DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

I just put new version here http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diylc/diylc_beta.zip (note that it's Beta, I think it's ready for beta).
I added engine.txt which will describe component engine for those interested in making components, it's half done. Try to read it and let me know if there's something unclear.
Grouping, ungrouping works, still have to fix something small but it's nice feature. I've added few more components, improved internal structure a bit, fixed some bugs, etc.
Also, there's BAT file you can use to run the app in case you're having problems running it directly from JAR.

Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

arma61

first of all thx bancika for all this, second Merry Xmas to everybody, then, it's hard to check if this was already asked, anyway would it be possible to let it "keep in mind" the directory where you open, save, load picture, at the moment it just open it in Document, and everytime jump back to this position, I mean you open a file in "d:\elec...." when you want to open another file it goes back to Document.

Thx
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

bancika

I don't remember if that's brought up either...anyways, I'll make it remember last used directory.
Cheers

scaesic

Quote from: bancika on December 25, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
I don't remember if that's brought up either...anyways, I'll make it remember last used directory.
Cheers

Looking really polished, especially like the documentation.

one thing about pcb aspect: i think it'd be much easier to use the copper trace if it drew a trace between two selected points instead of generating a horizontal strip which you have to manouver around each time. I dont know if it's possible though. If it is, it'd be useful to implement this with a few other things like solder pad and eyelet (except this would only require you to select one point).

bancika

well, I could think about making that as an option. One way, components would be placed on their default location, other way, you'd have to choose control points manually...
cheers

nokaster

bancika, you are the best!

one issue i have, maybe macintosh related?
i can't open the layouts that are downloadable from your site in your new program.
is there a way for you to fix this, or will it never work?

thx again! and merry christmas

bancika

Thanks, nokaster!

with this version we have moved too far from the engine of the old version, so there's no way it can read old files. Once I have stable production release of new DIYLC I'll try to make some kind of external converter to convert old layouts, at least partially.

Cheers,
Bane

bancika

bside2234

Ok. So I am trying to do a PCB. I am trying to tighten up a layout to fit into a B size enclosure better.
The objects are either normally spaced (kinda far) apart or they are on top of each other (overlapping). Is this spacing adjustable or is there anything I can do? It seems like a half space would work.

bancika

bside2234

Nevermind. I guess it's ok. What I was trying to say is when you put some of the components right next to each other They are almost on top of each other. When I move it away so it isn't on top of the the other one, it is too far away. I was saying that being able to move it about half the distance would be good.
It's ok now. I looked at it a little better and it's not that bad.

bancika

When you're holding ctrl key while dragging you can set them wherever you like without snapping to the grid
Cheers

bside2234

bancika

I'll make this options little more explicit (menu option, ctrl will do the opposite of whatever is selected in the menu)

bside2234

scaesic

theres one component that really needs to be added seeing as this is a beta,  a trace cut symbol, its been suggested before but maybe i just cant see it on the menu or you've forgotten about it.

Also, legs for opamp schematic :) and a Component part number on/off toggle could be useful.

Saving, opening and printing a png file works fine for me. havnt printed any of the pngs to paper yet. Is there a way to show only one z order/layer? for example show just the traces? I presume this could be done easily by having a button which sets everything on other z orders to be 100% transparent.

bside2234

Not a big deal but is it possible to make the traces have round corners? When you do thick traces at 45 degrees there are 2 points sticking out of the intersection.

bancika

BINGEWOOD

First off thank you for the software.  Did 2 layouts so far.  I noticed on my macbook pro that after using the program for a while it kinda stops reacting and gets real slow.  I have been able to save and quit then restart the program and work again until it "krunks out" again.  Otherwise I really like it and have been able to use it and photoshop to make a cpl boards. 

I was going to ask for show/hide layers but I see it just came up.  Also the lock function doesn't seem to be working in the last ver I got but I think it was working in a previous one.

Thanks again bancika!