Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielzink

Valoosj

Nice work Dan! Any soundclips of the little bugger?

Here are my next projects. The tremolo is finished apart from the missing knobs. The delay is in need of some attention.

Light emitting border

Guts, trimmers are depth and gain.

Delay lying next to its brother.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

blanik

you guys are freaking geniuses  :icon_eek:

all this stuff is amazing... (i was thinking i was hot when i fitted a Rebote 2.5 in a regular small Hammond box  :icon_redface: )

hubble

Valoosj

I got them from Maplin. Nowadays Banzai has them too.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

danielzink

Dirty Boots Germainum Booster/Overdrive - using Russian GT313's

and a group shot:

Dan

chi_boy

Quote from: danielzink on March 05, 2009, 05:17:50 PM

and a group shot:

Dan

Dan,

Those are VERY cool.  Did you post those layouts anywhere, or are you just going to tease?

Cheers,
GP
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

danielzink

Quote from: chi_boy on March 06, 2009, 09:00:41 PM

and a group shot:

Dan

Dan,

Those are VERY cool.  Did you post those layouts anywhere, or are you just going to tease?

Cheers,
GP

The Easy Drive, SparkleBoost and Pushme Pullyou are all posted on the 'net.
The Dirty Boots and Eternity Clone are posted at FSB
The Delay is a mod Board from guitarfetish.com
The Phaser is someone elses layout that I have an agreement with to not post it (sorry..)
The Tubes Creamer is Deaj's YATS layout that I shrunk down. I need to talk to him and see if he doesn't mind if I post it - as it was originally his layout.

;D

Dan

solderman

Dirty Boots Germainum Booster/Overdrive - using Russian GT313's

and a group shot:

Dan

Hi Dan
Top nudge job Dan. I really like that you stick to that basic design and color. It makes them come together as a family. Bay the way have you talked about contraceptives with your soldering iron as the famely is growing that rapidly ;D

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Valoosj

Mini tremolo, with pulsating led border.

Green Big Muff

solderman

Pink Noise
or 1/ƒ as some would call it is a Fuller mod Fuzz Face, schematics from R.G. The Technology of the Fuzz Face.
I don't like the sound of a Fuzz. Why build it then? A friend of mine gave me tree NOS Valvo AC128 and as a stomp box builder it would equal with treason not to use them. He worked as a developer at Ericsson and found them in the scrap bin, along with other vintage stuff, when his department was moving. He asked people that had worked there since the 60: s and they sad that they probably were from back then. Two were 90 and 93 hFe and low leakage. Since it's a PNP and positive ground I had to incorporate batteries in the enclosure so the little black package you see is 3x3V lithium cells 75 mAh each. It actually produces 12.6V together, don't ask me why, Its a little too much for this but whatever. As I won't use this much and a fuzz is cheap on battery it will last forever

Zingo
First I was gona call it Jaffa but then I remembered Zingo. My homies will know what this is. For you how don't Zingo was one of the most popular sodas before the world was Coca Colalfied, this was in the early 70:s and It came in Orange (guessed the effect yet?), Chocolate, Pear and Apple.

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

dantahoua

Should be great to have a small phaser layout...  :icon_redface: This is the only pedal that take to much room on my board!

solderman

Quote from: dantahoua on March 31, 2009, 10:45:05 AM
Should be great to have a small phaser layout...  :icon_redface: This is the only pedal that take to much room on my board!

Hi
Here you are http://solderman.fatabur.se/Mini_effects.html Here you can find The PH 45 a Phase 45. I think Valoosj  has one for a 90 degree

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

Processaurus

An old one, a Triple Fuzz:

Found my gut shots of this one, a clone of a boutique noise maker/distortion, the pcb is sized so that it gets held in place by the PCB mount pots and the bottom lid (with a little foam tape on the lid to squish it in).

robizz

microamp with self made eagle layout! (and self made crappy etching  ;D)

check my website for eagles files!
Sorry for my very bad english but i'm italian! (and i think you've understood that!)

solderman

Hi
I have built some new ones and re built one. I sold the first PH 45 and built a new.

This is the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. It's a two channel distortion built around a 4049 sort of a a heavily modded ROG double D.

This is the Viper Z. Its a modded ROG Thor with the bass switch always on a bit modded in the tone and with the bright swith left. A realy good treble booster at low dist level.

This is the Percussion A square wave tremolo
See this tread http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=75372.msg617951#msg617951

This is the Never Mind. Its a stock Zombie Chorus

And finaly the PH 45 a MXR Pahse 45

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

Valoosj

solderman

Quote from: Valoosj on April 25, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
Very cool!

Thank's I have a silicon fuzz coming up next week. Its gonna be the "Purple Haze" guess the colour  ;D

//Solderman 

www.soldersound.com

SonicVI

Props to all of you guys. I would go absolutely mad working in such small enclosures.