wanted to do a ground plane on a board recently and added boards colored black to cover larger areas. The problem was that those did not export in the trace mask export. The work-around is to (save to a new file and) delete all components, and then use the "regular" export to pdf function.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bancika

Quote from: redwarstudio on August 31, 2011, 09:43:53 PM
I just tried V3 on my mac OSX 10.5.8 and i get this error when running run.sh in Terminal. any help?

user-macbook:diylc-3 josh$ ./run.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
user-macbook:diylc-3 josh$

yes, you need a newer Java (1.6.0_10 or better)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

crey

Quote from: Perrow on August 29, 2011, 01:21:51 AM
New version, nice. See you fixed a couple of things reported by me  ;D

You could have told me about the renumber feature coming today, then I wouldn't have done that manually yesterday for my layout with 33 caps and 34 resistors  :icon_eek: ::)

Quote from: crey on August 28, 2011, 11:22:41 PM
I looked through the thread and wasnt able to find a specific answer to my question, but I downloaded the current version, as well as the zip file with the collection of layouts, and
for the life of me, I've only found 2, maybe 3 of the layouts in the zip collection that will open without an error, or at all.
Am I missing something here?
I've set the ap to run in xp mode (im on 7), and as admin, and I'm still unable to load any of the layouts??
Again, if this has been addressed in the thread, I apologize, but I searched, and read almost every page since the new version and can't find anything on this issue.

Thanks for any and all help.

The layout collection is for version 1.x and the v1 import in the current version is known to be less than perfect.

Ok, fair enough.
Is there a current collection of designs listed anywhere for DL?
Thanks!

Perrow

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

add4

Hello Bancika,
I'm very new to this whole DIY effect thing and i'm gathering informations and stuff. I have launched your program on my 2011 macbook pro (lion) and it crashed 3 times in about 30 mins of use.
It is a known issue? is there something i can do to fix this?
I just downloaded your zip file and run the .jar file from the directory.

I'm sorry if that was answered before, I started scanning this thread backward but i couldn't find that in an obvious way
:p

That program seems great thanks.
Arnaud

p.s.
if anyone has a link to guidelines to help someone draw a pcb layout from a schematic, i would find it very interesting.

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: add4 on October 05, 2011, 10:21:12 AM
Hello Bancika,
I'm very new to this whole DIY effect thing and i'm gathering informations and stuff. I have launched your program on my 2011 macbook pro (lion) and it crashed 3 times in about 30 mins of use.

I'm sorry if that was answered before, I started scanning this thread backward but i couldn't find that in an obvious way

Arnaud

p.s.
if anyone has a link to guidelines to help someone draw a pcb layout from a schematic, i would find it very interesting.

When I draw in a simple program like this or SPRINT LAYOUT i put the image of the scheme in the blank page of the program like a import figure and trace the circuit,over the figure; put the values and other; it is great  :icon_biggrin: prove that way I made most of my reworked pedals that way!!!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

bancika

Quote from: add4 on October 05, 2011, 10:21:12 AM
Hello Bancika,

Arnaud

p.s.

There's a bug with mac that usually happens when working with text. Still haven't figured out why

add4

Hello Banika,
Still playing with your nice software, thanks for all the work, once again!
I found another bug, haven't really checked if someone else mentioned it yet, i'm sorry about that, i just thought mentioning it would be useful. If there's a better way to signal them i'll gladly do it differently next time. don't want to bother you with that.
Anyway, about the bug: when i select a group of components (solder pads for this specific case, but that also happened with other types of components) and move them using the mouse, they don't move the same way: in this example, the middle solder pad moves twice as fast as the other two.
I'm on a late 2010 mac with Lion.

Hope that helps
Peace
Arnaud

bancika

Hi,
please file any bugs at http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/issues/list
I won't be able to work on this for another two months, so this is a good way to make sure nothing gets lost :)
Thanks

bsmcc2010

on V3 is there a way to number the strip board like i see on V1 layouts?

CodeMonk

Great program.
I saw on the web page about "[Improvement] Allow zero ohm resistors"
Still seems to have that problem, at least for me.
The program just freezes :(

Musok

Amazing work. Great job! Really is!

Where can I find more components to install?

bancika

Quote from: add4 on October 22, 2011, 10:17:16 AM
Anyway, about the bug: when i select a group of components (solder pads for this specific case, but that also happened with other types of components) and move them using the mouse, they don't move the same way: in this example, the middle solder pad moves twice as fast as the other two.

This was fixed and released few days ago as 3.1.0, check it out. There are few other improvements.
Cheers

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bancika on February 06, 2012, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: add4 on October 22, 2011, 10:17:16 AM

This was fixed and released few days ago as 3.1.0, check it out. There are few other improvements.
Cheers

great I'm proving it!! thanks bancika  :icon_mrgreen:

Perrow

Yes, development. Can't wait to get home and get time to download and test.

During the short time I had a development environment up and was able to compile I managed to copy the image component and make one that rendered on a "lower" layer. The files I created with that component can't be loaded now as the component is missing. I'd rather diylc popped up a warning and told me that every instance of that component will be missing.

Given the number of people that will experience this problem I understand if this won't be be given a panic patch, but I thought I'd mention it when I remembered and I'm sitting here at IKEA while my kids play :-)

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 07, 2012, 07:01:47 AM
leave those hot dogs alone.... ;D

Did. The kids had meatballs, I had chicken. Paid less for all of us than I usually pay for lunch just for me 8)

bancika

got the v3.2.0 out, here's the list of changes

[New Feature] Select components from context menu even when they are under other components
[New Feature] Ctrl+Shift toggles "Snap to Grid" option
[New Feature] Perfboards can show hole coordinates
[Improvement] Smarter resistor labels; try not to overlap label with color code bands
[Improvement] Improved import from v1 file format
[Improvement] Imperial ruler is divided to .1" instead of 1/4" [Improvement] Allow finer grid spacing up to 0.5mm (0.02")  
[Improvement] Do not hard-code voltage and power ratings

here's the link http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/downloads/detail?name=diylc-3.2.0-beta.zip

Cheers,
Bane