DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Hello guys, I've made few changes to make things easier with offboard wiring.

• board is moved 4 stripes below, guess there's enough place now
  • component list can be turned off to leave space for components below board
  • to compesnate loss of component list I added "Export BOM" function that created TXT file with all components listed
Hope you like it  :icon_wink:
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

uan

i've problem with trimmer..
i create my layout using previous version. When i load it using current version, my trimmers was 4 grid above but its solder pad was in correct position. I tried to move down the trimmer to the correct position but the solder pad which is already in correct grid follows to moving down.

one more thing, my DIYLC often freeze when i want to minimize, maximize or even moving the window left and right. I'm using Pentium 4 HT with 512mb memory.. i think its enough to run your software..

btw, it helps me alot!
- UAN -

bancika

Hello,
thanks for reporting bug, it's been fixed now along with another one. As for freezing, it's probably caused by slow drawing on large layouts, just give it a second or two...
Cheers

Xavier

All the updates are great, Bancika. I'm having a really good time by using your software.

Thumbs up for you !!

bancika

mdc

Dude this software kicks serious butt now! I can't imagine what I would do without it now. Thanks heaps. I uploaded a non guitar related layout (dazer) to your site. More to come. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work! Always look forward to seeing what is added with the updates!  :icon_cool:
Guitar FX built: NPN Fuzz Face, PMPU Octavia, A/B box, Univibed Phase 45, Ruby

skiraly017

Has anything changed with the "Render PNP" feature. I used to be able to render the PNP image, convert it to an Adobe PDF file and send it off to my board guy without having to resize the image. Now if I render the PNP, it comes out substantially larger than intended (page scaling is turned off). If I try to resize it, the image loses its resolution. Any ideas? Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

bancika

mdc, thanks  :icon_redface:
skiraly017, I haven't changed render routines for a long time...

skiraly017

Quote from: bancika on October 23, 2006, 09:54:29 AM
skiraly017, I haven't changed render routines for a long time...

Strange. The software has been through a few updates since that last time I had to render a PNP so I can't even tell you what the last version was that did not display this behavior. I'll keep playing around with it and see what happens.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

stm

Hi, I have 3 observations today:

1) The rendered PCB image should be created with a "bits-per-pixel" or "bpp" value of 200 DPI.  Currently it is 96 DPI, which is the usual windows desktop resolution. If the resolution is set to 200 DPI for both X and Y axis, then most softwares should be able to interpret the real image dimensions automatically.

2) After you included the wires in the versions, a text drawing bug started appearing on the working screen (application window).  The right half of the title and subtitle texts of the circuit are clipped in the window if they are large enough.  The image attached at the end illustrates this.  On the other hand, when rendering the design the texts appear OK in the GIF.

3) Today I pressed a "check for update" option and indicated a new version was available dated Oct 18th.  I was supossed to have that version, however I downloadd it again and reinstalled it.  When running the program after this still indicates there is a new version available.

bancika

1) will think about it
2) strange, I tried now with very long text and nothing was wrong.  :icon_rolleyes:
3) I probably forgot to write correct version in software...it has to match with version written in update file on site. Next one will be correct

Tnx

skiraly017

Just out of curiousity, is anyone else having issues with the PNP rendering in the correct size? Just trying to figure out if it's user error. Thanks.

zpyder

Firstly, thanks for making this software available to all of us bancika- a super valuable tool!

Second... transformers.  I started to search through this thread for mention of it, but seeing as it's 37 pages long, I gave up.  It doesn't seem that there are transfomers available within the software to be placed.  Has this been addressed/pondered?

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

bancika

yep, it exists for more than 5 versions. Download latest version and try out :)
By the way, next version will have little thicker wires (for 2 pixels), it looks much better and more realistic.
Cheers

Ronsonic

I've just started experimenting with this program and am really liking it.

For the simple - ish designs in my analog audio world this makes a lot more sense than creating component profiles in something like Eagle.

Many thanks.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

DryRoasted

Heres an idea, add a type of text object that appears on the PNP, kinda so you can put your name or the circuits name on the PCB.
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

markm

bancika

zpyder

bancika-
why not make the "Traces" available on Perf boards as well as PCB?  It is possible to place traces on a perf project, but only by trickery.  The leads are so tiny looking and tend to blend into edges of other components like IC's.  MarkM's perf layout gallery (http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album77) includes many perf layouts using your software that utilize traces.  I think they look great.  He's done this (I'm assuming) by either creating the project as a PCB layout and then changing the board to perf when complete, or laying all the traces before placing components - as either method will allow you to get traqces onto a perf project.

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.