DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dano12

Works for me. Try left-clicking on the image first. Then right click. You should get a popup menu.

Ctrl-A seems to work if you first click a node in the treeview. Give it a few seconds--it is not instantaneous.

I found one problem with Ctrl-A. It selects everything in my layout. But when I press one of the "move" arrows, it moves everything except the IC.

bancika

it should work without left clicking before.
as for select all, you don't have to click on node, but anywhere on explorer pane. I'll make it work anywhere.
I tried moving more components and IC's moved  :icon_rolleyes:
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Gilles C

Nah, I tried clicking left first, it does't work.

And CTRL-A selects all, but doesn't delete everything.

And here is what happens when I try to move what I selected with CTRL-A, with an arrow.

Gilles

Samy

When i render the pnp with one trace selected, that track is not black !

( sorry my English ) ...

choklitlove

my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

bancika

goosonique

<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

fixr1984

When you save a file it asks you if you want to go online and save it to the official layout gallery.
Where is that? Can that be used to post it and have it verified?

bancika

Layout gallery is here http://storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=layouts and you can get there by clicking "Layouts Online" in program. Everyone should post their layouts and someone will veryfy it sooner or later.

mydementia

How about adding 'date uploaded' and 'verified by' columns - would be useful for those of us wanting to know what's new and what works.
Than's for all the good work.
Mike

bancika

Hmmm...I'm thinking about way to do it properly. It's hard to make people send verification, most of them will forget. As for date, I don't think it's necessary. Layouts are sorted first by category and then by date so new layouts are ones on top of each category. Date column would take much space. It would be great to have verification system that works. It's not a problem for me to add Verified column, but 95% of them will not have verified status. Not because they aren't good, but because nobody told me. And I really don't have time to do verification of each layout.

Some of layouts have UNVERIFIED warning, in anyone of you does verify it please delete warning text (or change it to "Verified by XXX") and send layout back to me. I'll update it in gallery

Btw, I'm working on those bugs you noticed in last release. I think I got them all.

Cheers

Gilles C

I think we can all take care of the verification part of the layouts.

If a mistake is found, we can just send the corrected layout to you, and mention the reason. A note could be added on the layout to say it was built successfully and that the layout is good.

And if a mistake is found by someone on one of the layout, it should be mentionned to the one who made the layout, not to you.

Gilles

bancika

Sure, sounds reasonable. There are at least dozen of you, so two layouts each doesn't make much of a work  :icon_rolleyes:
I noticed one error, but can't remember in which layout. Someone put 8pin DIL IC, but instead of 4x4 size it's 4x3. Easy mistake to make. I'll add some kind of warining if user tries to add some weird sized ICs.
Btw, I'm writting Tutorials at the moment  :icon_smile:

bancika

New version is up. I changed all bugs noticed from last time (or I hope I did), added tutorial for all important feature (tell me it it needs anything else) and did some cosmetic fixes (dialog boxes look batter now).
Check it out :)

Gilles C

First, the good news: I can now do a multi-select with CTRL-A, and I am able to move all these parts together with the arrows.

And the help file is a good addition. Working well and looking good.

Now, how can I stop this multi-select? I can't un-select them. They stay selected after that. I tried ESC and clicking elsewhere in the window.

And right-click still doesn't work on my PC. The first time I tried it, I saw a crossline symbol when I was moving the cursor above the components, not the second time I tried.

Ok, I know why I didn't see the cross the second time. It's because I started with a new layout, and added a few components, then tried to right-click them.

How can I get out of the component adding routine? I can't left-click a component because it keeps adding new components once I started doing it, and right-click doesn't do anything.

But no more window error.

Gilles

fixr1984

Trace cuts that are behind a cap or a resistor are kinda hard to see. Anyway to make them show up darker.
Other than that I really love what you've done with the program.

bancika

You can right click even when in component adding routine, just right-click :)
To unselect all items just click on some category item that is not selected.
Making trace cuts more visible under components would mean making components less visible. That could be a problem

Gilles C

So right-click really doesn't work on my PC.

And when I multi-select components with CTRL-A, the selected components names are highlighted dark gray. When I click on a separate component, it gets selected on the layout with its wires getting RED, and all the component names get light gray instead of dark grey.

And if I use the arrows, all the component move instead of the single one with the red wires.

From there, if I click in the explorer window without selecting any component, all the components names go back to the dark gray color to show they are still selected. I can't get out of the multi-select mode.

???

Gilles

bancika

For right click...it must work  ??? :icon_exclaim:
As for multi-select, I forgot to update something from single-select era. Only last selected component makes red wires although more than one component is selected. As I said before, when all items are selected those category tree nodes like [Resistors] stay unselected. Click on it and all other will becume unselected. I'll make Esc shortcut for unselect.
Component names turn light gray when Explorer is not in Focus, not when they are unselected.
Hope you get it now :)

RLBJR65

Oopps, I see that you CAN paste text from Word :icon_redface: Sorry don't know what I tried the first time?!

The changes you made are great! The tutorial is looking good as well.

On the web page it would be nice to have a revision # or some other way to tell if a layout had been updated in any way.

Thanks
Richard
Richard Boop