DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

As for wrong rotate and select icons you probably don't have font used there. Next build will install font if needed.
It has no dependance on browser so it's not the problem.
As for black lines, some guys switch to PCB mode to enable traces, put them on board and switch back to old mode.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bancika

Hello, I'm finally back. Updated layout gallery (thanks to everyone who contributed) and did some changes:
- program remembers last used pad size and applies it to new pads
- square pads for negative poles of components and for first pins of IC's, it could be helpful when placing ICs
few more changes and I'll upload it
Cheers

Basile

Hi bancika...

I was just using your software and I still have regrets not to be able to use it on my GNU/Linux Debian.... I have a poor experience on DELPHI (Pascal) programming, but an idea came to me and I would like to known if is possible to convert your code into java mixture.... this will have the consequence that anybody will be able to use it even if the OS is Linux or MacOS or Windows.... Perhaps you will find my proposal a bit useless, or perhaps you hate Java but I just want to know if it's possible.... 

One more time, thank you for all your work!

regards,

Basile
The Flammable Project - a website made for DIY'ers.
Current project: The Mutron Biphase

theman

Quote from: bancika on August 15, 2006, 04:46:46 PM
Hello, I'm finally back. Updated layout gallery (thanks to everyone who contributed) and did some changes:
- program remembers last used pad size and applies it to new pads
- square pads for negative poles of components and for first pins of IC's, it could be helpful when placing ICs
few more changes and I'll upload it
Cheers

I think the standard is square solder pads for "+" terminals ....

I'd also love to see the standard 100K horizontal trimmers you see on JFET circuits. These occupy some horizontal real estate, but different pinout and body shape than what is offered on the program currently.

Anyways, this program is tremendous ... great work!

Gilles C

Square pad is indeed the standard for the positive side of polarized parts.

bancika

Tnx, will change it...anyway it's done :)
About converting to any other language, it's pretty impossible. Some elements (explorer) are windows native components, some (menu pane) are 3rd party components available only for delphi. Besides, there are >3500 lines of code. Even I have problem to mess around it :)
You should really try with windows emulators
Cheers

bancika

Me again,
one small poll: do you think I should sort all layouts in gallery using date or group them in categories like now? There are more than 100 of them, it's getting large  :icon_razz:
I fixed problem with dialogs on multi-monitor computers (I hope).
Square pads are now on positive side.

Basile

I'm gonna to try some Wine and other stuff... quite difficult to set, btw....Concerning your grouping order... maybe a mix band between group and date will be the best.... I mean, first group them by category (fuzz, distortion, etc ) and then by a second order which is the date ... That's for me the best things to do!

regards,

Basile the poor little Debian user.....
The Flammable Project - a website made for DIY'ers.
Current project: The Mutron Biphase

Roobin

Quote from: bancika on August 12, 2006, 06:51:27 PM
Hi guys,
as for hole spacing, I don't think it will be available any time soon. The reason is simple, unique engine is used to save/draw/edit all layouts, no matter which type of layout you use. Changing hole spacing for PCB (I think you're refering to that) would break that concept.

Actually, I realised that the standard spacing for things like trimmers is 2.54mm - 0.1". So no need to change. KISS I say.

Also guys, I'm currently working on a PCB version of RG's Easyvibe layout. Is using lots of jumpers (7 or more) a sign of bad layout or just a difficult task?

skiraly017

The hole spacing has worked perfectly for me as well. Resistors, diodes, and capacitors of all kinds sit very nicely on the boards I've etched. If I forgot to mention it before, I really appreciate Bancika taking the time to do this and for free nonetheless.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Roobin

About grouping - maybe a page for each type - e.g. Amps, Boosters, Overdrives.

skiraly017

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

bancika

I released new version. List of updates is available in update dialog
What do you think?

Roobin

bancika

bancika

Roobin

Got the square pads working on the Electrolytes.

Sorry another q: Currently, working on the EZvibe, its really slow, even with nothing else running. Common problem (its a 40*20 board)?

skiraly017

Quote from: Roobin on August 17, 2006, 03:18:06 PM
Got the square pads working on the Electrolytes.

Sorry another q: Currently, working on the EZvibe, its really slow, even with nothing else running. Common problem (its a 40*20 board)?

I started working on an Easy Vibe layout last night, but gave up when a headache set it. :icon_lol: Keep us posted if you create one.

skiraly017

I have more of an anal-retentive curiousity than a question. Is there a way to get the components to list in order underneath the actual layout (ex. R1, R2, R3, etc.)? They seem to list in no particular order. Thanks.